Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

I have a better question: when are we gonna get some official information from Sega with some screenshots and CG trailer [maybe with some gameplay]?

Ah, you were faster Shatzter. xD

They'll likely officially announce it later this afternoon around 4 or 5pm GMT like they usually do. I expect they'll announce it today, since the press release is ready in the hands of the press. Zing just obviously published it earlier than they were supposed to. Trailer wise, I don't expect anything more than a CG trailer like with past M&S announcements. Screenshots, we'll probably get just a few to tease us like in the past.

Yeah, I think they will likely announce it later today. And as for CG trailers.. I don't know about you guys, but I freaking LOVE Sonic CG stuff [and in other games too]! So I'm all for a CG trailer and then gameplay trailer. I just wish they wouldn't release a teaser, but an actual trailer.

I don't think they'll give us a gameplay trailer. When the Winter one was the upcoming game, we didn't see gameplay in motion until July, and that was it being filmed at a convention by an unauthorised partaker (which inadvertantly led to me verifying Bowser Jr's presence in the game since his emblem was on a flag. I can see why they did a gameplay embargo, now...).

Football? Oh, Mario knows how to play that. With Fire I might add.

Happy to see another one, though I'm looking forward to see Sega wor hard to make it differ from the 2008 Olympics. We must see some remixes like the last one! (It had Radical Highway, Egg Factory, Seaside Hill and many others making this gentleman very pleased.)

IGN's opened their game pages up now and they have the release date down as TBA 2012. They have multiplayer down as 4 player versus for both platforms, with the 3DS version apparently requiring multiple game cards. No mention of single-card download play.

3DS:

http://uk.ds.ign.com/objects/106/106670.html

Wii:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/objects/106/106669.html

There's no other details there at the moment.

Announce:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LONDON’s CALLING MARIO & SONIC!

The gold medal winning team is brought together again for the London 2012 Olympic Games

TOKYO (April 21, 2011) – SEGA® Corporation and Nintendo Co., Ltd. today announced that the record breaking partnership of Mario™ and Sonic™ will once again join forces on the Wii™ home video game system and, for the first time ever, on the Nintendo 3DS™ . Over 19 million people worldwide have bought video games from the Mario and Sonic series, and now the much loved duo are heading to London to participate in the officially licensed Olympic-themed video game, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™.

A host of exciting new headline events, including football and equestrian will debut on the Wii version appearing alongside classic Olympic disciplines, such as athletics, aquatics and table tennis. These new sports are sure to ignite even more fierce competition between friends and family in both single and multiplayer modes! The all new roster of Dream events that are set in popular Mario and Sonic worlds make for a truly unique sporting experience that can only be found in Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™.

Arriving on Nintendo’s new handheld system for the first time ever Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ contains over 50 original Olympic themed events playable in both single and multiplayer modes. Bringing a whole new dimension to the Mario & Sonic universe, the glasses-free 3D visuals and the unique control systems mean there are plenty of new and exciting ways to compete for a coveted gold medal!

As with its predecessors, Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ for the Wii and Nintendo 3DS is being developed by SEGA Japan and is published by SEGA® across Europe and North America, and by Nintendo in the Japanese market. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ is licensed through a worldwide partnership with International Sports Multimedia (ISM), the exclusive interactive entertainment software licensee of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

“Mario and Sonic have had a phenomenally successful partnership and we are extremely proud to be able to recreate this once again with Nintendo and ISM for the London 2012 Olympic Games” commented Naoya Tsurumi, Chairman for SEGA of America and SEGA Europe. “It is truly exciting to be in the position to develop interactive entertainment software titles based on the Olympic Games, and for Sonic and Mario to once again be a part of this historic event.”

“The London 2012 Olympic Games will be a sporting showcase that will embrace the world and we are delighted to have Mario and Sonic competing once again, this time in the largest number of Olympic sports ever” says Raymond Goldsmith, Chairman & CEO of ISM.

"These games bring together two of the most beloved characters in the history of the video game industry in Mario and Sonic," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "As veterans of both video games and Olympic games, they'll arrive in London as a formidable team to provide fun, competitive sporting activities that friends and family members can enjoy together."

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ will be available on the Wii™ home video game system and the Nintendo 3DS™. A launch date will be announced later in the year.

For more information about the game, please visit www.sega.com or www.olympicvideogames.com.

For any assets, please visit the SEGA press site at www.sega-press.com.

About SEGA Corporation:

SEGA®Corporation is a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home, encompassing consumer business, amusement machine sales and amusement center operations. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA® Corporation's Web site is located at http://sega.jp.

About Nintendo:

The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ and Nintendo DS™ systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.8 billion video games and more than 480 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii and Nintendo DS, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company’s Web site at www.nintendo.com.

About ISM:

ISM is active in managing and developing entertainment software applications. In addition to the exclusive rights ownership of the Olympic Games, ISM is one of the world's leading providers of sports fantasy games, particularly specializing in the football/soccer sector. Visit the company's website at www.ismltd.com

TM IOC/USOC 36USC220506. Copyright © 2011 International Olympic Committee ("IOC"). All rights reserved. This video game is the property of the IOC and may not be copied, republished, stored in a retrieval system or otherwise reproduced or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever without the prior written consent of the IOC.

# # #

Logo and Information!

Horse Riding. What are the horses going to look like? I'm kind of hoping they uses Yoshis...

Except yoshi is a playable character. Yoshi riding a Yoshi would be too strange.

I think it'd be funny.

and erotic.

Aw yeah, Sonic has some bling.

Wait.. 20 characters? Fuck you SEGA.

Edited by MarcelloF

Except yoshi is a playable character. Yoshi riding a Yoshi would be too strange.

It's why I said "kind of". At any rate, Yoshi's are a species, no different from Sonic being a hedgehog. It'd just be strange to see a cartoon crocodile on a realistic horse.

They're totally going to use Motobugs and Koopa Troopas as horses.

That'd be totally awesome. And totally funny, too. I'd feel sorry for the Koopa Troopa carrying Bowser.

You can tell how much I like the M&S series due to all this spamming of various thoughts. :unsure:

1. There's actually more evidence for an upcoming M&S 3 announcement; after two years, the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games forums finally was got rid of on SoA sometime recently (certainly no more than three days ago, anyway). Given the timing of the usual M&S announcements, this is highly suspicious.

2. What if, in regards to characters, SEGA play the ultimate troll card and add NO new characters? Remembering to the last game, most fans were certain that there had to be at least 8 added for the roster to be balanced. It wasn't until the addition of Silver that some people (me included) took a step back and thought "Wait a minute...these characters are very conveniently typed, aren't they?", and it was those same ones who speculated that Bowser Jr was an all-rounder, which turned out to be correct. I wouldn't put it past them to pull a fast one like that, either...:/

OMG LOL.

*sadface*

Smart of them to use a screenshot from the original game on the display board on the site's background instead of anything remotely new for us to dissect and fight over. I have no idea why I noticed that either. *sits in wait for a trailer.*

Mario & Sonic in London

To celebrate the announcement of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Mario and Sonic are touring London for photos around the city’s biggest landmarks. Check out the Sonic the Hedgehog page on Facebook to see these photos as they are taken!

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2011/04/21/londons-calling-mario-sonic/#more-8015

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2011/04/21/london%E2%80%99s-calling-mario-sonic/#more-3666

Hurray, it's official! I am far more excited than I should be!

image61m.png

That artwork... oh man, so much awesome...

But only 20 characters? That's the same as Winter Olympics, right? Either a few have been dropped in favour of some new ones, or SEGA have pulled the biggest dick move ever and are giving us no new characters... I WANT MY ROSALINA, DAMMIT!

Aside from that though, consider me hyped.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, guys, where did you get that information about 20 characters? I can't seem to find that in the official information.

Mario & Sonic At The London Olympic Games Announced

Sega have surprised everyone by announcing Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. Go on, look surprised – it will make Sega’s day. Sega Japan are on the coding duties and the game will arrive next year.

Soon to be referred as M&S London this isn’t just any Olympic video game, this is an M&S Olympic video game. Events from the previous M&S titles will make an appearance along with new sports for 2012 including football, equestrian, athletics, aquatics and table tennis. Joining the normal sports will be a selection of ‘dream events’ that take place in the respective worlds of Mario and Sonic.

There will also be a special ‘London Sports’ section which features events based on life in the big city including the Stab-a-thon (Hackney), Hook The Hooker (Soho) and Top Score! (in which players try arrange as much coke as possible to be delivered to their flat in Camden on a single Saturday night).

Joke! That is of course a massive lie and I am in no way implying such cuddly, child friendly characters such as Sonic & Mario have anything to do with violence, prostitution or drugs. The events Stab-a-thon, Hook The Hooker and Top Score! do not appear in the game. This is totally inconceivable. I was thinking about my weekends.

Source: MCV

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/04/21/mario-sonic-at-the-london-olympic-games-announced/

Awesome :lol:

Wait, guys, where did you get that information about 20 characters? I can't seem to find that in the official information.

It's on the game's official website.

http://www.olympicvideogames.com/mario-and-sonic-london-olympics/en/

Right here

There are now more event than ever and 20 characters from the worlds of Mario & Sonic to choose from.

Also, ninja'd.

Edited by Blue Blood