Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

That sure as hell doesn't explain why she gets kidnapped so easily and doesn't highten the security whatsoever in any way at all.

Very...odd. Hm.

• Thumbs Up 6

Im just sat that, after 3 games of these, (since there focus on multiplayer) they don't stick online. If they do that, SEGA will get lots of money from doing so, cause im sure it will sell twice as much.

Im just sat that, after 3 games of these, (since there focus on multiplayer) they don't stick online. If they do that, SEGA will get lots of money from doing so, cause im sure it will sell twice as much.

It's not the kind of game you really would want to play online. A few of the people related to the series have pointed out that most of the events in the past were just too short to justify an online connection. Can you imagine logging in for a 100 meter dash only to get booted out 5 seconds into the fun? Leaderboards essentially offer the same end result.

I guess you could mash up event gauntlets or something.... but I tend to agree with the original assessment.

Also, its not like the games are hurting sales wise. happy.png

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Two awesome new adverts for the game - one with a Mario ending, one with a Sonic ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGn6yK9C9xY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGn6yK9C9xY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGI73p5eKsM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGI73p5eKsM

Some pretty cool jokes in there, I must say! laugh.png

Edited by Doctor MK
  • Thumbs Up 9

I might be reviewing the Wii version for SEGAbits, and I have not really been following this release. What is a Dream Event, and how many past Sonic stages are usually found in a M&S game?

I might be reviewing the Wii version for SEGAbits, and I have not really been following this release. What is a Dream Event, and how many past Sonic stages are usually found in a M&S game?

Dream Events are normal events with very different rules and ways of working, and set in Mario or Sonic's world.

There are usually about 5 Mario stages and 5 Sonic stages.

Check videos of the Winter Games Wii version on YouTube to understand.

Those commercials are great. I wish the actual games had that sort of clever jokes about the characters in them.

Maybe next year we'll get a full fledged Crossover platformer with the 2 of them with a Sonic-y story and all of Mario & Sonic's Shittily Awesome Friends

It'll never happened, though...

Dream Events are normal events with very different rules and ways of working, and set in Mario or Sonic's world.

There are usually about 5 Mario stages and 5 Sonic stages.

Check videos of the Winter Games Wii version on YouTube to understand.

Cool! Ok, thanks for the info. And do we know all the Dream Events for 2012 yet? All I've seen for Sonic is Windy Valley.

There's one from Yoshi's Story where you bounce from Cloud to cloud, one in Grand Metropolis where you swing from bar to bar in the air and one in Battle Rock Galaxy where you jump hurdles.

I don't think we've seen everything yet.

Also, I forgot the one taking place in Moomoo Meadows where you ride horse dodging Kamek's magic.

Edited by MarcelloF

So far, the confirmed locations for Dream events are;

-Yoshi's Island (Dream Long Jump)

-Battle Rock Galaxy (Dream Hurdles)

-Grand Metropolis (Dream Bar Gymnastics?)

-Seaside Hill (Dream Fencing)

-Some sort of Mario course with Porcupuffs, Beach Bowl Galaxy maybe? [not good with mario places] (Dream Rafting)

-Good Egg Galaxy (Dream Space Walk)

-Moo Moo Meadows (Dream Equestrian)

-Windy Valley (Dream Discus)

So it looks like, if all things are even, we've seen all the Mario events, but still have two Sonic ones left.

Edited by VEDJ-F

That's Seaside Hill in the new screenshots? I thought it was Ocean Palace that had that sea area.

Same difference really, look at how Generations ran with Seaside Hill. I'd rather call anything by the zonal collective name than assume specific acts.

Actually, that Super Mario Galaxy stage looks more like Super Mario Galaxy 2's Sky Station Galaxy than Good Egg Galaxy. Not to mention the latter stage was already included in Mario & Sonic 2.

Also, Seaside Hill again? The amount of Sonic Heroes representation over the years in these ever popular spin-off games is one thing, but it always has to include the same exact stage! Seaside Hill has already popped up in Mario & Sonic 2, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, and Sonic Generations, it's time to give it a rest already. If they feel the need to callback to Sonic Heroes again, they could have at least used another stage, as that game had plenty of them (It's time to give Mystic Mansion and Lost Jungle some love.). At least Grand Metropolis is getting some recognition after all these years.

Anywho, on the positive side of things, we finally get to see the Flapper post-redesign! Lookin' pretty spiffy there! That Dream Fencing event looks like it's going to be fun.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

Maybe next year we'll get a full fledged Crossover platformer with the 2 of them with a Sonic-y story and all of Mario & Sonic's Shittily Awesome Friends

It'll never happened, though...

We been saying an Adventure game for years ,sadly I don't think it will ever happen....

More tidbits

• Option to play as your Mii character returns
  • Over 20 Olympic events
  • 10 Dream Events total
  • In London Party mode: “The aim of the game is to collect stickers and fill sticker sheets before your opponents – a goal achieved by beating them in events and minigames that will be triggered as you roam through London.”
  • The game features “great unlockable bonus content and online leaderboards”
  • “Play every sport using only the Wii Remote or opt to use the Nunchuk for some events.”

http://www.sonicstad...12-wii-tidbits/

I wonder what this supposed great unlockable bonus content could be? Will it just be like Winter Olympics with suits for Miis, music, and cutomizable equipment, or will it be something more? (I would say characters but it is quite farfetch'd)

Also I wonder if Rival battles are coming back

Epic art is epic, however is it just me or are Vectors arms colored wrong? isnt it supposed to be a lighter tone like the chest?

That water game looks soooooo bad. It's a shame that they don't at least make a game with nothing but dream event type things because most of them look decent but the official olympic events look pretty boring IMO.