Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

How the hell did I do a double post?

Ignore.

Edited by Kintobor

Marine suit? MARINE SUIT! Bonzaaaaaaaaaa!! I may look like a fool for dressing up like a girl but damnit I will be playing Marine in a game!

• Thumbs Up 1

Marine suit? MARINE SUIT! Bonzaaaaaaaaaa!! I may look like a fool for dressing up like a girl but damnit I will be playing Marine in a game!

Marine is relavent enough to get a suit?

Sega, all my love

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, Bowser's had new voice clips for this game. Why is it that he's the only one who changes when the Sonic cast does?

Edit: Charmy makes even more comparisons to Sonic, saying that he's fast just like him. My Charmy interpretation looks eerie now...

Edited by VEDJ-F

EDIT: The Mario Wiki has the 3DS version listed as having a Story Mode. I don't know if that's completely true, but if anyone does have details let us know.

Yeah, it's true. It was revealed back in July.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/07/sega-product-page-update-reveals-story-mode-for-ms-london-3ds/

So Amazon has a pretty great deal going for this game right now. They have it marked down from $49.99 to $37.99 with $10 in bonus credit for ordering. So when all is said and done you're really only paying $27.99 for the game.

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Sonic-London-Olympics-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B004XV9EWW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321660035&sr=8-1

I wonder if this is just Amazon being their usual fantastic selves, or if the game needed that extra sales incentive because no one was buying it.

Compiling an unlockable suit list, copy/pasta'd from SoA. Here's the current list;

Espio Suit - Place 1st place ten times in any normal events.

Cream Suit - Place 1st ten times in any London Party bonus games.

Charmy Suit - Play for a total of 1 hour.

Larry Suit - Answer Shy Guy's Quiz correctly ten times.

Werehog Suit - Place 1st twenty five times in any normal events.

Big Suit - Play for a total of three hours.

Wendy Suit - Play events as a Mii ten times.

Super Sonic Suit - Place 1st fifty times in any normal events.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Werehog Suit

Sega....I-i'm flattered....

Even though the suits will probably look awkward, I'm greatful they remember it existed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find Eggman's special move for the Dream Long Jump strange. Think about it.

Waluigi steals Eggman's special move for this event because Eggman had the "flap your arms crazily to fly through the air move" from the DS version of Winter Olympic Games. Wario now does the same thing.

So you would think that Eggman would have Waluigi's Swimming move from the same game as a trade-off, right?

Nope. Eggman this time around steals Yoshi's Flutter Jump.

Therefore Eggman is a Yoshi that hasn't hatched. That moustache is just stylish mold that has grown on the shell.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sega....I-i'm flattered....

Even though the suits will probably look awkward, I'm greatful they remember it existed.

Meh, you get the Chip suit if you play for 5 hours in the Single Event Mode.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what are suits? Are they reskins? Do they come with voice acting? What?

Suits are full body suits of characters that up your Mii's stats with that character in mind. They are like skins but with your Mii's face - basically like a parka.

For example, an Eggman suit will up your Mii's stats in Skills and Acceleration, but might nudge it down in Max Speed.

No, there are no VAs for the suits. That would be neat and creepy at the same time.

Edited by Kintobor

Updating the suit list;

Espio Suit - Place 1st place ten times in any normal events.

Cream Suit - Place 1st ten times in any London Party bonus games.

Charmy Suit - Play for a total of 1 hour (in Single Event).

Larry Suit - Answer Shy Guy's Quiz correctly ten times.

Werehog Suit - Place 1st twenty five times in any normal events.

Big Suit - Play for a total of three hours (in Single Event).

Wendy Suit - Play Single Events as a Mii ten times.

Super Sonic Suit - Place 1st fifty times in any normal events.

Chip Suit - Play for a total of five hours (in Single Event).

Marine Suit - Place 1st fifty times in the minigames of London Party mode.

Roy Suit - Answer fifty questions correctly on the London Party mission quizzes.

Lemmy Suit - Answer one hundred questions correctly on the London Party mission quizzes.

Iggy Suit - Play Single Events as a Mii fifty times.

Tikal Suit - Place 1st one hundred times in the minigames of London Party mode.

Edited by VEDJ-F

A Chip Suit, too? Haha, that is all kinds of awesome! They really outdid themselves with the extra costumes this time. All we need now are Tikal, Chaos, Gamma, Egg Robo, and E-10000 Suits and every single last recurring playable character from a Sonic Team game in the past 20 years will be playable in Suit form.

Edited by HunterTSF

Roy Suit - Answer 50 questions correctly on the London Party mission quizzes.

Lemmy Suit - Answer 100 questions correctly on the London Party mission quizzes.

It's a Koopaling invasion!

Edit: Also this game says that Eggman Nega is from another dimension, but you don't give a shit about that.

Edi-WTF another question says that he's Eggman's descendent from the future too!

Edit edit edit edit: So this Shy Guy has never seen a Goomba bite, but knows about Yo'ster Isle? What.

Edited by VEDJ-F

A Chip Suit, too? Haha, that is all kinds of awesome! They really outdid themselves with the extra costumes this time. All we need now are Tikal, Chaos, Gamma, Egg Robo, and E-10000 Suits and every single last recurring playable character from a Sonic Team game in the past 20 years will be playable in Suit form.

Tikal? Awesome sauce, we've got more bases covered. Heck, maybe in the future we could have more playable characters, I mean most people complain about lack of female characters. Here are your answers.

Just found the Tikal suit, 'fraid I don't think there's any more Sonic costumes. :<

As of now there are nine unlockable Sonic Suits. That's an odd number, so I'll go out on a limb and assume there is one Suit left to make it an even ten. Wonder who it will be?

All of this fanservice in the form of suits is fantastic though. They're really covering every base they can with this one.

Edited by HunterTSF

Ah, Hunter, nine is a very even number for this game. You see, you get the costumes in triplets, with the triplet being focused around a certain objective (Total played time is one triplet, placing first in normal events is another etc). I'm highly suspicious of having missed a Mario triplet somewhere, but I'd hedge my bets on having found all the Sonic suits.