Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

What? Oh wait, that's the wrong translaton..

It's a joke in that article :P

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a joke in that article :P

So that's how it is xD. Awesome joke,TheSixthAxi!

Woops, saw who's joke that was. Edited.

Edited by ArtFenix

I too am a bit disappointed that it appears we're not getting more new characters :(

So that's how it is xD. Awesome joke, Shadzter!

It's not my joke XD The article's joking about the crime that goes on in the UK :P

Popularity comes!

Sega Says:

eeklf.th.jpg1mzvh.th.jpg

...and the miserable people behind them don't even take any notice or smile :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Actually, I bet those folks in the red and blue shirts are tour staff, so I apologise, but surely they could be a bit more smiley at the start of the tour, unless they've had an hard day.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more pics. :)

Hahaha, that's awesome! I'm expecting LOTS of promotion over here. Not only is Sonic most popular in Europe (and I'd guess the UK specifically) but that's where the games are being held. Having Mario alongside is only going to make things better. This could outsell the first two.

This could outsell the first two.

Only if they add more characters to the roster.

Well, that'd hardly make the game sell better, but you know we all want some new characters. Even I not being a Mario fan want to see Rosalina!

I sincerely hope our national anthem appears on this game's soundtrack...

*salutes*

Oh, and regarding Table Tennis being a playable event again:

PING PONG IS COMING HOME!

This is not the English hymn, but it'd be extremely hilarious to get something like this! xD

• Thumbs Up 1

Well...seeing Soccer in this made my hype-meter go up. But 20 characters? ...hype-meter down =3= Hope its not really true. Also Equestrian sounds awkward unless you have koopas and motobugs like someone mentioned ^^ Well Im not sold yet. I mean no more characters is a bummer, still...it has potential.

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of new characters, but all the new events could make up for it. And I hope there are more surprises too (as I said before, it would be great if there was an Adventure mode for the Wii version).

I honestly can't believe that they wouldn't add any new characters, ESPECIALLY since we had 6 "rival" characters appear in Winter Olympics: Rouge, Jet, Eggman Nega, Omega, Dry Bowser and Dry Bones. King Boo and Bullet Bill don't really count since they couldn't possibly be playable... instead, it'd be more like Birdo and Diddy Kong (I honestly couldn't see Rosalina in... it'd be nice, but it isn't likely).

Of these:

Rouge (All-Around)

Jet (Speed)

Egggman Nega (Technical)

Omega (Power)

Dry Bowser (Power)

Dry Bones (Technical)

Birdo (All-Around)

Diddy (Speed)

If we really don't have ANY new characters that would completely and totally suck. I may still get the game... but yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a recap of the Winter Olympics roster, just in case anyone has forgotten it:

All-Around

Mario

Luigi

Blaze

Amy

Bowser Jr

Speed

Sonic

Shadow

Yoshi

Daisy

Metal Sonic

Technical

Peach

Waluigi

Tails

Dr Eggman

Silver

Power

Wario

Bowser

Knuckles

Vector

Donkey Kong

I suppose they could get away with it by having alternate costumes or being able to dress up your Miis like in Winter Olympics with Rouge/Omega/etc outfits... but I really would like at least one new character for each team, just so it feels like something has been added to the game aside from more events.

Surprise me, SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

I sincerely hope our national anthem appears on this game's soundtrack...

... why? IIRC, the Chinese and Canadian anthems didn't appear in the previous games. I don't think that degree of... uh... 'national symbolism' needs to be put in Mario and Sonic Olympics anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

... why? IIRC, the Chinese and Canadian anthems didn't appear in the previous games. I don't think that degree of... uh... 'national symbolism' needs to be put in Mario and Sonic Olympics anyway.

Merely an overly-patriotic comment for the purposes of comedy, my good fellow ;) Of course I don't actually expect the national anthem to be in the game.

Im hoping they add these events:

-Basketball

-Boxing (this is a must xD )

-Volleyball (and Beach Volleyball)

-Cycling (BMX, Track, Mountain )

-HANDBALL ........ *drools* thats not gonna happen but I can dream.

-Also either Wrestling, Judo or Taekwondo would be fine ^^

For those interested, you can see the list of events here:

http://www.london2012.com/games/olympic-sports/index.php

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently focusing on damage control over at SoA. If anyone's going to be bummed by the roster, it's them.

In the meantime, I'll try and get verification of the number from Kellie, see if it's the final or not. Just to give the kiddywinks hope for just a few minutes longer. :)

A thought occurs!

Assuming SEGA aren't seriously lazy and reuse the same voice clips from the first two Olympics games... we're potentially going to be hearing some new lines from Roger Craig Smith and co!

It's actually going to be weird hearing Roger as Sonic in an Olympics game rather than Griffith. In a good way, mind.

No new characters? That's a bummer. Adding more playable characters would really help sales.

I hope they mean 20 characters "initially," with the prospects of unlockable characters. It'd be nice to see faces such as Rosalina, Espio, Diddy Kong and Jet.

Im hoping they add these events:

-Basketball

-Boxing (this is a must xD )

-Volleyball (and Beach Volleyball)

-Cycling (BMX, Track, Mountain )

-HANDBALL ........ *drools* thats not gonna happen but I can dream.

-Also either Wrestling, Judo or Taekwondo would be fine ^^

For those interested, you can see the list of events here:

http://www.london2012.com/games/olympic-sports/index.php

If I remember right, they already had Boxing, Basketball and Cycling in the DS version of the first game, so in all likelyhood those will (at the very least) just be brought forward and updated a bit for the 3DS version. It would be cool to see them on the Wii version too though (and maybe taking some influence from Sports Mix in the Dream Event version too :P).

Honestly though I hope they update any of the events they bring forward from the first game a good bit, since one thing most of them suffered from was quite a bit of sameyness (though that mighta just been mostly from the control-scheme). Like other people have said I also hope we get some kinda Adventure Mode, since Adventure Tours from Winter Olympics DS was a load of fun. :)

no no no no...THEY WILL ADD MORE CHARACTERS GUYS! This is what fans want, I'm pretty sure we can expect at least 4 new entries

I want Rouge (All Around) and Big (him to fill the power slot...for the Mario side I'd say Rosalina(skill) and Diddy Kong (speed)

well, I think there's still a possibility to see even more playable chars. I mean it is Mario's 25th and Sonic 20th, and this is maybe the biggest sport party game ever released, and fans are going to buy this game mostly because they're hoping for more playables

so I wouldn't be surprise if we see

Cream (Skill)

Omega (Power)

Espio (All Around)

Classic Sonic (Speed)

Toad (Skill)

Birdo (All Around)

King Boo (Power)

Baby Mario (Speed)

don't worry guys, SEGA is just teasing us as always

^ Cream, Toad, and Espio won't be in. In both prior games they were referees. I highly doubt "Classic" Sonic would appear, as well (unless if it was a model swap of Sonic). If ANYTHING, we'll get characters who appeared as "rivals" in Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics. Namely:

Rouge, Jet, Omega, Dry Bones, Eggman Nega, and Dry Bowser (although it is notable that Eggman Nega and Dry Bowser could be included as "model swaps" of Eggman/Bowser, respectively). Birdo is a possibility. I don't see how King Boo can be playable.