Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

This nice stuff was in the .sfd files. The quality is bad, but that's how it is in the files.

tsonicwin20111112234004.th.jpgtsonicwin20111112234109.th.jpg

tsonicwin20111112234323.th.jpgtsonicwin20111112234438.th.jpg

And usually if I say things like Nega is in the game, I mean it. Proof is good, but usually I know what I'm talking about ^_^.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bosses. They are not playable just like in WOG.

Yeah, that sucks.

And looks like there's only one CG video in the game, e.g. the Opening cutscene. That's a bit disappointing. WOG had 3 CG videos.

So I just found that Birdo, Dry Bones, Dry Bowser, and King Boo are the Mario rivals

Edited by Gonza

Aka the rivals from Mario and Sonic Winter, except Buller Bill swapped out for someone who was in the assets of the first game because that decision was stupid in the first place.

Okay so since playing the game, I have recieved 3 gifts - Charmy, Espio and Werehog costumes for my Mii's.

I don't have time to go through the pages so I will list some of my findings right here:

You can buy certain Sonic tracks (some remastered/remixed) as well as Mario tracks, and replace event music with them. Each track cost 2 blank scratchcards.

10 blanks gets you costumes. The Sonic ones are as follows:

Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Shadow, Silver, Metal Sonic, Blaze, Vector, Rouge, Omega, Jet, Storm, Wave, Emerl, Egg Pawn. Also has various Mario costumes and Wenlock (London 2012 macot) too.

Well it's obviously more like the Beijing game than the winter one, however it has more variety and more stuff to keep you busy. However, every event is unlocked from the start - I can't tell if it's good or bad, I mean half the point of the game was doing the circuits in order to get the events as a reward. There's no circuits this time neither.

But, being a Mario&Sonic Olypmic game, don't go expecting it to be amazing.

An Emerl costume? Wow, he certainly is being remembered.

Also, trust Jet to challenge you on the event that has you floating on something during a race...

Are there any gameplay videos (outside of the official ones) that show all events and boss/rival battles?

I can't find any at Youtube by now.

Well it's obviously more like the Beijing game than the winter one, however it has more variety and more stuff to keep you busy. However, every event is unlocked from the start - I can't tell if it's good or bad, I mean half the point of the game was doing the circuits in order to get the events as a reward. There's no circuits this time neither.

But, being a Mario&Sonic Olypmic game, don't go expecting it to be amazing.

That sounds fine. I quite enjoy the Mario and Sonic games. They are good fun and even better with others, although playing with others is a very rare case.

Winter Olympics is my favorite of the ones i've played and this one looks pretty good. Not sure if will be as good as Winter Olympics but still looks fun either way.

Oy, Mii! Yeah, you who had to wear that Espio costume in Mario and Sonic Winter in order to play pretend for! Guess what? You're going rowing! :3

Edit: On a serious note, could you tell us the Mario costumes you've found so far?

Edited by VEDJ-F

Edit: On a serious note, could you tell us the Mario costumes you've found so far?

I haven't found or been given any yet, but there are plenty in the store. I can't check now because my Wii is packed and ready to go (moving back to England after 6 months of being in Holland) - but I do remember all the characters (I believe) in the game costumes, as well as Fire Mario, Bee Mario and Penguin Mario.

That sounds enough to gauge roughly who's in as costumes me thinks. smile.png

Edited by VEDJ-F

God, Wave, Storm and Emerl get costumes, though I am dissapointed by the lack of Marine, Big, and Gemerl, this is quite amazing

Yeesh, what's with Sega favoring Sonic Heroes related stuff among all else?

I'm surprised their wasn't a single thing related to Sonic Colors yet, that I know of.

However they do remember Emerl which is kinda of a good sign.

To be brutally honest, I think a lot of the reason why people were turned off was because it was revealed that there were no new characters. I mean, I remember with Mario and Sonic Winter, people were speculating which eight new characters would be added since the roster would be unbalanced otherwise, and then there was a huge backlash when people eventually cottoned on and realised there were only going to be four new characters.

I personally think it's a shame it's like this, but hey, I'm still gonna get it on Friday, I don't care about the fandom reaction. smile.png

Edited by VEDJ-F

Another big draw of the M&S series are the return of old stages, but compared to Generations, M&S 2012 is weak.