Awoo.

Would you like Sega to bring back Silver?

Silver_hedgie

I guess it could happen in theory, but I don't think SEGA has any reason or want to do it. Most people dislike the character, for being another hedgehog, being introduced in '06, which means he was a shit character like everyone else in it, and his gameplay was frustrating and glitchy, and on top of being greatly disliked, there's the time travel aspect that prevents them from just tossing him in the story.

I suppose if it was worked on, his gameplay could be very interesting, but I'm not sure if it could suit a Sonic game.

Edited by Ekaje

Not me, because even though Eggman wants to end Sonic, he wouldn't threaten himself too, so if he "tried" to end time, he would cause his own existance to cease.

So I could only imagine a game where both Silver and Sonic are constantly trying to convince eggman to stop and you have to choose a sentance to say carefully.

That's not wat i meant. I meant like if Eggman were into ploting in having absolute control of time and be able to have everything in his favor, like what would have happened if Sonic were never to have his running powers (which i'm guessing it was Eggman who gave Sonic super speed, since there was once a comic that had a backstory of both Eggman and Sonic), and suddenly Eggman's plot has a downside to it. And as for Silver, he doesn't necessairly have to time-travel back to Sonic's time, it could be either Sonic ending up there by entering some time machine (portal or what ever) trying to stop Eggman and somehow manages to end up in Silver's time.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

I guess it could happen in theory, but I don't think SEGA has any reason or want to do it. Most people dislike the character, for being another hedgehog, being introduced in '06, which means he was a shit character like everyone else in it, and his gameplay was frustrating and glitchy, and on top of being greatly disliked, there's the time travel aspect that prevents them from just tossing him in the story.

I suppose if it was worked on, his gameplay could be very interesting, but I'm not sure if it could suit a Sonic game.

Well actually, come to think of it, in Colors there were the green wips and let's face it, that was a momentum for those who liked Silver's gameplay in 06. The blue cubes which is not one of Silver's powers, but if you think about it the cubes had rings inside them like Silver using his ESP on objects. The cyan wisp, which is also not one of his powers, but let's say he were to use his hovering gimmick he used in 06, would it be cool if he were able to battle enemies using cyan's power combined with the ESP. It could also get u where u want even quicker, since many complain that Silver's too slow. But with the help of power ups, it could work. And sure, he seems more like platform game character, but come on, if he's from the future, there should be a lot of stuff that could help him go as fast as Sonic. I mean, even sonic has done it before anyone else, like snowbording, hanging on a glide, parachute, hover craft or an air plane, being fired of a rocket, even riding a car.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

That's not wat i meant. I meant like if Eggman were to ploting in control time and be able to have everything in his favor, like what would have happened if Sonic were never to have his running powers (which i'm guessing it was Eggman who gave Sonic super speed, since there was once a comic that had a backstory of both Eggman and Sonic), and suddenly Eggman's plot has a downside to it. And as for Silver, he doesn't necesairly have to time-travel back to Sonic's time, it could be either Sonic ending up their by entering some time machine (portal or what ever) trying to stop Eggman and somehow manages to end up in Silver's time.

I would rather love a Sonic game where you play as Silver and only Silver, and your trying to stop Eggman Nega, but chaos emeralds/Sol Emeralds (whatever Sega would want to use) would each be trapped in a different time period, similar to AoSTH's Chaos Emerald saga, not THAT would be cool B)

I would rather love a Sonic game where you play as Silver and only Silver, and your trying to stop Eggman Nega, but chaos emeralds/Sol Emeralds (whatever Sega would want to use) would each be trapped in a different time period, similar to AoSTH's Chaos Emerald saga, not THAT would be cool B)

That kinda happend in 06 and it wasn't gret at all. <_<

• Bad Quality Post 1

Not me, because even though Eggman wants to end Sonic, he wouldn't threaten himself too, so if he "tried" to end time, he would cause his own existance to cease.

So I could only imagine a game where both Silver and Sonic are constantly trying to convince eggman to stop and you have to choose a sentance to say carefully.

Not at all. Using the power of video game logic, Robotnik would still be capable of somehow rebuilding it all as his kingdom.

That's not wat i meant. I meant like if Eggman were into ploting in having absolute control of time and be able to have everything in his favor, like what would have happened if Sonic were never to have his running powers (which i'm guessing it was Eggman who gave Sonic super speed, since there was once a comic that had a backstory of both Eggman and Sonic), and suddenly Eggman's plot has a downside to it. And as for Silver, he doesn't necessairly have to time-travel back to Sonic's time, it could be either Sonic ending up their by entering some time machine (portal or what ever) trying to stop Eggman and somehow manages to end up in Silver's time.

Fleetway is not canon to the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

That kinda happend in 06 and it wasn't gret at all. <_<

Maybe in the way you see it ;)

Not at all. Using the power of video game logic, Robotnik would still be capable of somehow rebuilding it all as his kingdom.

Fleetway is not canon to the games.

Yeah, i know. But wouldn't it be cool if that actually happened? (minus the rotten egg-thing)

Edited by Silver_hedgie

Yeah, i know. But wouldn't it be cool if that actually happened? (minus the rotten egg-thing)

Not for me. I actually prefer Sonic to have an ambigious backstory. Makes him more mysterious that way.

Not for me. I actually prefer Sonic to have an ambigious backstory. Makes him more mysterious that way.

Well u never know. but every hero needs an epic beggining. ;)

Edited by Silver_hedgie

Well u never know. but every hero needs an epic begginig. ;)

No. Not every hero needs to have one.

Not to mention I don't trust Sonic Team to give a proper backstory for any character since Shadow or the Bablyon Rogues. <_<

No. Not every hero needs to have one.

Not to mention I don't trust Sonic Team to give a proper backstory for any character since Shadow or the Bablyon Rogues. <_<

i think Shadow should the mysterious one, Eggman had something to do with Sonic, and Silver was just born that way.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

i think Shadow should the mysterious one, Eggman had something to do with Sonic, and Silver was just born that way.

I think what she meant was when Sega try to give a character a backstory it tends to.....suck, if not at the start later it will.

I'm gonna agree with another post saying that Silver should be something of a Timecop, one who goes to whatever point in time to correct time anomolies, and sets history down its path. It doesn't always have to involve Sonic, and it makes him less of a Trunks Expy, and actually gives him some indivisuality. His morality can also come into play, unlike Sonic who does good things based on what he(Sonic) thinks is right, Silver shouldn't know Right from Wrong, which leaves suspectible to manipulation.

This is just off the top of my head, but its something.

Edited by Shadic93

I'm acually a she, but whatever. :)

I keep forgetting, Dammit. I'm not used to girls being on a Sonic Forum.

• Thumbs Up 2

That already doesn't really work, since we know pretty much all of Shadow's history (and he has ties to Eggman already). I suppose theres always room for the possibility of Eggman being involved with Sonic's origin, but I'd honestly prefer if Sonic was just natural too.

Also a little something to think about, while Silver may be born with his powers, we have no idea who happened to spark the psychic uprising in the first place (since it could be a descendant of Eggman himself or even someone like Big). :V

I'm gonna agree with another post saying that Silver should be something of a Timecop, one who goes to whatever point in time to correct time anomolies, and sets history down its path. It doesn't always have to involve Sonic, and it makes him less of a Trunks Expy

Technically, it actually would make him more of a Trunks expy nowadays, considering that Trunks has also taken on a time-cop role in the Dragonball MMO, Dragonball Online. So Silver just can't seem to win. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I think what she meant was when Sega try to give a character a backstory it tends to.....suck, if not at the start later it will.

I'm gonna agree with another post saying that Silver should be something of a Timecop, one who goes to whatever point in time to correct time anomolies, and sets history down its path. It doesn't always have to involve Sonic, and it makes him less of a Trunks Expy, and actually gives him some indivisuality. His morality can also come into play, unlike Sonic who does good things based on what he(Sonic) thinks is right, Silver shouldn't know Right from Wrong, which leaves suspectible to manipulation.

This is just off the top of my head, but its something.

Actually that's kinda what i meant when i said that he should try to stop Eggman (or anyone else) from taking control and/or ruining time. But i wouldn't recommend him to be like in 06, like if anyone tried to ruin the future he tried to kill them for doing so.

It looks like SEGA are already trying to reset his backstory so that his future is nice and peaceful.

So maybe they're setting him up to allow for better integration into frequent activity. Just throwing it out there.

Rather than it being so hard to find an excuse for him to time travel again, they could just do something much easier and give Silver his own damn game you know. Like people have been saying, futuristic gadgets and powerups could be used to make his gameplay more interesting. A good portion of the main cast characters have had their own game -- Tails got one, Knuckles and the Chaotix got one, Shadow got one, etc., so why not Silver?

On that thought, Blaze may as well have her own game too, but that's for a different topic.

Edited by Raxz

Rather than it being so hard to find an excuse for him to time travel again, they could just do something much easier and give Silver his own damn game you know.
Problem being, no one would buy it. The series has enough trouble making its major games look legitimate, so a spinoff starring a character who is, for the most part, either disliked or unknown, is going to have even more trouble. Unless it's absolutely brilliant, more than any Sonic game in the last decade...it'd never be viable.

A good portion of the main cast characters have had their own game -- Tails got one, Knuckles and the Chaotix got one, Shadow got one, etc., so why not Silver?
Tails and Knuckles got theirs near the height of the series' popularity, and while they were riding a pretty big popularity wave themselves. Shadow got his before the series had made its worst mistakes (his game being one of them), and his popularity rivaled even Sonic's. Silver's got neither; the series' reputation is still too shaky to experiment with character spinoffs, and he doesn't have the established fanbase that would make it a guaranteed hit.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm just saying sega should give him a chance to star in a better game. Come on, he's a great character who got bad games involving time-travel,a messed up future filled with lava and monsters, when he should have gotten a bright futuristic city like in "Sonic Riders". You know, get involved a little more in the franchise as the awesome character that he really is.

Please, no bashing, if you like the character or think he should be revisited (get a fresh start), please leave you opinion here. =J

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

Agreed with Diogenes. I should've put in my post, "but I don't see it happening, really." Before they give any character their own game, they have to make people like him or her. They can attempt to make people like a character BECAUSE of his or her game, but that's risky, and Sonic Team has been lacking risk lately. Sonic Team's past few games have pretty much reeked of playing it safe. I mean, they've done very few risky things in Sonic 4 or Colors, (Save for the wisps, new writers/voice actors, and "OH MY GOD GREEN EYES!!!!") and even Generations looks like they're playing it safe, as weird as the trailer was. I mean, really. Classic Sonic. Given this pattern I don't expect them to release another different-main-character title or even an extremely-weird-but-fun-idea title like Unleashed for a few more years now.

Edited by Raxz

No. Keep the stories simple, focusing on Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik almost exclusively. Cameos and supporting roles by characters such as Knuckles, Shadow, Metal Sonic, etc aren't completely unwelcome, but keep them brief.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 4

I keep saying they should just make Silver live in the past/present. At this point Silver's era is turning out to be in a constant Zero Sum Game; it can never seem to STAY FIXED, so why not just live where the world ISN'T a giant pool of lava every week and where he actually has a few friends. Hell, in his intro in 06 he says that the world was like that before he was even born, so it's not like he'd be losing anything of value.

I noticed I never answered the actual question.

...Nah. He's alright - I don't hate him, and he has a few things going for him, but I really couldn't care less about him and whatever crisis "his future" is under this time. It just doesn't interest me.

Besides, I'd rather keep Blaze in her Marine/Coconut Crew-infested world.

No.

I love Fleetway Robotnik, but I never liked the fact that he was originally the kind man Kintobor and not his own person, along with Sonic first being a normal brown hedgehog.

And no, I think both Sonic and Robotnik are those kind of characters that are best left a mystery. (I still think SA2 kind of ruined things...) Not all heroes have dramatic or tragic beginnings - Sonic was born, happened to run really fast, and one day decided to make a job out of saving the world. Easy.