Awoo.

What stages do you want to see in Sonic Generations?

Agent York

We obviously need to compromise certain levels to get as much content in as possible.

I suggest they seriously revamp City Escape and mesh it with a Sonic 2006 level.

Oh yeah.

That's right.

CRISIS CITY ESCAPE.

THAT TORNADO IS CARRYING A TRUCK WITH SAWBLADES!

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I love almost all the stages in Adventure, especially the ones you guys mentioned. Lost World and Windy Valley are excellent stages, Sky Deck was awe-inspiring, and Twinkle Park and Speed Highway were loads of fun. But I still wanna see Emerald Coast represent Adventure in Generations because, to me, it encapsulates all that Sonic Adventure is about better than those other stages. I just dunno what it is, but that stage just has such a strong charm to it, as well as delivering iconic moments to the franchise, such as whale chasing sequence, dolphins slashing through the water's end as the end of the level, and so on. As much as I adore the other levels, I just don't think they had as much of an impact as Emerald Coast did.

Plus, I personally put it in my list because, as much as I love those other levels, including stages like Windy Valley or Speed Highway would just be repetitious, considering the other levels that could show up. Emerald Coast is a beach/resort stage, which has it's own identity among the list, whereas the other stages sorta... don't. Also, I never liked Red Mountain all that much.... I dunno why, considering Adventure is still my favorite 3D Sonic game :mellow:

But it could be great. Just imagine the twists they could do on the level! Think of Classic Sonic being chased by the whale, or have Modern Sonic actually grab the whale (Wave Ocean style) and actually RIDE it through the bridge, rather than being chased by it.... and that music, man. Just think of the music.

Edited by EXshad

I have a lost battle, anyway. Emerald Coast is obviously confirmed for Generations. If it isn't, surely it'll cause an uproar. Even I'd be slightly disturbed myself. xD

We obviously need to compromise certain levels to get as much content in as possible.

I suggest they seriously revamp City Escape and mesh it with a Sonic 2006 level.

Oh yeah.

That's right.

CRISIS CITY ESCAPE.

THAT TORNADO IS CARRYING A TRUCK WITH SAWBLADES!

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel like I have to defend Emerald Coast.

Again.

So instead of typing up something original, I'll just requote my take on it from another topic:

Question for the boards:

Why do people like to lump Green Hill Zone as the same trope as Emerald Coast or any other beach level? Is it because Seaside Hill exists as a fusion between the two or something? I honestly can see them using Emerald Coast and making it far more unique than Green Hill with more sandy beaches, boardwalks and underwater ocean-reef exploration.

I mean, really. Honest question. Why?

sunny-beach-palm.jpg28kiowh.jpg5y7n4.jpg

Those do not look like the same place to me.

Thought we were done...?

I just said I really wouldn't like Emerald Coast as part of Sonic Generations, and that I'm fighting a losing battle, since it'll probably got picked, anyway, is all. :P

That wasn't directed at a specific person, really, I just am able to see that people aren't wrapping their heads around the prospects of an Emerald Coast re-imagining.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haha, got me there, dude. But you know what I was getting at. :P

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

For me, the Emerald Coast issue is not that I wouldn't LOVE to see that level remade for this game. Hands down, it'd be brilliant. However, I do NOT NOT NOT want all the levels we play to be the first levels of their respective games. So far, that's alls we got. GHZ and City Escape were both the first levels.

My first pick for SA1 now would probably be Lost World. It'd provide some good challenges, places to slow the action down a bit for 2D and 3D, and it wouldn't re-use the city trope (I mention this cuz I love Speed Highway) that City Escape and possibly Crisis City are using.

Keeping DLC in mind though, I'd vote for Emerald Coast to be in the first pack.

Yeah... the most memorable thing about Emerald Coast is already in Generations' Green Hill and City Escape (sort of); apart from that whale chase and the novelty of being the first 3D Sonic level ever it's really just a beach. There are some rocks and some bits of dock, and that's it.

Final Egg and Lost World are my preferred choices for levels from SA1. Final Egg is still one of my absolute favourite Eggman bases, from the laser traps to the conveyor belts to the computer's voice, and Lost World represents SA1's echidna backstory very well while also fitting the "ruins" niche perfectly and even including some water. A little Mystic Ruins jungle could be thrown in too to spice the level up since it won't have to compete with Jungle Joyride for the tropical spot.

Anyway, I'm a little late to the party on the 3DS speculation, but I might as well throw up a list of handheld levels I'd like to see:

Advance: Secret Base

Advance 2: Music Plant

Advance 3: Route 99

Rush: Water Palace

Rush Adventure: Haunted Ship

Colours DS, I guess: Asteroid Coaster...? (since I expect Planet Wisp to be in the HD version)

...I dunno. The handheld games are tough since there aren't many obvious must-include choices beyond maybe Water Palace, and Colours' levels are all pretty much on par aside from Planet Wisp.

About the whole emerald coast thing, While i would prefer that windy valley,Sky deck or twinkle park made it for adventure I'm perfectly fine with them using emerald coast. I get why others want it. It's not going to make me want to not buy generations or yell at Sega saying "why the hell is this here?!" There's always dlc if emerald coast was not your pick. So far the stages they've picked are the ones i've wanted so I'm fine with a few not being what I wanted. Not everyone is going to get what they want. This statement can also be said about Spagonia's inclusion. ;)

The only reason I want Emerald Coast is because of the demo disc that came with the Dreamcast back in 1999.

That wasn't directed at a specific person, really, I just am able to see that people aren't wrapping their heads around the prospects of an Emerald Coast re-imagining.

I mean, if they managed to blow us all away with City Escape and Green Hill, two levels we expected from the very beginning, why shouldn't Emerald Coast be able to do the same?

'kay, I'm done now.

How about them 3DS levels? I may want to see some Blue Coast action going on, actually.

Colosseum Highway, Sky Park, Meteor Base, Frontier Canyon and Blue Coast would be awesome as stages from the Rivals games, but I'd be surprised as fuck if any stages from those games got in. Water Palace is likely though, which is cool cause Blue Coast IS Blue Coast. Like, seriously.

EDIT: Whoops, fix'd it.

Edited by Blue Blood

Ill rage if emerald coast takes up the sa1 slot. All people care about is the damn whale and dont even appreciate/ never played all the other more brilliant stages. I wont even be happy with speed highway, because pretty much every post sa1 stage plays like speed highway. And city escape stole the building run. Though a fleshed out At Dawn segment would be awesome, and a breath of fresh air from the usual speedy level design.

Sky dec, lost, world, twinkle park. Sonic team please pick one!

Ill rage if emerald coast takes up the sa1 slot. All people care about is the damn whale and dont even appreciate/ never played all the other more brilliant stages. I wont even be happy with speed highway, because pretty much every post sa1 stage plays like speed highway. And city escape stole the building run. Though a fleshed out At Dawn segment would be awesome, and a breath of fresh air from the usual speedy level design.

Sky dec, lost, world, twinkle park. Sonic team please pick one!

I actually like every part of EC. I love running on beaches and the waterfalls in the caves are soooo pretty.

I actually like every part of EC. I love running on beaches and the waterfalls in the caves are soooo pretty.

Oh its a wonderful stage. But to be remade for generations, when wave ocean already covered it, and better stages exist, it would be a waste. And most people define sa1 by that whale. Its truly an underappreciated game.

Oh its a wonderful stage. But to be remade for generations, when wave ocean already covered it, and better stages exist, it would be a waste. And most people define sa1 by that whale. Its truly an underappreciated game.

Wisps are confirmed to be in if there's a Colours level.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/ponychan-brony-changes-his-legal-name.html

Closing off the presentation, the team was asked whether or not any of the Sonic Colours powers would be included in Generations. ‘If we include a Sonic Colours level in Generations, you could expect there be Colours powers,’ they responded.
Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I have no particular desires, because I know Sonic Team can't put all of my favorite zones in. As long as whatever zones they do put in, are as well designed as City Escape

Wisps are confirmed to be in if there's a Colours level.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/ponychan-brony-changes-his-legal-name.html

That's interesting... what if gimmicks for other levels return too? Like, for Stardust Speedway (or whatever CD stage we might see), what if you can go to the past and future, or create a good future by altering the past, like in the original? Or for Unleashed's Rooftop Run, what if the werehog....

Wait, this idea just got really shitty.

Edited by EXshad