Badnik Mechanic

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Picked up the new issue of ONM. Here's their preview of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

scan0004ic.jpg

Sonic: Well snap... I knew I shhoulnd have skipped Shadow's weaponry lessons on sundays cause I tought he looked like a dork... whatever!

scan0007mq.jpg

If you want to archive the scans, it's Official Nintendo Magazine December 2011 Issue 75.

Because theres a design rule with Sonic characters in official products, you may not show their feet/toes.

Once there was a rule saying you couldn't show Sonics teeth.

I'm pretty sure this is official Sonic Adventure art.

amy_rose_at_the_beach_artwork_from_sonic_adventure-11951.jpg

They have no toes.

Edited by speedfreak

...why would you ever put a spoon in an ice cream cone?

I dunno, man. That art's old enough that I still feel weird taking a stand either way on the toes/no toes issue. And it is an issue for me, dammit; I hate not knowing about that kind of thing. It's the same reason Diglett makes me uncomfortable.

Read the first review for this in my new Nintendo Power. They gave it a 7/10. They don't really say anything we don't already know. Some events are really fun, most are so-so. 31 events in all with 21 Olympic and 10 Dream.

Not sure if I want to get it. I might get it for Christmas or wait for a price drop. I think I'll wait for other reviews before deciding since Nintendo Powers reviews can be all over the place IMO.

Read the first review for this in my new Nintendo Power. They gave it a 7/10. They don't really say anything we don't already know. Some events are really fun, most are so-so. 31 events in all with 21 Olympic and 10 Dream.

Not sure if I want to get it. I might get it for Christmas or wait for a price drop. I think I'll wait for other reviews before deciding since Nintendo Powers reviews can be all over the place IMO.

>31 events in total

>10 dream events

wait wait what

Didn't one of the original press releases boast over 50? And 10 dream events? That's one less than the previous game! All of my tears.

Also in completely unrelated news, did the DS version get new cover artwork? Or am I just slow?

919Me4d2qzL._AA1500_.jpg

It's beautiful. ;A;

Also is that a weight-lifting Bowser I see? And just what exactly is that in Eggman's hands? I spy new events!

Edited by HunterTSF

>31 events in total

>10 dream events

wait wait what

Didn't one of the original press releases boast over 50? And 10 dream events? That's one less than the previous game! All of my tears.

Also in completely unrelated news, did the DS version get new cover artwork? Or am I just slow?

919Me4d2qzL._AA1500_.jpg

It's beautiful. ;A;

Also is that a weight-lifting Bowser I see? And just what exactly is that in Eggman's hands? I spy new events!

Eggman is ready to vaudeville hook anyone who dares to use jazz hands during the gymnastics event. Dropping below a camp factor of fabulous! will warrant a hook out too, so I hope that Mario brought his glitter leotard.

Yeah, the hook is for field hockey as Wikipedia tells me. My imagination comes short again.

Edited by Kintobor

>31 events in total

>10 dream events

wait wait what

919Me4d2qzL._AA1500_.jpg

It's beautiful. ;A;

That 3DS art is horrible. At first I thought it was awesome, then I noticed they didn't include Knuckles on the art. D=

Fr srs though, it's pretty awesome. Sonic's just got that weird lip going on.

Edited by Blue Blood