Awoo.

M&S at the London 2012 Olympic games General and big horse (Oss) appreciation thread

Badnik Mechanic

How does multiplayer work with a limited character roster?

I'd hate to end up being the last one to pick a character.

A remarkably bad move by the game developers. I really wanted to see Amy or Bowser Jr weight lift, and do other wacky combinations. That was a big part of the fun in the console game, and now that has been taken out.

It dosen't look like I'll be getting this game then. Shame.

God, the game looks awfull. Reducing "Marathon" to just picking up bottles?! Just a small roster of characters you are allowed to pick? I could understand that in Story mode, but in the normal modes?! Why Sega, why? I can't believe that they bring the series on a new system with more possibilities etc. but instead of improving the series, they fail horribly and go a few steps back instead.

Oh, forgot to mention, Horizontal Bar actually looks decent. The only game I like so far.

Edited by Thigolf

Wow, this game looks positively atrocious... I'm at a loss for words, really. Mario & Sonic 2DS managed to be one of my favorite games in the entire series​ and to see it receive such a lackluster sequel that completely removes each and every last thing that made the previous title so great is just painful to observe.

So, I take it that the achievement system from the past two games has been completely removed altogether in this instalment? I can't see how you could possibly go around earning Crowns if characters are restricted to certain events.

Really disappointed in whoever was behind all of this. I mean, wow. The only redeeming factor so far looks like the story mode.

Sheesh, why have the 3DS ports of the last two Sonic games so incredibly bad? I liked the DS ports of the first two Mario & Sonic titles as well as the DS version of Colors even more than their console counterparts. These last two games? Not so much.

Edited by E-10000B

Alrighty guys, I got myself the game day 1, as promised, and also got myself a nice, pre-owned blue 3DS. Time to see what lies in the heart of the beast!

Before we begin, the apparent grouping of the characters is 100% CONFIRMED. The five groups are Heroes (Sonic, Mario, Tails and Luigi), Girls (Sexist, Sexist, Sexist and Sexist), Tricksters (Eggman, Wario, Metal Sonic and Waluigi), Wild Ones (Knuckles, Bowser, Vector and Donkey Kong) and Challengers (Shadow, Yoshi, Silver and Bowser Jr.).

...I'm sorry, but I can't be the only one who feels that the Challenger group was just desperation, can I? Shadow and Silver are understandable, but Yoshi and Bowser Jr. just make zero sense!

Also I LOL'd at the fact that there's a dedicated antagonist group and Bowser got shafted.

Need to play some story mode to give some impressions, and that's not easy in a University library. I'll be back online when I have sufficient impressions to give!

Hm, can't say I'm pleased with what I'm hearing. Assuming that the Story Mode is any good, this game will certainly be a rental for me.

The five groups are Heroes (Sonic, Mario, Tails and Luigi), Girls (Sexist, Sexist, Sexist and Sexist), Tricksters (Eggman, Wario, Metal Sonic and Waluigi), Wild Ones (Knuckles, Bowser, Vector and Donkey Kong) and Challengers (Shadow, Yoshi, Silver and Bowser Jr.).

How is that sexist? Correct me if I'm wrong, but events like Syncronised Swimming and Rythmic Ribbon (And rythmic events in general) are girl only events in the real Olympics, so if anything blame that on the people who organise the events themselves.

It is stupid how you can't pick who ever you want. Why the hell would they even do that? The 3DS is way more powerful than the DS, yet this is the only M&S with so many unnecesary cuts.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

How is that sexist? Events like Syncronised Swimming and Rythmic Ribbon (And rythmic events in general) are girl only events in the real Olympics, so if anything blame that on the people who organise the events themselves.

Because that's not how it worked in any other Mario and Sonic games!

Anyway, I have five pages of A5 notes accumulated over the hour, so let's not waste time!

-The system update took ages because the battery was so low. Got it done in the end.

-The game starts right off with a news flash from Omochao and three warm-up events (100m sprint, 100m freestyle and judo). Of these, 100m freestyle is the hardest to master due to needing to tap at a specific rate (although judo does require some stupid combos like L + Down + Y!).

-The story is set up like a theatre play.

-Start; Eggman and Bowser are mad about not being invited to the London Olympics, so Eggman fires up his fog machine. Bowser's job for him and his minions to guard said machine [bONUS: When Bowser himself states this, he refers to himself as King Koopa!].

-The judges (Toad/Omochao were setting up when the fog hit. They make a joke about London being known for fog but not to that extent before being scared by a foggy Mario and Sonic (whimps).

Mario Episode 1; Stadium Blues

-Toad is unconscious when Mario and Sonic find him. He's scared at first because he thinks Mario was his assailant, but he's proven wrong.

-Sonic and Tails foggies approach and M/L accept their challenge.

-Challenges here are split up; you can either do one for Mario or one for Luigi to pass. Mario's was 100m sprint, very easy.

-When challenge won, S/T foggies disappear and general fog thins.

-Omochao comes along and tells our gang that they were fake because they'd never go around scaring people (what is this, Mario and Sonic or Scooby Doo and the Three Stooges?), they all set off together to find the cause of the stadium park.

Mario Episode 2; Foggy Foes

-Toad and Omochao are on their own when Dry Bowser and Dry Bones appear. In this game, they are more like accomplices/good friends than a master and servant.

-Dry Bones hints at working for Bowser before Dry Bowser politely shuts him up (as if the culprit isn't obvious, they guess that one of them was him in Sonic Episode 1!).

-The next challenge is a team challenge for M/L against the 'Boney Bunch' (I am not making this shit up, this is what the game calls them). The event is sailing. It can be a bitch if you're not careful.

-When defeated, the Bony Bunch get more aggressive towards T/C because they only won due to M/L arriving, and that they wouldn't be so great on their own.

-M/L spot the fog machine. Dry Bowser tells them not to touch it, but they go ahead and smash it.

-The fog is revealed to be called Phantasmal Fog.

-Dry Bowser quote; "This is not good. Come on, Bony, old boy! We're outta here!"

-Toad reveals that Peach was training at Hyde Park, where the next area of fog is building.

-Omochao stays at the stadium while M/L and Toad go.

-Ep 3 preview mentions Amy meeting with Daisy before something happens.

And from here, you are not allowed to continue until you've finished the other story branch equally.

Sonic Episode 1; Sonic Arrives

-Sonic and Tails arrive. Tails is excited. Sonic is mute.

-Another Toad and Omochao arrive to see them!

-A Boo was also watching, but he was quickly spotted, mistaken for a ghost by S/T.

-M/L phantasmas appear. Tails quote; "Long time no see, guys!", mistake quickly spotted.

-Another challenge! Same format as M/L ep 1. Sonic's challenge is judo.

-M/L phants disappear, Boo gives lots of exposition on the fog machines, Phantasmal fog and stuff.

-Runs off to the Tower of London, S/T accidentally follow.

Sonic Episode 2; The Ghostly Tower

-Boo meets with his superior, King Boo. These two are just all around hilarious and self-depreciating, even when S/T are standing behind them during the entire conversation.

-Challenge is team Badminton; trick is to swing down when the shuttle is flashing.

-King Boo and Boo have one more stab at themselves with a joke about dragging their feet. They flee, leaving the fog machine unguarded.

-Sonic destroys it, Tails is upset because he wanted to see how it worked.

-They decide to explore the Tower of London.

-Ep 3 preview only says about fog in the Tower, but the preview image shows Yoshi.

Notes; Episodes are easily repeatable in the episode select menu, so you don't need to restart to see the cutscenes again if you don't mind the little challenge in the middle.

The Bony Bunch confirmed for best characters thus far.

And that's as far as I am right now. Time to crack on! May not be on again for a few hours due to a lecture from 1pm-3pm.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 2

Can't post a full impression now, but let me just say that the Girls' episodes were epic.

Juding by the title of the second Challenger ep (The Legendary Windmaster), it might have the same twist.

Also you do earn SOMETHING; you get badges by winning tickets and spinning a gacha machine. Yay, kitty on my profile!

Heh that sounds awesome. Love the "Boney bunch" this game might be worth it just because of those cutscenes xD I just love how Tails is sad because he wanted to look at the fog thingie but sonic destroyed it before he could :P

Please continue with this when you can ^_^ its quite fun to read!

The next bus back to the flat leaves at about 2.40pm and takes about ten minutes to get to its destination. I can start back on writing the impressions in about half an hour, provided the hold-ups are minimal.

Alrighty, now I can easily finish the story mode in one sitting!

I plan to keep updating every four episodes though, so onto the next one I played!

Girls Episode 1; Morning in Hyde Park

-It starts out with Daisy on her own, wondering about the pink fog about.

-Amy then comes along to greet her, both musing about the fog and explaining that she'd overslept.

-They rule out the possibility that Peach and Blaze overslept, so keep pondering before Peach and Blaze actually arrive...only they're phantasmal versions, and they challenge them to a...challenge.

-The format changes a little here; not only do you need two challenges to move on, the events here are all team events. First one I did was Beach Volleyball, which was hard until I got down the pattern for hitting A. The second was Canoe Slalom (pair), which was a fucking pain.

-Once those are won, the two phantasmal clones disappear...only for a whole slew of Blazes and Peaches to appear. Amy and Daisy try to run. but the clones catch up and beat them unconscious!

Girls Episode 2; Peach in a Pinch

-Sometime after that, the real Blaze and Peach have come across this clone army, and are trying to fend them off while protecting the crew of Toads (I must confess; Peach is pretty pro-active here). Eventually, two of the clones challenge them, and they accept it.

-Again, there are two challenges, but they're single events. The 100m Backstroke seems complicated at first since you have to draw on one screen while keeping it within a circle on the other screen, but the game is very forgiving on the accuracy so that makes up for it. Omnium (never heard of that before) involves choosing a position to pedal from and then mashing the A button. The catch is that certain positions require a certain amount of stamina, which you're given a limited quantity of. Still easy, though.

-Also, it was here that I found out that drawing first with a CPU still means that you win the challenge. Nice!

-Once that's done, the clones disappear and Peach and Blaze find Amy and Daisy unconscious. They come around quickly and talk about what happened (Amy and Daisy being a little scared at first due to not being sure if they were real or not).

-That's when one Toad pipes up and mentions that he saw a white bat act mysteriously around the area. Blaze and Peach run off while Daisy and Amy complain that they're hungry since they've had nothing to eat. Classy...

Girls Episode 3; The Mysterious [NB: INSANE] Thief

-Soon enough, all four girls come across Rouge. She then spills her plan and motive for hanging around the area; she wanted to trap them all in the fog so that the phantasmal clones could step up and replace them (Shadow would cry if he heard this)! The girls aren't having any of this, so Peach steps up to take on the insane bat lady woman to woman in a titanic battle of the 100m Backstroke, with mixes of cheers and concern.

-I've already explained this event, but since it's a boss it's the only one for this chapter.

-After Rouge is beaten, the other girls celebrate their win...and then Rouge turns completely amnesiac to that encounter! After Rouge tells them where the fog machine of the area is (and Blaze thus destroying it), it's revealed that she was at the British Museum admiring the treasure, when Eggman came along with the fog, she accidentally breathed some in, and it seems to have completely led her to be hypnotised/brainwashed by the evil doctor.

-When all that is said, M/L and Toad finally arrive to see that the girls are fine. The four girls invite Rouge to hang with them for the Olympic duration, and Rouge can't resist the offer. GIRL POWER YES!

Challengers Episode 1; The Blocked Bridge

-This story starts off rather plain in comparison. Sonic and Tails are exploring near the Tower Bridge, while talking about the varying fog colour (THEY JUST FEEL SO RIGHT), when they come across Yoshi, who wants to cross the bridge. He wonders why the people controlling the bridge can't just lower it for him for a second, and still persists with asking them despite Tails explaining that they'd be pretty fucked if a ship was to come along.

-Suddenly, they think that they see Shadow and Silver coming their way, but...you get the drill.

-The two events I played were 100m Hurdles and 1500m. The former is easy as it's a short memory game, the latter is a nightmare since it rearranges the control scheme every ten seconds!

-Once that's done, the phantos disappear and S/T tell Yoshi about what they know on the situation.

-The real Shadow and Silver come along, and it turns out that they've also just been fighting clones. For some reason, the idea of a Boo operating a fog machine weird out the both of them.

-Just as we've got used to them, Jet comes out of nowhere and flies over everyone's heads! The three hedgehogs give hot chase, and the episode ends with Tails and Yoshi running in the same direction, as it sounds like Shadow and Silver are beating the shit out of something.

Looks like the story is getting a little hotter, now!

Also, I must say that the cutscene music is very nice, I love it!

• Thumbs Up 2

VEDJ-F thanks you for telling us about the story mode, its seems interesting and I can't wait for me to try it out when I get the game.

No problemo. Here's the rest of the Challenger story for everyone!

Challenger Episode 2; The Wind Master

-Yoshi and Tails catch up to find the hedgehogs standing there. Jet is surprised to see Sonic there.

-Shadow calls Jet the Legendary Wind Master while asking him why he's there.

-The Heroes suspect that Jet did it, but he claims innocence. He then claims that Sonic did it, but Tails explains that he and Sonic just arrived and stuff.

-Tails and Yoshi ask him to help, but he declines. He then decides that the fog machine must be worth a high price if they after it, so he'll claim it for the Babylon Rogues.

-Silver and Shadow challenge Jet (huh, first time we engaged it), but Jet just insults them. Silver is angry, but Shadow keeps his cool and retains the challenge. Shadow vs Jet now!

-Event is the 3000m Steeplechase. It's weird, but manageable.

-After the win, they compliment each others skills, and Jet agrees to help. Tails asks him to scout for the fog machine...but it turns out that the racehad lead them right to it. Derp a herp.

-Jet tries to break it, but fails epically. This is why you aren't in the main games.

-A mysterious voice that sounds like Bowser then laughs. Oh boy, dis gunna be good! Yoshi identifies it in two seconds. End episode.

Challenger Episode 3; Enter Bowser?! [NB: Hey, Bowser Jr's a Challenger!]

-It turns out, after the heroes turn around, that Bowser Jr does a killer impression of his daddy. It also turns out that he can do that thanks to the power of the evil fog. Gid, what CAN'T this fog do?!

-He asks if they found the laugh chilling, but they just shake their heads and explain that it isn't scary coming from a kid [Yoshi], that he's still a long way to go if he's still hiding in his pop's shadow [silver] and just generally act assholish towards Jr. MEANIES. :<

-Shadow asks if the Fog Machine was one of his tricks, and Bowser Jr claims not to be behind it. He blames his papa.

-Shadow is not surprised at this.

-Silver ups the assholish by asking how a little kid could make a machine like that (TAILS IS STANDING LESS THAN A METRE AWAY YOU FUCKING IDIOT).

-Tails asks everyone to be nice and leave him alone since he's just a little kid, ignoring the fact that Tails is probably the same age.

-Bowser Jr takes it as well as you might expect, and says that he'll tell his papa that they were teasing him. Silver and Yoshi resume their bullying AGAIN. Jr, just skip the frivolties and KICK THEIR ASSES ALREADY.

-They even laugh when he challenges them! I'm sorry, Tails is there, I cannot take this seriously. Nonetheless, Jr promises to tell them where Bowser is if they win.

-Tails is gleeful about the fact Sonic will be able to sit back and wat--NO I'M LOSING ON PURPOSE DICKHEADS.

-So in this technically 3vs1 bout, you only have to do one character's set, but each character has a series of events to compete in. Shadow focuses on running, Yoshi on jumping/floating and Silver on special events. They sounded interesting, so I went with that.

-Trampoline involves moving your character to as close to the centre as possible and pressing A at the right time. Silver's last jump special is pretty neat.

-Basketball is really hard. That's all.

-Floor is easy, just tap, slide and swish to the beat.

-Once that's done, Silver and Yoshi berate Jr more. Shadow asks where Bowser is, but Tails says that the machine should be stopped before anything else. Shadow bashes it to pieces.

-Bowser Jr accidentally lets slip that he knows that he's working with Eggman, but not as to why (because the reason is just too embarassing to tell your kid).

-The heroes decide that it's worth making Jr talk more and get angry. Jr then summons a Bullet Bill and ha ha fuck you all.

-Yoshi goes off to deal with him, while the S/T (Jet decided to depart, and Silver and Shadow decide to check elsewhere) head to the British Museum.

From here, the story paths diverge into one episode. Interesting! And still no sign of Tricksters or Wild Ones yet...

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh Man the Challenger's Episodes sounds so funny, I bet the Tricksters and the Wild Ones have some funny dialogue considering who is in those line ups.

Okay, just done the Heroes episodes. Here they are;

Heroes Episode 1; Mario and Sonic

-The two hero groups meet up straight away...and they're both suspicious that the other group are imposters. S/T realise first since Toad is there, then Mario ignore Toad and he and Sonic do that broclasp thing that was in the trailers.

-With that settled, they tell each other about the phantamal clones. Which conveniently appear out of the wall as they speak, each being a clone of a given hero.

-Challenge time! You have to do FOUR this time. 100m freestyle we've done before as the warm-up. BMX is hard. The jumping is fine, but it's hard to land it right. I got the win second time, though. Sprint is weird. Easy, but weird.Pole vault is fun because it actually feel springy.

-With the clones beat, they disappear. There's more talking and teamwork talk and blah.

-Sonic and Mario open the gates to the British Museum.

Heroes Episode 2; The Secret of the Fog

-The Heroes try to rush inside...only to have to slow down for Toad who's useless. The fog seems extra heavy at the museum, so they're having a look around.

-Toad walks a bit and walks straight into Eggman Nega, who scares him just by looking at him.

-Tails recognises him as Nega while Toad didn't.

-"He came back in time to make trouble, but I thought Sonic and Blaze stopped him for good..." The flying fuck?

-Eggman Nega explains that he was operating the fog machine, but didn't build it (WE KNOW THAT). Tails and Toad want him to stop the machine, but Nega says that he prefers mental gymastics and intellectual weightlifting (ie no exercise). The heroes make a barter with him, and he accepts their challenge.

-With 4 characters in tow, the event is obviously 4x100m relay. It's piss easy.

-One teamwork slogan later, Eggman Nega decides not to tell them where the machine is like he promised, and just disappears. Trololo.

-The search continues...and they find it in two seconds. Huh. Mario abd Sonic do their thing, break the machine, and free the British Museum.

-They decide to go in to look for clues. While in there, Toad gets isolated, and admires the contents of the museum. Then everyone jons up again as Tails thinks that he's figured the secret to the phantasma fog. Apparently, Eggman signed his name on the library check-out list in big fat letters. :/

-It was a book about Archaology in the United Kingdom. It said that the fog was sealed in an urn found in an ancient English ruin. Then we get some more history on it and things get more and more boring until someone stops the conversation. Why thank you, person of interest that doesn't want to hear any m--ESPIOOOOOOOOOOO! :D:D

-Apparently Bowser and Eggman are using their minions to wreak havok, and Espio wants to stop them. Charmy is running recon and appears a second later after Espio said that.

-Charmy found that there were four different locations to this mischief, so Tails decides that they should split up into teams. Espio asks who specifically was doing what where, and Charmy seems to have forgotten.

-They deduce that they're at the four other venues anyway, so split up. Mario goes with Toad, Luigi with Charmy, Sonic flies solo and Tails goes with Espio [later; I'M BLEEDING!]

Here, it splits into four branches. Luigi, Charmy, Mario and Toad are going to deal with the tricksters, while Espio, Tails and Sonic are going to the Wild Ones. Plus, Espio and Tails' first port of call is Donkey Kong...

Tune in next time for the Wild Ones!

• Thumbs Up 3

Lmao poor Bowser Jr. hes one of my faves. Did the bullet bill actually hit them or something? xD cause that would be funny. I find it funny that Tails feels so much "bigger" than Bowser Jr when hes about the same age. And to be honest Bowser Jr is of more use to Bowser than Tails is to Sonic XP Cant wait to hear more.

I got the 3DS version this morning and have had a good amount of hours playing it. So far, i'm liking this version, but some questionable design choices do hold this one back.

So far my favorite events are Aquatics 100m Freestyle, Taekwondo, Balance Beam, Trampoline, BMX, Canoe Slalom (Pair) and Archery. Other events i've played have ranged from being fun but they end far to quickly, or have really questionable controls. Also having only 4 selectable characters in certian events really takes away the freedom of choice and being able to see characters doing sports that would take away all of their dignity for comedic value.

The story mode is easily the selling point of the game. The plot is completly ridiculas but has it's charm and corniness to it. I like some of the character interations so far, especially Wario and Eggman.

I'd say if you like the series, pick it up once it's cheaper. It's a fun game, but sadly some of the design choices do hurt it.

Edited by BlueEagle21

I got the 3DS version this morning and have had a good amount of hours playing it. So far, i'm liking this version, but some questionable design choices do hold this one back.

So far my favorite events are Aquatics 100m Freestyle, Taekwondo, Balance Beam, Trampoline, BMX, Canoe Slalom (Pair) and Archery. Other events i've played have ranged from being fun but they end far to quickly, or have really questionable controls. Also having only 4 selectable characters in certian events really takes away the freedom of choice and being able to see characters doing sports that would take away all of their dignity for comedic value.

The story mode is easily the selling point of the game. The plot is completly ridiculas but has it's charm and corneyness to it. I like some of the character reactions so far, especially Wario and Eggman.

I'd say if you like the series, pick it up once it's cheaper. It's a fun game, but sadly the odd design choices do hurt it.

Can you give like more detail on what the odd designs choices are BlueEagle21?

It's mainly some of the controls on a few events, having only 4 characters to choose in each event and the removal of the Dream Events. Not the the controls on some events are bad as they work well, but some of them just either leave you scratching your head or a bit annoyed.

Weightlifting is one event where it's really quite ridiculas how you play it but it's a laugh. You have to shout into your mic as loud as you can at the right time. Playing it in public will have many people staring at you. Yelling pingas to pick up the weights was to tempting. Some of the events have 3DS gimmik controls which may or may not please many.

Why the Dream Events got removed I have no idea. They were the best part of the series. Taking those out is such a shame.

It's a fun game with a big amount of events to play but it's held back by some questionable design choices and a few events that have some pretty meh controls or they end much to quickly. I'd still give this one a shot if you can look past it's issues.

Edited by BlueEagle21

Another story update!

Wild Ones Episode 1; The Banana Incident

-Donkey is just innocently working out, about to have a post-exercise banana. Suddenly, Tails reports that Omega's gone out of control and WHA HUH SINCE WHEN THE FUCK.

-Espio tells the giant ape to escape, but DK does get what Omega has to do with him.

-Omega collides into DK, which is enough to stop him. DK is fine, of course. Because nobody fucks with DK.

-Espio is peeved because he doesn't know what to do with Omega now. Omega gets up and challenges DK. DK atarts to walk away, Tails tells Omega that he has to stop this, ans Espio says that they'll accept his challenge. DK only bothers to fight because Omega wasted his banana.

-Tails asks Espio what they should do. Espio says that they'll just have to let him handle it. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO ACCEPTED IT, YOU'D BETTER NOT PUSSY OUT.

-DK says he'll honour the banana, Tails cheers supportingly, Espio does nothing.

-The challenge is the wrestling event. Oh my God, is it hard. :/

-Eventually, DK mourns over his empty loss as it won't bring back his banana.

-A part falls out of Omega. it seems to be a brainwahing chip, as Tails deduces (and Espio doesn't).

-When Omega hears that Eggman might have put it in, he's horrified. DK is also mad. Espio explain what Eggman's doing and DK gets madder.

-Espio points out that since the fog is thinning, they must be getting desperate, which is why Omega was used. Omega sounds so upset when he say his line...

-Espio just turns to him surprised and just says "...". He's not impressed.

-DK tell Omega that he has to help beat Eggman before he'll forgive him, and Omega vows to prove himself to the hairy ape. Aw!

-Espio tells Tails that they should hurry to the main stadium, Omega goes with them.

Wild Ones Episode 2; Corner the Koopa King!

-Sonic runs onto a volleyball pitch, when Knuckles calls to him to watch out, before Bowser stamps straight in front of Sonic. Fast start, much?

-Bowser says that he's impressed, before Knuckles comes and insults Sonic a bit. Also Vector, but he hasn't spoken yet.

-When he does, he says that Amy went crying to them, insisting that they scout the area. They found Mr.Turtle, but he managed to escape in the fog.

-Knuckles has an ego trip before Vector affirms that he sent out Espio to give Sonic tip and that they've been waiting for him. So there WAS some degree of communication between them.

-Knuckles tells him to cover one of Bowser's sides, Vector does a weird stance while telling Bowser that he can't run, and Bowser says that he wasn't running away, he was coming for Sonic. Knuckles is agitated when Bowser calls them deluded, but Vector stays calm and comes out with a pretty solid one-liner;

"Yeah, if I can't handle this, I'm not fit to run my Chaotix Detective Agency!"

Another great couple of lines;

Knux: "Think of us as warm-ups and you're liable to get burned!"

Vector: "Because we're about to turn up the heat!"

-Screw Knuckles, I'll just do Vector's two event chains.

-The first one is Weightlifting, it's cool. The second is football, it's not. The third one is rings, it's hilarious when Vector goes splat. The Vector Special is also funny.

-After that, there's another one. The first of the medley is boxing, it's okay. The second is weightlifting, it's been covered. The third is Double Trap, it's ace!

-After all that work, Bowser is apparently confused as to what they're going to do, despite the fog machine that's been sitting behind them all this time. Vector keeps staring at him as Knuckles points it out.

-Bowser gets really huffy here, but Vector stops him doing anything by playing it cool again.

-Bowser's now pretty upset,and doesn't know how he'll explain this to Eggman.

-"No need to thank me. The Chaotix Detective Agency is always on the side of justice!"

-Vector tells Sonic that he and Knuckles will interrogate Bowser, and the episode ends.

Hopefully they mess it up, because Vector hasn't had any bumbling so far, and neither has Espio. Just Charmy...

• Thumbs Up 5

Tricksters now, and we're nearing the end of the story!

Tricksters Episode 1; Waluigi's Ambition

-Waluigi is observing the tennis court with his self-invented Waluigiscopes, with which he intend to watch Luigi with to learn his weaknesses. Right. the Shy Guys call them binoculars and want to borrow them.

-After all, Metal Sonic just walks into the scene and bumps into him. Now that is funny.

-He managed to break Waluigi's binoculars, and after an aggressive encounter, Metal challenges Waluigi.

-Metal suddenly spots Charmy and Luigi. Charmy is making funny comments again. Waluigi continues with his challenge.

-First in my chosen challenge was Badminton (singles). It's not that easy, but it's still monotonous. Next is Handball, I guess it's alright. And then there's Taekwondo, it's awesome.

-Waluigi gloats as Metal SOnic laments his loss. He then runs off, leaving Waluigi confused and still upset over his binoculars. Charmy and Luigi decide to chase after them.

Tricksters Episode 2; Wario's Scheme

-Wario walks into a foggy town and decides it'd be a great place to make money.He plan to sell fast food with a huge mark-up. Of course, the fog is getting in the way of that.

-Right in front of him is a fog machine. He wants to turn it off at first, but then here comes the E.G.G.M.A.N.!

-"Well, if it isn't Dr Egghead."

-Wario and Eggman dispute over the territory, which devolves into bickering. Eggman decides to challenge Wario.

-There's just one challenge, but it has FIVE EVENTS. Ugh. Long Jump; Okay. 1000m Kayak; Mario Party all over again! Handball; Been there. 25m Parid Fire Pistol; Cool. Taekwondo; Done that.

-When Wario wins, Mario and Toad show up. They do fuck all as Wario tries to bust the fog machine...but it's a hologram!

-Wario chases down Eggman for that pratfall.

Tricksters Episode 3; Stop Dr. Eggman!

-Wario and Waluigi meet each other chasing down Metal and Eggman. Their exchange is short at first, but then Waluigi propositions him with a monetary reward, so he agrees.

-Eggman is by the real fog machine, lamenting his detours. he goes over to confront the two with Metal Sonic not far behind. They all start arguing, and Toad, Mario, Luigi and Charmy have managed to catch up.

-Charny wants to stop them, but Mario tells them that they should watch.

-The tricksters keep arguing.

-For this challenge, I went for Synchronised Platform Diving. It's decent and easy, so what can I say after that 5-event marathon?

-Eggman and Metal Sonic clap their foes. Eggman is conficent that he can get away, but Wario has another plan! He's going to destory the now unguarded machine! Oops!

-Eggman is devastated.

Event; Clear Skies Again

-Everyone on the WO teama that had been recruited return to the stadium.

-"Indeed. Nothing better than the satisfaction of a good day's work!"~The reason Espio doesn't want to quit.

-The trickster teams also return.

-Omochao introduces Toad to Omega.

-Omega owes his gratitude to DK for the repairs. Aww!

-Charmy has to admit to Espio that he did nothing at all. Oh well, they all laugh.

-Everyone goes to get the other competitors.

-As Knuckles tries to punch Bowser, he discovers that it's a hologram! Oh noes!

-And Wario and Waluigi find the same thing with Eggman! Egads!

-The real villains are still in Big Ben with the main fog machine. Eggman has another trick up his sleeve; he can turbo the main machine to make 10x as much fog!

-When Eggman presses the button however, it backfires onto them! "Whoa, whoa! You sure this thing's safe, Eggy?!"

-The fog powers them up for some reason, and the game is on again as fog pours out of Big Ben!

• Thumbs Up 3

And yet more stuff!

Heroes Episode 3; A Rainbow in Fog

-Everyone stumbles around with no dialogue as they manage to eventually meet up again.

-They try to figure out the new source, and Tails notices that the fog is a different colour.

-A voice cries out, and it turns out to be...Cream and Cheese! Except she's being confronted by phantasmal clones! She's attacked while two Shy Guys panic!

-The heroes come in the nick of time to stop them.

-Again with four challenges, I went for 100m freestyle, Sprint, 20km Race Walk (hilarious, I wish I could do it with Vector) and Horizontal Bar (meh).

-The clones disappear straight away, and Cream thanks them.

-they wonder about the last fog machine until Omega remembers that he met the minions, and that recalled a site with large stones. So, time to go to Stonehenge!

-Omochao gives Toad a walkie-talkie before they set off.

Heroes Episode 4; To The Ruins!

-The Heroes (and Omega and Toad) arrive there, but then Froggy flies across fast as lightning!

...bear with me here.

-The heroes find a magikoopa in the fog. Omega goes to question the magikoopa, but it thinks Omega's still a minion. He's surprised to see the heroes there!

-Magikoopa challenges Omega to an Olympic event...but then Sonic steps in, avoiding the awesome fight of Omega vs Magikoopa.

-This challenge is BMXing! I actually got the landing down right this time, so it was easy.

-After the challenge, Magikoopa blasts Omega away. Dick.

-The heroes see if he's okay, and then Big spots them. Woot.

-Big apparently made his own way to see England.

-It turns out that Big saved Omega with his big belly. Huh.

-Magikoopa escapes...slightly, since he only floats up to talk to Lakitu, apparently they're looking for a lid...

-Omega recalls this as he remembers that he was sent to deliver the urn to Eggman. Bowser apparently messed it up a little.

-Omega finally reveals the main hiding spot of the villains, and then he recall that the lid is nearby. Omega tells the heroes to seal the urn.

-Big wishes the guys good luck as they go to Big Ben, and Toad thanks him.

-Froggy turns up finally. Looks a bit like his Adventure model. Big shoves him into the hammerspace in his...ass.

Heroes Episode 5; The Promise to Toad

-When the Heroes get to London, Omega warns them that the fog is dangerously dense. More fucking phantasmal clones of the heroes show up.

-Only three need to be done this time, but most of them are in three event medleys! I won't even bother listing all the pain right now.

-After all THAT, the clones disappear again. Toad appears to have been suffering health problems, but now the fog is thinner he can make it to Big Ben...only he falls a second later. Loser.

-Toad gives Tails that walkie talkie, and Omega say he'll take him to the Main Stadium, leaving just the main 4.

Next part will be the FINAL episode and ending!

• Thumbs Up 3