Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ROSALINA?!

Your celestial being is in another franchise spin-off.

That trailer made me squee. If not just for the extended interactions, for the confirmation of Grand Metropolis as a dream event setting. At this rate, every Heroes stage will have been remade in some form or another.

Syncronized swimming. Since it's a ladies only sport, it'd be akward to see male characters doing it :P. And I insist that if they make a Dream Football event, they should inspire some of the special shots from Captain Tsubasa XD

I'm so going to buy this game. :D

I want to buy the team who worked of the opening cinematic a drink. That was stunning work on how much detail they were able to put into this. All the characters look and act great... Aw, what the hell... I say it too. Swimsuits, giggity. *Click click.* From what I saw, I expect the synchronized swimming parts to be similar to the Figure Skating mini-game for the last game. When means I'll LOVE IT! While Soccer was already shown, I just like to point out that the Yoshi's steal from Mr. Ultimate Lifeform over there was awesome! ...U Mad? TrollFace.png

Also, thank you! They actually gave the Dream events some rep in CG! Grand Metropolis and Battlerock Galaxy look amazing! Also Tails tripping on the Green Shell, lol.

Looking forward to this title!

However, there is one thing that's been on my mind: WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ROSALINA?! I saw a Mario Galaxy stage, dammit. She BETTER be in this somehow.

Look elsewhere, mang. Unless she floating around Battlerock somewhere, I don't see her in this even as a ref. Would have enjoy her playable though. (Also Diddy Kong, but that's me.)

Did I just see Eggman pat metal sonic on the head, father and son relationship confirmed?

Metal Sonic: Dad, I'm in Olympics.

Eggman: Me too, son.

Metal Sonic: Dad, do you Olympics?

Eggman: Yes. Now we are family again.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like how the horse almost gets it's own spot at the end of the video.

HOORAY! BIG OSS GAMEPLAY!

.. ... .. gosh that looks dull as hell.

Windy valley looks nice but... I dunno it's a little boring, collect the rings bash the other players out of the way and try and land closest to the center.

Maybe I'd like it more if the people playing it were actually funny with their commentary.

• Thumbs Up 1

The trailer seems exciting and new - at least they kept Eggman, Wario and Waluigi together in their little knit group. A bit disappointed there was a lack of interacting hijinks like in the Winter Olympics trailer, though. Gameplay seems linear.

However that video commentary sucks harder than a prostitute on payday. My poor delicate ears now know only torture.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here are some funny screenshots. Drunk Silver and the moment with Sonic and Blaze made me laugh the most.

M_S_Gamescom_UK_Quick_Time_H_264_mov_snapshot_01_03_2011_08_18_11_10_29.jpgM_S_Gamescom_UK_Quick_Time_H_264_mov_snapshot_01_30_2011_08_18_11_11_39.jpg

M_S_Gamescom_UK_Quick_Time_H_264_mov_snapshot_01_49_2011_08_18_11_13_41.jpgM_S_Gamescom_UK_Quick_Time_H_264_mov_snapshot_01_49_2011_08_18_11_13_45.jpgM_S_Gamescom_UK_Quick_Time_H_264_mov_snapshot_01_49_2011_08_18_11_13_49.jpg

M_S_Gamescom_UK_Quick_Time_H_264_mov_snapshot_02_16_2011_08_18_11_15_56.jpgM_S_Gamescom_UK_Quick_Time_H_264_mov_snapshot_02_22_2011_08_18_11_16_42.jpg

P.S. WTF with thumbnail images?

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 6

A new dream event was playable. It was riding on horses delivering Yoshi eggs in MooMoo Farms (Or translated from German "MooMoo/Cowmoo Pasture"). I'll upload the video as soon as possible.

Edit: Video:

You have to hold the Wiimote sideways and shake it in the right direction. You always have to dodge things thrown at you or that's laying around. Sometimes the cart tips over and you have to holde the Wiimote in the right direction to get the balance back. At some points you have to press 2 to jump.

If you look closely, you can see that Vector's flutter jump is his Knuckle's Chaotix jump animation. I thought that was a really nice detail.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the video, MarcelloF! Silver on a white horse FTW! I love the chain chomp part, and Moo Moo Farm was a perfect choice for a Dream Event involving horse riding.

Edited by Shadzter

Thanks for the video, MarcelloF! Silver on a white horse FTW! I love the chain chomp part, and Moo Moo Farm was a perfect choice for a Dream Event involving horse riding.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hm, is it just me, or is that Kamek hassling the players throughout the Dream Horseback Riding event?

Wow, I must say, the Dream Events are looking pretty awesome so far, a tad more so than the the ones from the Winter Olympics. I'm keeping a close eye on this one.

I'm glad they took the Mario Party approach with alot of these Dream Events, definately a game to grab when I get the chance.

MOAR GAMEPLAY!

lolcanoe. All you have to do is stroke when the bubble shrinks.pretty simple, but I kind of like the button combination set up a little more from the original.

Blaze has a white one with purple hair

Edited by Worlds Greatest YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

A new dream event was playable. It was riding on horses delivering Yoshi eggs in MooMoo Farms (Or translated from German "MooMoo/Cowmoo Pasture"). I'll upload the video as soon as possible.

Edit: Video:

>Kamek

>Kamek

>Kamek

AWWW YEEEEAAAHHHH BOOOIIIII. The #1 character from the Team Mario side that I wanted to see included this time around. Total awesomesauce. I'd love to see him take part in the 3DS' story mode! Seeing as they're still adding new faces into the mix, there is still hope for Rosetta/Rosalina making an appearance yet!

Also Blaze riding a horse with the color scheme of Rarity is hilarious. xD Twilight would have been more fitting, though. xP

3DS Judo and Badminton gameplay.

Judo looks nice. Badminton... not so much.

Edited by Worlds Greatest YoshiUnity

wow......badmington is just that? a minigame of hitting balls, and not a real match? I hope thats not the case...but it looks like it. Judo is actually pretty cool!

I can't wait to sweep the floor with Sonic as Eggman in Judo.

What the hell were they thinking about making the badminton mechanics play like that? Everyone I can clearly say was looking towards a nice Mario Tennis stylized game, but instead we get Super Pound Pound Button Mash Beat!! for the 3DS. Hopefully the Wii version is like the aforementioned Mario game, though.

Can't wait to take a shot at the Dream Events since Dream Equestrian looks like great fun. Maybe they should get Link on the job to help them out. I hope that is Kamek.

Also that Eggman artwork is super flaming flamboyant (which I might add I totally miss.) I'm totally going to take that as my next avatar when a high-rez version is released.

If you look closely, you can see that Vector's flutter jump is his Knuckle's Chaotix jump animation. I thought that was a really nice detail.

Yeah, I noticed that. Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games did the same thing for the characters in Ice Skating, taking well known or lesser known moves and adding it to the movement repertoire like for example, Donkey Kong had some of his Brawl moves or Mario and Luigi had their ice skating moves from Galaxy. They did have a keen eye to details in the last game (character interactions, moves - Eggman borrows Wario's shoulder slam in one part) and I'm glad to see it make a return in this one.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, yeah the 3DS version. Gamescom had Judo, Badminton, Canoe, Balance and Walking playable. I guess because each ahd different ways of controlling. Judo was QTE, I can't say I loved it. Although, seeing tails look pissed and throw Sonic over his shoulder was funny. Badminton... kinda sucked. Canoe was just turning the Circle Pad very fast.

Balance was my favorite.Yo had to use the Gyro Sensor to guide a ball into the goal to do tricks and balance it in the middle to keep your balance.

Walking was my second favorite, despite it's simplicity. You just have to rhythmatically move the stylus in a half circle back and forth. After a while you have to pick up speed.

Old complaints are old, but I'm really still hoping for new characters.

Has anyone heard even the slightest hint that we might get unlockable characters?

Including Rouge and Jet as rivals in the last game but not as play-able... Come on... Teases.

It would be cool is the Referees would alternate with the characters we can play as... but that's just me dreaming.