Awoo.

Would you like Sega to bring back Silver?

Silver_hedgie

Bring back Silver? Where did he go? Hunter's pretty much said everything I wanted to say here.

Though if Silver ever gets his own game, it should be a side title for the Kinect.

• Thumbs Up 2

Though if Silver ever gets his own game, it should be a side title for the Kinect.

Wow, a Silver game on the Kinect. That's like 40 Sonic 06's. That's as many as 10 quadruple Shadow The Hedgehogs. And that's TERRIBLE.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 4

Rather than it being so hard to find an excuse for him to time travel again, they could just do something much easier and give Silver his own damn game you know. Like people have been saying, futuristic gadgets and powerups could be used to make his gameplay more interesting. A good portion of the main cast characters have had their own game -- Tails got one, Knuckles and the Chaotix got one, Shadow got one, etc., so why not Silver?

On that thought, Blaze may as well have her own game too, but that's for a different topic.

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 9

Why are you people so ignorant? forget what happened in the past games that did or did not involve Silver. Just focus on the charaters! We all know that it took almost took 10 years for SEGA to get it right! Maybe they could still do the same with Silver. :rolleyes:
  • Thumbs Up 2

No. Keep the stories simple, focusing on Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik almost exclusively. Cameos and supporting roles by characters such as Knuckles, Shadow, Metal Sonic, etc aren't completely unwelcome, but keep them brief.

Thank U! Finally, someone else actually understands Silver, but better yet, someone actually read my first comment in this topic.:D

Why are you people so ignorant? forget what happened in the past games that did or did not involve Silver. Just focus on the charaters! We all know that it took almost took 10 years for SEGA to get it right! Maybe they could still do the same with Silver. :rolleyes:

And btw i'm guessing most of u read the "Would you like Sega to bring back Silver?" topic title but didn't even bother reading my aspects of this character.

Thanks a lot so called SONIC FANS!:P

No. Some of us just don't like/indifferent towards Silver, it has nothing to do with his games, he's just....meh, I mean I went out of my way for a good story for him, but I still don't think he's anything special, espcially since we already had a hedgehog debut that looks similar to Sonic.

This ain't the Sega Forums man, people aren't all "ZOMG SILVER'S AWESOME" so don't get mad, because we all don't like him.

No. Keep the stories simple, focusing on Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik almost exclusively. Cameos and supporting roles by characters such as Knuckles, Shadow, Metal Sonic, etc aren't completely unwelcome, but keep them brief.

Tails isn't necessary either. Neither is Eggman, by technicality. We could always just have a rotating villain that's never the same one in every game. It's the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Not the Sonic, Tails and Eggman series.

You're basically implying we should just forget about the incredibly vast, diverse and interesting bunch of characters that the developers have bothered to make over the past 20 years? Oh that's a fantastic idea!

Yeah no. The Sonic the Hedgehog character by himself may have got me into the series in the first place, but I stuck around because the other ones made the series, both from a story and gameplay standpoint, infinitely more interesting.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 9

No. Some of us just don't like/indifferent towards Silver, it has nothing to do with his games, he's just....meh, I mean I went out of my way for a good story for him, but I still don't think he's anything special, espcially since we already had a hedgehog debut that looks similar to Sonic.

This ain't the Sega Forums man, people aren't all "ZOMG SILVER'S AWESOME" so don't get mad, because we all don't like him.

Um, dude? Unlike Shadow, Silver hardly resembles Sonic. >_<;

Petaining to the topic question; Silver really didn't leave in the first place. Unless you mean that Sega should give him another major role, which I agree. I can see them doing a sort of coming-of-age story with him, considering his insecurities. (and yes, I know they already did a coming of age story with Tails, so what?)

Edited by Rynnec

Um, dude? Unlike Shadow, Silver hardly resembles Sonic. >_<;

Just because he doesn't look exactly identical doesn't mean that he's not similar. Hell, two people mistook Silver for Sonic (well, vice-versa in Elise's case) in '06, so they're clearly meant to look at least a little alike.

Amy's just blind as a bat.

I can't wait to see her hump Metal Sonic's leg before she realizes who he is.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just because he doesn't look exactly identical doesn't mean that he's not similar. Hell, two people mistook Silver for Sonic (well, vice-versa in Elise's case) in '06, so they're clearly meant to look at least a little alike.

Well clearly in their little world all hedgehog's look alike at first glance.

Such speciesism.

Edited by Balding Spider

News Flash! Sega Forums hates Silver! And i'm not saying you should like him as i do. But wat i hate about is that sometimes some Sonic Fans want other lesser character to come back when they shouldn't cause they really didn't have an actual and accurate role in any game they were in. All i'm saying is that everyone should at least pay respects to a character that had noting wrong from the beggining. Cause everytime someone mentions him people go "oh no! another 06!", FUCK 06! People Wake Up Already! if you had to make a scale out of how good characters were in games, the one that loses is Sonic cause he had like 5 or more games that were bad while Silver only had 1 (that happened to be his big debut in the franchise) and Sonic doesn't get the same crap as his him! And that is not fair! Not even for Sonic, which i used to love before they cames up with this "We should just ignore a character just because they were in a bad game" and let other characters that had a less significanse in a game but people went "I like the gameplay and all" shouldn't get of that easy! Neither should Sonic!:angry:

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 4

Keep in mind that when Silver said it was like that before he was born that was 200 years after Iblis was released. Without it, it's pretty ambiguous what his life in the future might be. And given that they haven't gone about it in a main game yet, his tragic future has as much of a possibility of turning out as a bustling futuristic metropolis.

And that's the thing, Silver has NEVER been seen in a future that WASN'T a complete wasteland, and all that tells me is that the writers aren't in any hurry to show us.

But this really has nothing to do about what his era may look like, point is, it hasn't and probably will never be really expanded on, since at this point it's little more than a plot device to give Silver an excuse to go back to the past to fix the future for the 17 billionth time, and what I'm saying is to just say screw the future, it's NEVER gonna be fixed, the writers are probably never gonna keep it fixed, and each time he has to go back to the past to stop random civilian # 679820134 from unleashing yet another demonic demigod that will result in total human extinction in the next 200 years, it only drags Silver's already arbitrary backstory through the mud some more and doing nothing to make him more interesting, so just keep him in the present and develop his actual character.

Plus, I don't know how much more futuristic Silver's time period can get after Metal City.

Edited by Black Spy

And that's the thing, Silver has NEVER been seen in a future that WASN'T a complete wasteland, and all that tells me is that the writers aren't in any hurry to show us.

But this really has nothing to do about what his era may look like, point is, it hasn't and probably will never be really expanded on, since at this point it's little more than a plot device to give Silver an excuse to go back to the past to fix the future for the 17 billionth time, and what I'm saying is to just say screw the future, it's NEVER gonna be fixed, the writers are probably never gonna keep it fixed, and each time he has to go back to the past to stop random civilian # 679820134 from unleashing yet another demonic demigod that will result in total human extinction in the next 200 years, it only drags Silver's already arbitrary backstory through the mud some more and doing nothing to make him more interesting, so just keep him in the present and develop his actual character.

Plus, I don't know how much more futuristic Silver's time period can get after Metal City.

Actually, there is way. like you said, Silver could be frome the present and could be like chosen by a futuristic alliance to bring peace to the future and restore balance back. He could be very similar to "green lantern" who was the first human to be chosen to become a Lantern and also gained mind power similar to Silver's ESP, or "super boy" who was chosen by the Legion of Heroes to help them restore balace in the future. It could work, but there's just something about it that doesn't feel like something you'd expect from Silver.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

Wow, a Silver game on the Kinect. That's like 40 Sonic 06's. That's as many as 10 quadruple Shadow The Hedgehogs. And that's TERRIBLE.

I can already tell you're not thinking outside of the box enough. Blast the Kinect's god awful rep! I must be the only one who actually likes it :/

EDIT: And let me add this here:

News Flash! Sega Forums hates Silver! And i'm not saying you should like him as i do. But wat i hate about is that sometimes some Sonic Fans want other lesser character to come back when they shouldn't cause they really didn't have an actual and accurate role in any game they were in.

Oh hey look at this. Ahem. I probably have more experience with this than anyone. Most of the time, the reason people want *insert character here back* is because they had a crap role and could be expanded into something great. Mighty and Ray are good examples, as well as Metal God Damn KnucklesTM. I know one of the big reasons I want MK back is the sheer potential he has. He could really be something great. He could also be something really crappy (like Charmy), but that's part of the fun.

All i'm saying is that everyone should at least pay respects to a character that had noting wrong from the beggining.

I'm as big of a Silver fan as anyone, but even I have to say that this statement is extremely subjective.

Edited by Aquaslash

With great respect, Silver_hedgie, you're falling into an age-old internet forum discussion trap.

You adore Silver. That's awesome. I adore that you adore Silver, specifically because he's one of my all-time favourite characters as well. I think he's a noble soul and a true hero. He was one of the rare examples of a character exploring the morality of fighting, and the deeper implications of taking a life (against the usual sarcasm and flippancy of Sonic as he incinerates Dr. Eggman inside yet another giant machine). I also hugely agree with you, in that he's got a truckload of story mileage left, and as a fanboy I would totally melt if Silver were made a star of a future SEGA videogame.

But just as I love Silver, I understand and respect that some could dislike him. Demanding that everybody "pay respects" to Silver's character (and other comments, like that people "shouldn't" want lesser characters to make a return in place of Silver) is coming over incredibly strong, and ignorant of the diverse viewpoints that make up the franchise fanbase. If we all liked exactly the same things, life would be insanely boring. I know that you're defensive of Silver. I am, too. But there's a huge difference between being defensive, and just being (I'm sorry to say) a little rude.

In creating this topic, you asked a simple question: "Would you like SEGA to bring back Silver?" Everybody is answering with their own personal opinion. Some, like myself, have answered in the positive... but, as with all questions, some are also answering in the negative, and trying to explain their reasons.

Please be fair, please be reasonable and please let them do so, without trying to force your opinion on others. :)

I mean absolutely no offence with any of this, Silver_hedgie, and would really enjoy a great, balanced debate on the subject of Silver's character. It sounds like we'd end up in agreement on a lot of points, after all!

• Thumbs Up 6

I can already tell you're not thinking outside of the box enough. Blast the Kinect's god awful rep! I must be the only one who actually likes it :/

Not really Aquaslash, I like the Kinect myself, I enjoy playing Sonic Free Riders on it :)

Edited by Scott

But just as I love Silver, I understand and respect that some could dislike him. Demanding that everybody "pay respects" to Silver's character (and other comments, like that people "shouldn't" want lesser characters to make a return in place of Silver) is coming over incredibly strong, and ignorant of the diverse viewpoints that make up the franchise fanbase. If we all liked exactly the same things, life would be insanely boring. I know that you're defensive of Silver. I am, too. But there's a huge difference between being defensive, and just being (I'm sorry to say) a little rude.

Rude! Me? how was i being rude?

If anyone was being rude here, it's those people that keep saying "no thanks, Silver should just be forgotten and never to return in another Sonic game cause of how bad he was in 06" now that is just rude. And i just wanna point out that Silver wasn't the only one in that game that sucked (and by sucked i mean the role they gave him, not the character), was Sonic, his role was much more terrible then Silver's. At least Silver tried being heroic, rather then just make out with a homo-sapien, like a certain blue hedgehog did.

In creating this topic, you asked a simple question: "Would you like SEGA to bring back Silver?" Everybody is answering with their own personal opinion. Some, like myself, have answered in the positive... but, as with all questions, some are also answering in the negative, and trying to explain their reasons.

Please be fair, please be reasonable and please let them do so, without trying to force your opinion on others. :)

Yes i did ask that, but that was just the headline of the topic. Everyone should have read my ideas and given their opinions from them, not the damn 06 game. Yes i'm not a retard, i know a bad game when i see one. But my main focus here is not the game, it's the character himself. At first, i didn't like him cause i just didn't understand him well. But then, in the end of his tragic story, i kinda felt bad that this was how the writers handled this character. I see Silver as very quirky heroic lucky guy, not some character who end's up alone in a dying world in flames. That is just so cruel. I know the game is not officially canon, but Silver's story is even worse then Shadow's (not that i don't like Shadow, but i liked him better when he was very mysterious).

You adore Silver. That's awesome. I adore that you adore Silver, specifically because he's one of my all-time favourite characters as well. I think he's a noble soul and a true hero. He was one of the rare examples of a character exploring the morality of fighting, and the deeper implications of taking a life (against the usual sarcasm and flippancy of Sonic as he incinerates Dr. Eggman inside yet another giant machine). I also hugely agree with you, in that he's got a truckload of story mileage left, and as a fanboy I would totally melt if Silver were made a star of a future SEGA videogame.

First of all; Thank u! i love knowing that i'm not the only one who actually cares for this guy.:D

Second; i wouldn't mine seeing him in another Sonic title with a minor role or a "stand alone" game, but only if they get rid of the "horrible future" backstory. I just know they can come up with something better, but not with all the negativity that has been going on about Silver, lately. :angry:

For those who are actually reading and supporting this topic, i give you all a very warm and solid Thank u! :lol:

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 3

News Flash! Sega Forums hates Silver! And i'm not saying you should like him as i do. But wat i hate about is that sometimes some Sonic Fans want other lesser character to come back when they shouldn't cause they really didn't have an actual and accurate role in any game they were in. All i'm saying is that everyone should at least pay respects to a character that had noting wrong from the beggining. Cause everytime someone mentions him people go "oh no! another 06!", FUCK 06! People Wake Up Already! if you had to make a scale out of how good characters were in games, the one that loses is Sonic cause he had like 5 or more games that were bad while Silver only had 1 (that happened to be his big debut in the franchise) and Sonic doesn't get the same crap as his him! And that is not fair! Not even for Sonic, which i used to love before they cames up with this "We should just ignore a character just because they were in a bad game" and let other characters that had a less significanse in a game but people went "I like the gameplay and all" shouldn't get of that easy! Neither should Sonic!:angry:

We just find him as an uninteresting character. He's something you'd expect out of a fanfic from a 10 year old. He just doesn't have space especially for the direction SEGA is taking Sonic. I find nothing remotely interesting about him. I'm sorry.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

Hehehe Alright! Dr. Crusher is on a roll! ;)

Atleast he lives up to his display name :lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

The fact that you PM'd Dr. Crusher just to make a personal attack just makes you look butthurt and cowardly, silver-hedgie.

Don't make this any hard on yourself. I can understand that you're new and trying to fit in, but you're fucking up big time by not understanding that not everbody is not going to share your opinion.

• Thumbs Up 3