Awoo.

Classic or Modern Sonic?

Agent York

As Blue Blood said, he's closer in size. M. Sonic is freakishly tall and like a man animal.

I prefer the Modern design personally. Seeing them both side by side only further confirmed that for me. Don't get me wrong, i love classic Sonic and his gameplay, but fully aesthetically, I just like the newer design.

My favorite art style has to be the Adventure series concept art though.

UKFub.jpg

Wm35h.jpg

I think this style of animation captures Sonic's style much better than the CG art they use these days. I love the signature grin, crazy poses, and just the general feel of the art style. I understand WHY Sonic's character design/art style keeps changing and I'm totally cool with it, but these always portray my interpretation of Sonic perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well shut my mouth wide open, I'm not the only one in the world anymore who thinks the Adventure art had a ton of life and energy in it along with interesting poses and situations. =D

• Thumbs Up 2

My only problem with the Adventure art is that its less detailed than most of the 2D artwork nowadays, and that's really more to time than anything else.

I too greatly like the vibrancy and personality of the poses in SA-era Uekawa artwork. The only thing bad about it is the exaggerated shoes. They almost look clownish in their hugeness :S

Well shut my mouth wide open, I'm not the only one in the world anymore who thinks the Adventure art had a ton of life and energy in it along with interesting poses and situations. =D

I too greatly like the vibrancy and personality of the poses in SA-era Uekawa artwork. The only thing bad about it is the exaggerated shoes. They almost look clownish in their hugeness :S

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Does the Adventure Sonic count as Modern? If he does, then Modern > Chubby Sonic.
Edited by sonfan1984

My favorite design is the "Japanese Classic" design, I guess you'd call it. By that I mean the way Sonic looked in CD and the OVA. I felt that design had the best mix between simplicity and coolness.

That said, I'm happy with his modern day look as well. I just wish we'd see it outside of CGI models more often.

And plus I liked being able to play through the classic stages as super sonic, whereas in modern gameplay super forms are restricted until one enclosed area at the end.

And plus I liked being able to play through the classic stages as super sonic, whereas in modern gameplay super forms are restricted until one enclosed area at the end.

That has nothing to do with the character design. And as of last year, that's a trend which looks like it's going to change.

• Thumbs Up 1

Super Sonic was playable in all levels in Sonic Colors.

Edited by SuperClassic

And it looks like he is playable in all stages of Sonic Generations as well.

Edited by turbojet