Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

Oh god....is that....Sonic with a gun?

HAHAH!!!! THE SHITSTORM IS A COMEIN'!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario-Sonic-at-the-London-2012-Olympic-Games-Wii-Screenshots-22.jpg

Are these from the 3DS version, Shadzter? The shape of them look like it..

They're from the Wii version. This is as big as screenshots get on SEGA's website. They're not on the SEGA Press site yet and I did a search around the net, but couldn't find any bigger versions :-/

So.....is that thing were they're all running around the city the party mode or one of the mini games? Having a open world free roam area would be pretty cool but I'm not sure if it's that or one of the mini games. Also I liked when Sonic hit Mario with the shell.laugh.png Not sure why but it made me bust out laughing.

UNNNGGHHHH. JUST TAKE IT. TAKE MY MONEY. ALL OF IT, SEGA!

That trailer looks fantastic. The London Party Mode looks leagues better than both the single player campaigns and minigames of the first two outings! The Gallery was incredibly bare bones and boring in the first title, and although the Party Games of the second outing were a nice addition they were felt like nothing more than an overly-simplified interactive distraction between the Olympic events. But this looks like the fabulous full-fledged Mario Party-esque experience extra minigame mode that they've been poorly attempting to recreate since the beginning. Why, it even appears to be a Circuit/Festival mode killer, if the presence of the Rivals and overall level of apparent depth are anything to go by! And that's more than okay with me.

I do hope there are multiple maps for this mode though. I'm not sure if time passes progressively or if the day/night shots are in fact of different boards, but if they are then I will be one happy camper.

(Playable Egg Pawn, the glorious return of Windy Valley and Grand Metropolis complete with epic remixes, as well as an appearance by Kamek. I don't see how this game can not be awesome.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, this really looks like a terrible party cash-in game that's going to be a sheer delight to play. SE pre-ordered, and I'm ready and waiting!

• Thumbs Up 5

So they applied the women-only to this event? Or did they make it only for the photo?

I couldn't imagine the likes of Bowser, Eggman, Vector, and others doing that at all.

...Maybe Vector, he is a Croc...

I couldn't imagine the likes of Bowser, Eggman, Vector, and others doing that at all.

...Maybe Vector, he is a Croc...

Fuck that, throw Shadow in there.

Making him Ice Skate two years ago was priceless and now synchronized swimming, this shit writes itself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Fuck that, throw Shadow in there.

Making him Ice Skate two years ago was priceless and now synchronized swimming, this shit writes itself.

Two words: Rhythmic gymnastics. Is your body ready to see Shadow twirling about with a frilly red ribbon while prancing to classical music?

Also, science said it couldn't be done! Science said it shouldn't be done! But yet, it has!

Mario-Sonic-at-the-London-2012-Olympic-Games-Wii-Screenshots-17.jpgMario-Sonic-at-the-London-2012-Olympic-Games-Wii-Screenshots-19.jpgMario-Sonic-at-the-London-2012-Olympic-Games-Wii-Screenshots-20.jpg

Blue Egg Pawns! Madness, I say! Complete madness! Come to think of it, looking at these screens is making me wonder why all the team members didn't get palette swaps. I haven't the slightest clue as to who is on which team in quite a few of the football/soccer screenshots. Seeing Knuckles on the blue team or Sonic on the red team may make things pretty confusing; a simple recolor of their shoes and gloves could have gone a long way. I suppose the markers that they've got on the HUD will have to do, though.

Edited by HunterTSF

I noticed that Dengeki has a preview of it. It has the usual fare, which is a little disappointing.

Although, that said, I did like the Synchronised Swimming screenshot. It has the sweet princess that begins with P, Peach, the tomboy ruler that begins with D, Daisy, the lovestruck hedgehog that begins with A, Amy, and the royal pyro that begins with B, Bla--

07.jpg

AW SNAP.

• Thumbs Up 1

I noticed that Dengeki has a preview of it. It has the usual fare, which is a little disappointing.

Although, that said, I did like the Synchronised Swimming screenshot. It has the sweet princess that begins with P, Peach, the tomboy ruler that begins with D, Daisy, the lovestruck hedgehog that begins with A, Amy, and the royal pyro that begins with B, Bla--

07.jpg

AW SNAP.

Picked up the new issue of ONM. Here's their preview of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

scan0004ic.jpg

scan0007mq.jpg

If you want to archive the scans, it's Official Nintendo Magazine December 2011 Issue 75.

Ha ha! I just noticed that ONM's preview says "ETA: Nov 2012". laugh.png