Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

>Bowser or Eggman on a horse

FUCK GENERATIONS! GOTY 2011 CONFIRMED :lol:

I don't think that Eggman would, but Bowser (over 9000kg?) and Vector (200kg) would leave the horses with a serious back-ache

No matter what, this game is clearly going to outsell Generations just like the other two Olympic Games have outsold the main titles. (At least, that's what I think. Are there any figures out there people may have?) So whatever, I'm not going to get this game either way but I guess I can take an interest in it and follow it. Will they finally make Rouge a playable character?

STOP!!! STOP EVERYTHING! STOP THE TOPIC!

*Comes running over*

I have an opinion!

Rest of the forum: Oh dear god...

I bet by the "Riding" sport they mean Horse Riding, since it's a popular sport/hobby here in the UK. I can't wait to see our first glimpse of the Mario & Sonic characters riding horses :lol:

Robotnik? On a horse? COOL!

Also FOOTBALL confirmed... Not Soccer. Does this mean we'll now see Sonic score a crucial goal in extra time before walking upto the camera and saying F**K you and being issued with a 2 match ban?

also...

revolutionary watch 3D images without glasses

2znwunt.jpg

3D... Without glasses?

shes-a-witch.jpg

WITCH!

I have only been told this information twelvety billion times since E3 last year.

Anyway, since generations right now looks twelvety two times more epic, h

Actually... I know what I want. I want this game to have a Boris Johnson mode. Because then we might see the Sonic characters doing the events that Boris Johnson wanted!

at around 2:20.

I want the Pankration in this game!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

STOP!!! STOP EVERYTHING! STOP THE TOPIC!

*Comes running over*

I have an opinion!

Rest of the forum: Oh dear god...

I'm sorry, that alone just made me lol out loud.

Oh great, I've got to grab a 3DS too now. e.e

Also FIFTY events? My good golly gosh. As a point of reference, here's the numbers for the past four titles.

M&S1Wii - 24 (20 Olympic, 4 Dream)

M&S1DS - 24 (16 Olympic, 8 Dream)

M&S2Wii - 32 (16 Olympic, 16 Dream)

M&S2DS - 27 (15 Olympic, 12 Dream)

And that's even including the individual and team versions as separate events! So... this game will have more than 50? For real? Awesome. But how are they going to fit all that one one disc/cartridge? And this is assuming that they include the Adventure Tours, shopping extras, Party Mode, as well as all the other bonus goodies from the first two titles... that's a lot of stuff. I still haven't 100% completed either version of Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics yet!

This has the potential to be even better than the first two! Eeeee so excited.

Edited by HunterTSF

I cannot find the words to express the depth of my apathy.

Seriously, they couldn't get me to buy the first game, or the second, and I'm completely baffled that they apparently sold enough to justify a third. I mean...why in the world would anyone ever need or want 3 (or 6, counting handheld versions, I guess?) different "Mario and Sonic at the Olympics" games?

Also still vaguely pissed that they're wasting time with these instead of making a Mario and Sonic platformer

Seriously, they couldn't get me to buy the first game, or the second, and I'm completely baffled that they apparently sold enough to justify a third.

I remember a Sega rep telling a reporter that the Holiday sales title would come down to a race between Modern Warfare 2, M&S Vancover and some other tittle (Assassins Creed I think).

He was dead serious too.

Even if it did fall short of that mark, that should give you an idea of how much money these games rake in.

Even if it did fall short of that mark, that should give you an idea of how much money these games rake in.

Isn't there a bit of an urban legend that Nintendo actually banned adverts/bundles of the original game as it was at one point more popular than Super Mario Galaxy?

Isn't there a bit of an urban legend that Nintendo actually banned adverts/bundles of the original game as it was at one point more popular than Super Mario Galaxy?

If this is indeed truye, then I'd have absolutely nooooo idea why 3rd party aren't flocking to Nintendo more often.

/end sarcasm.

Oh goodie, another Mario and Sonic Olympic game. This is the sound of me not caring...

I guess this is number 2 of the "3 big titles for 2012".

And I'm waiting for Mario & Sonic at the Russia 2014 Olympic Games: Bears win! :3

Maybe even buy a Wii because of it, but now I do not see the point.

You know, I actually wanted to buy the Winter Olympics game at one time. The whole thing just looked miles better than the original, and the hype about it on SSMB was insane at the time. But wouldn't you know it-- I couldn't find a copy to lay a few bills down on. Seriously, every store was cleaned out by the time I had some disposable income and felt a bit of a gaming drought coming on, so no wintry mini-game madness for me. =( Regardless, I'm interested in seeing the kind of presentation work they've put into this one, especially with the whole "50 mini-games" angle. I'm also wondering how returning sports will differ or if they'll even differ at all.

On the sales talk, realize that all four Mario & Sonic games (Wii & DS of both games) as a total have sold about 20 million copies. I don't know the exact specifics but I do know the original for Wii sold a little more than 7 million alone.

Sister bought the first one, a friend gifted me the second one... I haven't bought one and don't plan to unless they either add online play or do something to really capture my interest. Judging on the past someone is going to buy the game for me anyway though, so guess I'll end up playing it sometime.

Edited by Dusk Golem

Here's hoping for Rhythmic Gymnastics!

But seriously I hope that the "riding" mentioned doesn't refer to Horseriding because that would just be ..... weird. Like Sonic riding a horse? I can't picture it. Plus it would shatter my perception of how non anthro animals work in the Sonic universe.

Here's hoping for Rhythmic Gymnastics!

But seriously I hope that the "riding" mentioned doesn't refer to Horseriding because that would just be ..... weird. Like Sonic riding a horse? I can't picture it. Plus it would shatter my perception of how non anthro animals work in the Sonic universe.

Maybe they are all riding Yoshies in the Dream Event. Or Karts.

A Yoshi riding a Yoshi - and it isn't even Saturday, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

A Yoshi riding a Yoshi - and it isn't even Saturday, too.

This is the Olympics man. Keep it PG.

lol sex joke

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it may be no Sonic Generations, but as a Wii/3DS-only owner this is sounding reasonable enough. I'm not saying I would particularly want another Olympics game given the choice, but it at least is sounding substantial enough to warrant another purchase.

Glad to see that football is being included (and it is "football", not "soccer" - these Olympics are held in our country so you wrong-sayers are going to play by our rules this time!). As much as I loved Mario Smash Football and Mario Strikers Charged Football (and not just for the sex-ified Princess Peach), I'd like to see Mario and co in a more traditional football game without too much of the over-the-top wackiness. And let's face it, a Sonic football game would be awesome too... or maybe I'm just saying that because I never got to play that Virtua Striker 3 game where Sonic made a cameo appearance and this feels like my way of remedying that fact.

But anyway, so far so good.

My personal wants for this game:

- Rosalina

- Adventure Tours/Story Mode in both versions

- plenty of references to the fact that this is the London 2012 Olympics (it's in the title, after all!)

- more Dream Events so it feels more like a Mario & Sonic game and less like an Olympics game

- umm... did I mention Rosalina?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yay, I knew this was close to appearing, so I'm excited now!

As for who I could conceivably desire as a new playable character for the London shenanigans of the olympics...maybe Big?

Also yeah, extended gameplay modes are a good thing in my book.

I'd LOVE to see Shade or/and Tikal playable!

I'd be also glad to see some of Babylon rouges and Omega.

P.S. Yeah, I wouldn't mind to see Espio as well xD.

Edited by ArtFenix

Espio and Toad! Having my favorite Sonic character and my favorite Mario character team up would be so awesome.

I bet by the "Riding" sport they mean Horse Riding, since it's a popular sport/hobby here in the UK. I can't wait to see our first glimpse of the Mario & Sonic characters riding horses :lol:

Weeeeell, actually after We Dare, SEGA wants to try to go for that crowd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Football is in this game ?? YAY Day 1 buy for that alone =D Always wanted to play Footy as Eggman or Sonic XDD.

Edited by Shaddix_Croft

When are we going to have a separate forum for this game?

Probably better to wait for the proper unveiling by SEGA, which I expect will be very soon, as they'll probably have a trailer and/or screenshots to warrant more discussion. You could always query it by pm'ing an SSMB Staff member, if you feel we could use one now.

I have a better question: when are we gonna get some official information from Sega with some screenshots and CG trailer [maybe with some gameplay]?

Ah, you were faster Shatzter. xD

Edited by ArtFenix