Awoo.

Would you like Sega to bring back Silver?

Silver_hedgie

Doesn't really matter since the 'potleaf' thing is still associated with Silver.

If your talking about his first game, then yes it doesn't cause beside him Sonic looked way uglier after the first cutscean he appeared in. I'm just glad Silver looks like a cartoon now then a series character like he did before his "Rivals" redesign.:D

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 2

He hardly went a through redesign if none at all. :mellow:

My point was that no matter what game he appears in, some people will always associate him with having a potleaf.

Edited by DragonSoul
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I can't even tell the difference.

Edit: His side-quills are slightly lower? Really? That's barely anything.

Edited by Raxz

Redesign?

What redesign?

Look closely my friend ;)

Sonic 06

silver-1.png

Sonic Rivals

Silver02.png

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Preciesly my point.

There's hardly a difference between the two.

Silver's design from 06' is probably the closest to his overall design while Sonic and the other characters's stretched-out limbs makes the difference from their current looks more apparent.

Look closely my friend ;)

Sonic 06

*pic*

Sonic Rivals

*pic*

Both those games was release in the same year yet both of those renders look the same to me he just looks a tad taller in the Sonic 2006 render since everyone in that game was on growing pills :P

Edited by Shaddix_Croft

Silver, as well as most of the modern cast, border on Star Fox territory because their designs are much more detailed in comparison to earlier characters such as Tails, Knuckles or Fang. The classic cast resembled Felix the Cat characters whereas the modern cast look almost like Star Fox characters. This is not necessarily a bad thing since the Sonic universe went through a huge visual shift to accommodate the modern cast anyway. I just think it would be interesting if Silver and the other modern characters were given classic designs to look more in place with the classic cast. Basically what happened to Amy in Sonic Adventure, but in reverse.

No they do not, and I think you should pay attention to what Sega Dog Tagz previously said about this because what you said is a blatant exaggeration. They're still within Sonic Territory because their body types are still recognizable as Sonic Characters to everyone and not anything else. Even fan Characters that get 10 times more detail than them are still recognized within that range, despite the whole...yeah, not going to get into that part.

But just because they add unique details to characters does not make that huge a shift to the point that they look out of place. Especially to the extent that you're making with them bordering on Star Fox Territory. Not trying to be rude, but that's just a ridiculous claim to make.

Starfox characters are akin to taking a human and replacing the head with that of an animal and adding a tail. Sonic characters are far more simple than that and have mostly followed the same design rules on a base level, that being a round head, a torso, skinny legs and arms, and large hands and feet, since day one. It's after they get the base do they add whatever detail they see towards adding for the character, but even then detailed characters like Silver and that of the modern cast still follow that same rule. The only changes between the Classic Base and the Modern Base is that of proportions and eye color, and even those proportions are still within the realm of being identified as Sonic characters than that of Star Fox's.

This

Star-fox-2-20040819011845350.jpg

or this

Starwolfteam.jpg

are LEAGUES different from this

silver-blaze-amy-sonic-characters-2572844-800-6001.jpg

or this

TeamDark!.jpg

Almost to the point of being incomparible. And we can be as picky as possible if you want to take that route.

I know you're saying that we shouldn't have so much detail, and I can agree to a certain extent. But you'd have to outright change the base to something entirely different before a comparison like that could be valid.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 4

If that's the case then I guess Sonic in SA2 onward was a redesign of SA1 since his quills were slightly less curly.

You've already said that like 10 times in the previous posts. And yet, no one here actually cares.:lol:

speak for yourself <_<

Edited by Scott

215 replies! who ever said "it's no use!"? :lol:

silver_the_hedgehog_by_harmeetthespeedhog-d32yz5v.gif"NOTHING CAN STOP ME!"

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 5

silver_sprite_by_liv2ride.gif"Hey guys, don't give up on me! ~ JUST KEEP SUPPORTING! ~ There's still hope for MY RETURN!" ;)

__out_of_my_way___by_anthonyiam-d3dsr9y.png

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 1

silver_sprite_by_liv2ride.gif"Hey guys, don't give up on me! ~ JUST KEEP SUPPORTING! ~ There's still hope for MY RETURN!" ;)

__out_of_my_way___by_anthonyiam-d3dsr9y.png

• Thumbs Up 2

You... don't have to keep ramming it down our throats you know. Like I said, that kind of nature will only cause backlash.

And that Silver-hijack recieves my utmost disdain.

Edited by Silver_hedgie
  • Bad Quality Post 8

Like i said before, i don't care about all of "your" negative comments. If you hate Silver so much, by all means, start a topic about it. At least, there, you'll get as many responces from people as negative as you.

I am always positive when it comes to the things i love!

and i'm not going to stop now just cause some random negative person tells me to!

• Thumbs Up 3

......ya know its comments like this that make me hate Silver so much more, so you're accomplishing the opposite.

Like i said before, i don't care about all of "your" negative comments. If you hate Silver so much, by all means, start a topic about it. At least, there, you'll get as many responces from people as negative as you.

I am always positive when it comes to the things i love!

and i'm not going to stop now just cause some random negative person tells me to!

• Thumbs Up 7

What's causing problems is the adversarial way you're addressing people who don't agree with your sentiment and your outlandish replies along with it.

Anytime your posts have been called out, you reply back accusing all of us of being negative nancies and trolls (if you want to accuse someone of trolling, do it via REPORT and let the mods handle it). I love Silver as a character and completely support a return of him to the main games. But your comments have garnered a very negative light on all of us Silver fans, and you've literally been attacking those who don't support you left and right. Critique opinions you disagree however you want, but critique with logic and common sense. Your posts have constantly derailed this topic to where you were warned by a usually lenient moderator. Because of your posts, you've come very close to devaluing this thread. Your posts have been neg-repped because you've constantly derailed this thread with your anger.

For the sake of this board and us Silver fans, calm down and THINK before you post! The last thing you want is to upset the mods, have this topic locked, and get strikes thrown at you.

I butt heads with Dark Qiviut a lot, but this time, I have to agree with him. You're giving all of us Silver fans a bad name. Just take a chill pill for a while. I'm surprised you haven't been banned TBH. You'd have certainly been gone from Retro by now XD

I can say that with confidence because I would likely be the one to do it =P

• Thumbs Up 5