Awoo.

What stages do you want to see in Sonic Generations?

Agent York

If they're going to add anything from Sonic 06, they should add some of Wave Ocean's influence into the inevitable inclusion of Emerald Coast.

...true that Wave Ocean was based off of Emerald Coast to begin with, but you catch my drift.

Décor like the boats and things? Wave Ocean was basically Emerald Coast act 3, and I'd like to see some of that this time around, especially for the 2D stages because they don't translate to 3D well.

If we're going to talk about Sonic 2006 levels, I did sort of like the appearance of Aquatic Base.

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked the look of all the stages, except each was lacking ALOT of polish.

The worst area on that game was the jungle; what an absolute joke. Anywayyyy, I wonder how many stages are gonna be held. Random stages from many games just seems a bit.. far fetched. Surely there has got to be some kind of order to how they are presented.

Don't count on it, the game did erase itself afterall.

The events of the story were erased, but that doesn't mean that the locations where the game took place never existed. I think it's very possible for places like Kingdom Valley to show up again.

Edited by BD3

I'd still like to see stages from some of the less-than-stellar games; just because the games themselves were bad doesn't mean that every bit of material from them is unsalvageable. I mean, depending on how everything's handled in-story, of course. The stage from '06 that I'd most like to see make a return in Generations is Crisis City, for instance, and that carries... baggage, storyline-wise. I guess Aquatic Base could work as a second option; it's fairly unique, at least by '06's standards.

Hm... what else? I'd love to see Collision Chaos come back just so we can get a remix of my favourite song in the entire series (the Japanese/European version, that is... I'll FFFFFFF- for a week straight if we get the level but the music is from the NA version). I'd love to see a combination of Lava Reef and Hidden Palace that switches back and forth between ancient echidna ruins and magma-filled caverns. There really ought to be a level set on the ARK (hopefully with elements from more than one ARK level), given how important it was to the storylines of two of the series' games.

If they do decide to remake levels from Sonic 06, Crisis City, Radical Train, Kingdom Valley and Aquatic Base in a GOOD Sonic game would be freakin' awesome. If they bring back stages from any of the other "bad" Sonic games, Night Palace from Sonic and the Secret Rings. Seriously. Evil Foundry would be pretty cool too.

So, I take it that I'm the only one who would really like to see Shadow the Hedgehog's Digital Circuit and Sonic Rush Adventure's Steam Labyrinth included? D:

Hey, I totally mentioned my desire to see Digital Circuit in a different thread. Shadow the Hedgehog had some great level themes, and it'd be a pity not to see at least one stage in Generations based on something from that game. Mad Matrix, Circus Park, Cryptic Castle or one of the Black Comet levels would work too.

Machine Labyrinth would be nice, but (aside from being a bit unlikely to show up since it's from a spinoff) it'd be a little tough to fit into a strictly time-travel storyline since it's a location from Blaze's dimension. Er... well, I guess there are ways you could explain it, like maybe the time travel being anchored to wherever Sonic was at any given time or blah blah blah, but ever since the '06/Rivals fiasco I've had a paralyzing fear of mixing time travel and dimensional travel. Besides, Sky Babylon all the way.

What I'd really like to see is a stage that combines elements of SA2's Metal Harbour and Rush's Huge Crisis. Like, when on top of the ships it'd be more like Metal Harbour with strafing GUN planes and jumping from ship to ship, but below decks it'd borrow more from Huge Crisis, with the pipes, pistons, steam jets and those rocket-powered panel things.

For us Swedes, it's Håkan Hellström Zone.

Oh yeah, I've heard that one too but I just couldn't remember what it was called.

Metal Harbor could be fleashed out alot more. The stages from SA2 are too short.

While we are talking about SA2, Final Rush needs to happen.

Edited by turbojet

I mentioned in the other thread that I'd really like to see Collision Chaos in the game. I find it to be the most memorable part of CD. That as well as Aquatic Ruin would make the game for me.

Stardust Speedway mixed with Chemical Plant is something i would like to see and escape from the city might be nice as well.The death egg has a high chance of getting in which begs the question what will the last stage be like. And i really hope atleast one of the chaotix stage's get in this. And also here's a quick dub

Edited by Smash

I'm not going to be picky about which stages get in this game, except for Hydrocity. Hydrocity seriously needs more love, and if this is the only chance in history for some more lovin' to be had, then I'm just gonna hunker down and send some 4.5 cake to RubyEclipse or whatever else needs to be done. Please Sega? I'll buy two copies. ;;

• Thumbs Up 1

^ It's more a comedy piece than an actual rant, whether the guys who made it believe what they're saying or not. It's also a sequel to this video.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Perfect Chaos. Not only is it my favourite of all the Super battles, it's also the most atmospheric and original. Chaos was designed in such a way that he wouldn't have been possible to make on consoles before the Dreamcast, so seeing him remade in his ultimate form on a current gen console would be amazing. He's too awesome.

SA1PerfChaos2.png

• Thumbs Up 2

^ It's more a comedy piece than an actual rant, whether the guys who made it believe what they're saying or not. It's also a sequel to this video.

But can you explain what you says?

Someone made a pic to give a glimpse on how Hydrocity in 3d would look like

hhh.jpg

Edited by ChikaBoing
  • Thumbs Up 2

Someone made a pic to give a glimpse on how Hydrocity in 3d would look like

Someone's fond of their lens flares... Pretty darn nice looking. c:

As for what stages I'd like to see... well I'd have to think more to list every stage I'd like to see, but one must-have for me would be Sky Sanctuary Zone. That level gives me chills every time I play through it, and it would bring a smile to my face to see it in 3D.

Perfect Chaos. Not only is it my favourite of all the Super battles, it's also the most atmospheric and original. Chaos was designed in such a way that he wouldn't have been possible to make on consoles before the Dreamcast, so seeing him remade in his ultimate form on a current gen console would be amazing. He's too awesome.

Oh GOD yes. I'm so glad someone else wants this to. If there is one boss battle I'd love to see appear, it's Perfect Chaos above any and all others. Personally I think the fight we were given was pretty meh but it still had masses amount of atmosphere and Open Your Heart can still give me goosebumps when thinking about how the fight could actually take place. Instead of fighting the picture that Blue Blood posted, imagine actually getting to fight this:

perfect_chaos.jpg?w=510&h=382

Speaking of which, I don't believe boss battles has been something that has been discussed about this game yet. Who's to say we're only gonna see stages re-made, what about boss battles? The past 20 years have seen some epic battles that would be incredible in today's technology.

Edited by ENVY16

Oh holy Moses on a Pogostick watching the Popeye movie, I forgot all about Chemical Plant!

I don't know how possible that stage would be within 3D space with all of the stage being made of thin roads on tubes, but I'd love to see this stage happen. Would probably be one of the more difficult stages to keep pace on for those reasons. Either way, just imagining that stage in 3 dimensional glory leaves me ecstatic.