Awoo.

Would you like Sega to bring back Silver?

Silver_hedgie

I'm just saying sega should give him a chance to star in a better game. Come on, he's a great character who got bad games involving time-travel,a messed up future filled with lava and monsters, when he should have gotten a bright futuristic city like in "Sonic Riders". You know, get involved a little more in the franchise as the awesome character that he really is.

Please, no bashing, if you like the character or think he should be revisited (get a fresh start), please leave you opinion here. =J

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 5

I personally never cared about Silver. He is nothing more than a character from the future who camed back (like trunks from DBZ) to help prevent stuff that happens in his time. I wouldn't mind him as a multiplayer thing but story wise, NO. I seriously could not see him returning again for any reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always liked Silver. But not because of what he was. I think Silver could really be tapped by Sega to be made into a really funny character. Look at him in the comics. almost the same character except he can make a few wise cracks "I'm not very good at telepathy but I can give people headaches". sure, we don't need some of his puns "want me to rock your world some more?" but I would like to see Silver reappear but be less serious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bring back Silver? Actually, he's never really left.

Why, in a mere ten days after the release of Sonic the Hedgehog he had a leading role in the PSP title Sonic Rivals. A few months afterwards he appeared as an unlockable playable character in Sonic and the Secret Rings's Party Mode. Later that very year he made a cameo in Sega Superstars Tennis, and had yet another leading role in Sonic Rivals' sequel, Sonic Rivals 2. In 2008, he popped up in Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story as an unlockable character and Super Smash Bros. Brawl in a wide variety of forms. His Arthurian counterpart was featured in Sonic and the Black Knight, and he was playable with a story role in Mario & Sonic 2. In just the last year he appeared in Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Free Riders - playable in 2 of which.

Story-wise? Just about everybody's been neglected outside of Sonic in the main titles as of late, really. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him pop up in the story of future titles, though - I quite liked him in both the Rivals games, Mario & Sonic 2 ("There's no need to climb down a cliff to fetch a mere banana! Child's play! I'll just use my psychokinesis! Watch and learn! Hrrah!"), and Colors, as well as his original outing. He should have a good reason for being there, though - can't have him just time-travelling all willy nilly. He should have a valid excuse...like wanting to participate in 21st century winter sports, or perhaps the need to visit an outdated interstellar amusement park.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 6

Would I like for sega to bring him back? He's not gone, dude.

Would I like for them to use him more? Yeah, I would. But they first have to come up with a story reason to bring him around and they have to improve his characterization and role.

For a guy with some pretty cool powers, he has a rather limited use outside of spin-off titles. And unless you're going to throw in every other character for the hell of it, it's not exactly something they should do willy-nilly.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Yes I would like to see Silver again, as I like him. However, I mostly liked his characterization in Sonic 06 (naive and insecure young kid, it was quite refreshing), but in later games, he was different. I remember he acted like a jerk in the Rivals games (admittedly, it's been a long while since I played them), and there isn't much to say about his appearance in Colors DS. I would like to see his personality from '06 brought back.

I'm just saying sega should give him a chance to star in a better game. Come on, he's a great character who got bad games involving time-travel,a messed up future filled with lava and monsters, when he should have gotten a bright futuristic city like in "Sonic Riders". You know, get involved a little more in the franchise as the awesome character that he really is.

Please, no bashing, if you like the character or think he should be revisited (get a fresh start), please leave you opinion here. =J

He does. He mentions this in Colours DS.

Oh yeah. Silver was a jerk in Sonic Rivals. i mean in Sonic Rivals 2 he bullies Tails. How jerky is that? As a fan of the future hog this was a moment I really hated him.

Well story wise I don't believe they can write Silver in it as his story is done and over with. He defeated the Flames of Disaster and got a better future, credits roll. Unless they write the future is going to be doomed again by a ham sandwich or something I don't think we will see him part of the story again. :P

Gameplay wise he would make a fun cameo character to play every now and then. But Silver really didn't leave as Hunter brought up as he did get a lot of playable appearances after 06. But it would be fun to use his psychic powers again. After all it his main gimmick right? Throwing barrels at people never be so much fun before. :P

He does. He mentions this in Colours DS.

Sorry to burst ur bubble, but it has been stated as no cannon already. Besides, i prefer watching that future in a game on a console game similar to Colors which they also used his hovering powers on the green wisp.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

Well story wise I don't believe they can write Silver in it as his story is done and over with.

Simple solution: Make a new one that works for him. So long as you're not ditching other key aspects of the character just to have them around, that works for damn near any other character with the exception of the Protagonist and the Antagonist who are vitually universal in what they can do.

Oh yeah. Silver was a jerk in Sonic Rivals. i mean in Sonic Rivals 2 he bullies Tails. How jerky is that? As a fan of the future hog this was a moment I really hated him.

He wasn't a jerk really, those games were about racing and battling similar to Sonic Battle for the GBA. And if u notice, Silver and all of other characters have similar lines like "Out of my way!" which was lame cause not only did they have the same lines but all of the character voice clips where from the first Rivals game being re-used again.

People say it's Silver that sucks, but they're wrong, it's the games he's been in. The plots don't make any sense, and why, cause not only was sega lazy to give this character a reasonable motive, but they gave him a dying world in flames. I mean come on this is Sonic, not Final Fantasy or Kindom of Hearts.

They should revisit the character and give him a bright future city like the one in "Sonic Riders". And nothing to do with monsters or doppelgangers. And as for gameplay, i know he ain't as fast like Sonic, but he's in the future which means there's a lot of gadgets and power ups he could use to go faster, even with or without the need of his ESP powers.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

Sorry to burst ur bubble, but it has been stated as no cannon already. Besides, i prefer watching that future in a game on a console game similar to Colors which they also used his hovering powers on the green wisp.

Stated as non-canon by WHO? Colours Wii is canon, and the DS game contradicts none of it. It just added a few little details.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5

Silver the Hedgehog is one of my all-time favourite characters, and I'd fully support his inclusion in future videogames.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stated as non-canon by WHO? Colours Wii is canon, and the DS game contradicts none of it. It just added a few little details.

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I'm just sayin what i heard back at the Sega forums. And it's hard to believe it's canon anyway cause at the end, sonic has go up against the "Nega" mother wisp as the final boss which kinda contradicts the Wii version since after the battle against Nega Wisp Armor u have to go to the second act which is "run for ur life".

• Thumbs Up 4

Would I like for sega to bring him back? He's not gone, dude.

Would I like for them to use him more? Yeah, I would. But they first have to come up with a story reason to bring him around and they have to improve his characterization and role.

For a guy with some pretty cool powers, he has a rather limited use outside of spin-off titles. And unless you're going to throw in every other character for the hell of it, it's not exactly something they should do willy-nilly.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

Think about, sega is going to re-lease another anniversary game that has to do with "time" again, which they've already done more then 3 times in past games. If Silver doesn't show up in this one, do you really think he'l ever come back? :o

i hope so! :(

Edited by Shaddix Croft

He was a lame character, who had an even more cliched backstory than Shadow did, he has an annoying and whiny voice (in english, at least. Daisuke Ono is fucking awesome in ANY role he plays, even Silver), and his gameplay mechanics were crap in Sonic 06.

Also, his hair looks like a Cockatoo got sucked into a blender.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 2

AAUK confirmed (while he was still working at SEGA) that the events of Sonic Colors DS do not count above the Wii version.

That being said, what Silver says about his future in a non-canon game isn't necessarily immediately rendered false because of it. While the event of Silver mentioning a bright future may not have happened, the bright future very well could still exist. The only issue is we have one less canon game to support this.

Sonic 2006's place in the continuity is an absolute mess, but we can assume that destroying Iblis fixed everything, anyway. The entire destruction of Solaris and hard reset of the time line right before Sonic 2006 even began coincides with the fact that Silver did end up saving his future; destroying Solaris was how he did it. This act is just one that also altered the futures of other characters, changed how the present unfolds, and erased some of the past. People don't consider any of the events of Sonic 2006 worth considering because of the timeline reset ending, however, the time reset in itself is what saved Silver's future for good.

That being said, he continues appearing in the past in the Rivals games to save his future... twice. It could be assumed by now that his future is bright anyway.

The fact that Silver says this in a non-canon game shouldn't be ignored outright, because it's a plausible assumption.

What I'm saying is that just because Colors DS isn't canon, doesn't mean what Silver says isn't true. The events of Colors Wii (nor the DS version) don't affect Silver's future at all. Sonic and Tails stopped Eggman before he could enslave the planet, Silver had no reason to jump back in time to save a ruined future, because the future isn't ruined.

Rule #1 never believe most things at the SEGA Forums

Seeing that Silver hasn't really been away (latest outing being Sonic Free Riders Unlockable and Sonic Colours DS cameo) I'd rather see him in some main games but I can see him being mostly a Spin off character now which is a shame =/

I'm just sayin what i heard back at the Sega forums.

Edited by Balding Spider

He wasn't a jerk really, those games were about racing and battling similar to Sonic Battle for the GBA. And if u notice, Silver and all of other characters have similar lines like "Out of my way!" which was lame cause not only did they have the same lines but all of the character voice clips where from the first Rivals game being re-used again.

Silver?

Allow me, Waluigi, tell you what I think:

14j7z0g.png

That said, unless they give him his comic personality (Which was really epic compared to the videogames), Silver is a no-no for now.

I really wish SEGA gave him the personality of the comics, but I'm sure that will never happen.

• Thumbs Up 4

They weren't being "re-used" again for Sonic Rivals 2, I played each story to death when I got it, since my xbox kicked the bucket at the time, and if I remember correctly, one highpoint to the story was that aswell as the dialogue being displayed along with the specific characters, they said the whole thing instead of like the first Rivals where they only had one liners.