Awoo.

Would you like Sega to bring back Silver?

Silver_hedgie

AWESOME! 150 replies already in 3 days. Most of them were positive.

We should celebrate Silver's return!

Silver: A Satisfactory Result! :D

Are you happy now?

Are you happy now?

Silver: NOTHING CAN STOP ME!

WA-WA-WA-WINNING!:lol:

Edited by Silver_hedgie

I'll add my post to the side of the scales)). I like Silver. He's one of my favorite characters. I like his appearance, I like his attitude, his abilities. He was just awesome in 06 though a bit annoying at times. I DO want to see him involved in some story of a main game again.

Damn you, Sonic-only shit!

But...you were complaining earlier how most replies were negative :huh:

And if I haven't already said my opinion, here it is:

I like Silver, he gave me a new experience in the Sonic franchise, more specifically in Sonic 06, those telekinesis powers were fun to take down the mechs with, his character was somewhat alright, but hearing the same thing from him again and again during gameplay was annoying <_< and in my experience, trying to S rank everything with Silver was just awful :( but I eventually did it B)

I found Silver to be the easiest to earn all S ranks with, but maybe that's just me.

In any case, I really like him and appreciate every appearance he makes. To me, he's alot like Big. There's nothing terribly wrong with him and there's alot to like, but the people who don't like him aren't going to change their minds any time soon.

Interestingly, neither Silver or Big have made a playable appearance in the same game.

Also, if Silver were to be used in a story again, since he's been characterized as a bit of a jerk in later games and Sega's been going for a more comic approach, I think it'd be funny if Sonic and co. commented on his frivolous use of time travel to aid in situations where he's not actually needed (maybe involve a time paradox involving two Silvers). I mean, he's one of my favorite characters and all, but he kind of sets himself up to be sort of a punching bag for the other characters (disregarding how powerful he is) and would be perfect for that sort of Family Guy, "everybody hates Meg" role.

Edited by Super Choop

No need to pull out the fireworks. It's good that others like Silver, but as others have said, he never left. No more than other characters anyway.

And don't steal my lines. Or Mr. Sheen's.

• Thumbs Up 2

The thing about Big is he's not powerful and he never does anything useful. Even Cheese fits the first criteria. This means Big is more useless than Cheese. Granted, in Heroes he got a wrecking ball, but that's because he was being scaled up to fit the team just like most of the characters in that game. I swear, Amy, Knuckles, Vector, and Espio were the only characters in Heroes that weren't either nerfed or brought up to scale, they actually felt about right, but everyone else was either made weak enough they needed the team or made strong enough to fit the team. Amy/Knuckles/Vector/Espio just happened to already be about that good.

And besides, Big isn't a fucking gamebreaker like Cheese is. If anything, he made Team Rose WORSE because it was hard to see where I was going through his fat ass.

That's what's "terribly wrong" with Big I'm sad to say, he's just not that useful, not in a gameplay sense, and certainly not in a story sense. On the other hand Silver fulfills both of these things.

Edited by Raxz

If you remember Sonic Adventure, Big was able to lift cars and giant boulders. I haven't played Chronicles, but according to my brother he's pretty tough in that too. So I'd say his appearance in Heroes wasn't too exaggerated (though they really need to bring back that badass rod/umbrella).

I'm not overly critical of any of the characters that appear within the games anyway. In any case, I'm not going to get into a debate over Big's worth since it's not relevant to the original topic and, as I said, I doubt your opinion on the character is going to change any time soon.

No need to pull out the fireworks. It's good that others like Silver, but as others have said, he never left. No more than other characters anyway.

And don't steal my lines. Or Mr. Sheen's.

Even tho the Topic's headline title doesn't state it, by "bringing back Silver" i actually ment in another actual canon console game. Not like Olympic's or Colors on the DS. And as for Rivals, i wouldn't recommend SEGA to put him in another competative fighting game, it just makes him look so dull.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

Even tho the Topic's headline title doesn't state it, by "bringing back Silver" i actually ment in another actual canon console game. Not like Olympic's or Colors on the DS. And as of Rivals, i wouldn't recommend SEGA to put him in another competative fighting game, it just makes him look so dull.

Even tho the Topic's headline title doesn't state it, by "bringing back Silver" i actually ment in another actual canon console game. Not like Olympic's or Colors on the DS. And as for Rivals, i wouldn't recommend SEGA to put him in another competative fighting game, it just makes him look so dull.

Your only half right, as Rivals is a competative Racing game, sure the 2nd one had battles but majority of the game is racing, therefore it's not a fighting game B)

Your only half right, as Rivals is a competative Racing game, sure the 2nd one had battles but majority of the game is racing, therefore it's not a fighting game B)

by competative i actually meant racing each other. Thanks for pointing that out. (even tho it wasn't necesary)

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The thing about Big is he's not powerful and he never does anything useful.

The guy can smash robots with a fucking fishing pole!

You know what kind of power it takes to do that without breaking the pole? And he can lift cars, fly a plane...honestly, the only reason he doesn't do anything useful is because Sonic Team never give him anything useful. But of all characters, the same can be said for Knuckles and Shadow as of late. Powerful but not currently doing anything useful.

I do like Silver, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him show up in another main-series canon plot. That said, I still think it's fairly unlikely to happen.

Even if you disregard the fact that Sonic 06 bombed both critically and commercially, there's still the fact that Silver (and to a lesser extent, Blaze) are very difficult characters to bring into a main plot. Being from a different time or world makes them very plot-specific, and it's hard to incorporate them into a game unless the plot already touches on these areas.

I mean, Silver's recent cameos have basically been "HEY GUYS I HEARD SOMETHING INTERESTING WAS HAPPENING SO I TORE APART THE SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM JUST TO CHECK IT OUT 8D".

• Thumbs Up 2

I do like Silver, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him show up in another main-series canon plot. That said, I still think it's fairly unlikely to happen.

Even if you disregard the fact that Sonic 06 bombed both critically and commercially, there's still the fact that Silver (and to a lesser extent, Blaze) are very difficult characters to bring into a main plot. Being from a different time or world makes them very plot-specific, and it's hard to incorporate them into a game unless the plot already touches on these areas.

I mean, Silver's recent cameos have basically been "HEY GUYS I HEARD SOMETHING INTERESTING WAS HAPPENING SO I TORE APART THE SPACE-TIME CONTINUUM JUST TO CHECK IT OUT 8D".

Yeah, i think Blaze also did that in Color's DS. It's a shame the can't think of something that actually suits the character's role in a game. But they could like say Silver uses the time stones(in comics) to go through time or by using some kind of divice that can actually warp him into a specific time.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

While Sega's recent "Sonic only" policy has pushed everyone except Sonic himself, Tails and Eggman into the background, i suspect that besides those characters, Silver probably ranks only after Knuckles, Amy, Shadow and possibly Blaze when into comes to having a chance of showing up in a prominent role again. While that might not sound very impressive, you Silver fans should just think about how hard it must be for fans of really secondary characters in these "Sonic only" days. Like Omega or Charmy or something. I mean, what are the chances that those guys will show up in a major playable role in the nearest years?

(Of topic but, speaking of Charmy, have you guys ever realized that after he showed up in Shadow the Hedgehog, it took half a decade before his next speaking role, which was in Sonic Colors DS?).

While Sega's recent "Sonic only" policy has pushed everyone except Sonic himself, Tails and Eggman into the background, i suspect that besides those characters, Silver probably ranks only after Knuckles, Amy, Shadow and possibly Blaze when into comes to having a chance of showing up in a prominent role again. While that might not sound very impressive, you Silver fans should just think about how hard it must be for fans of really secondary characters in these "Sonic only" days. Like Omega or Charmy or something. I mean, what are the chances that those guys will show up in a major playable role in the nearest years?

(Of topic but, speaking of Charmy, have you guys ever realized that after he showed up in Shadow the Hedgehog, it took half a decade before his next speaking role, which was in Sonic Colors DS?).

Well if you count Sonic X...

It just goes to show how far Charmy is on the pecking order.

Matter of fact if I had to make a pecking order for character appearances I think it would go:

1. Sonic

2. Eggman

3. Tails

4. Amy

5. Knuckles/Shadow

6. Silver/Blaze/Rouge

7. Cream/Omega

8. Espio/Vector

9. Charmy

10. The Babylon Rogues.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You serious Turbo? You just NOW realized this after how long? And it was broadcasted all over the Member Association topic by whomever had something to say about her.

Well Silver has now become one of those characters that SEGA will only put in spinoff games which sucks cause he was pretty damn great. But hopefully Sonic Generations will bring him back but for now they leave us with our fingers crossing.

Now you are going to tell me that Roarey is a guy, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Silver_hedgie - You're not a moderator, so it's not your place to tell folks to get back on topic, especially if that's all you're going to say in a post.

I, however, am a mod, so... back on track, all (; No more one-line posts please (as fascinating as my apparently shifting gender may be)...

Silver_hedgie - You're not a moderator, so it's not your place to tell folks to get back on topic, especially if that's all you're going to say in a post.

I, however, am a mod, so... back on track, all (; No more one-line posts please (as fascinating as my apparently shifting gender may be)...

sorry, didn't now that till just now.

Edited by Silver_hedgie

Sega should only even begin considering reinstating Silver's status as a mainstream recurring character if they can pull off the implementation of his telekinetic powers in a gameplay style that works and is fun; Sonic '06, despite being - and it's probably relatively needless to say this - one of the single buggiest and most undeniably unfinished games that the franchise has ever managed to produce, used Silver's powers and abilities to create an actually quite enjoyable platforming experience and remains the best (and probably) example of his telekinesis done right. If Sega were to repeat this general gameplay style and shave off the unforgettably dire '06 glitches, then a return from Silver would only be a good thing.

But until then, I'd recommend them leaving him well alone; for a good example of a once-great Sonic character who was overused to the point of plotline/gameplay redundancy, see Shadow - I'm sure that most of us would have been far happier had he been allowed to stay deceased at the end of Sonic Adventure 2 rather than dredged up prematurely for the total abomination that was Heroes...

I don't think Silver should come back except if it is in the form of a multiplayer only character, or some sort of bonus level. Don't get me wrong, I love Silver, and would love to see him in more games. But I don't want a confusing plot that ends with none of the characters remembering anything that happened.

What would really be cool is either an HD port or remake of Sonic the Fighters.

But I don't want a confusing plot that ends with none of the characters remembering anything that happened.

Bringing Silver into the plot isn't an automatic "Confusing plot with everyone forgetting in the end."

I'm sure that most of us would have been far happier had he been allowed to stay deceased at the end of Sonic Adventure 2 rather than dredged up prematurely for the total abomination that was Heroes...

"Most of us?" How do you know what "most" people would've wanted for him? A lot would, but "a lot" doesn't mean "most."

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic