Awoo.

Rumour: Sony's E3 lineup leaked

Badnik Mechanic

So theres a big rumour doing the rounds, and it basically involves some dude who for the past two years has accurately predicted Sony's E3 lineup.

I've put in bold the most interesting of the rumours.

The rumours are...

* Sony will confirm the official name, pricing and release date of the NGP (We kinda figured that would happen)

* There will be 7 first party titles revealed for the NGP

* Hideo Kojima's NGP project likely to be Peace Walker

* The Wipeout engine has been perfectly ported over to the NGP and you can expect the release of the game in the first quarter of the NGP's launch (if thats the PS3 version, then it would give people a very good idea as to just what the NGP will be capable of once devs get used to it.)

* Another new Metal Gear Solid game (Not Rising or Peace Walker)

* There are 37 titles in the working for Sony platforms, but most will not be revealed until a European event (likely Gamescom)

* Sony will reveal titles that will not be available until Christmas 2012 at E3 (thats not too strange considering all the conferences do this, third party and first party studios alike all do this)

* Santa Monica Studios will be on board, Possible announcement of a new God of War title. But don't expect much more information about the title.

* A sequel to Warhawk will be revealed before E3 (I think it's SpaceHawk, but only going on rumours going back years for that one)

* 2 PS3 exclusives won't be presented at E3 but will be available before the end of the year in Europe

* Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3 and The Last Guardian will be playable at E3 (lol so they bloody well should!)

* Polyphony Digital are returning with a new title before March 2012

* Polyphony would like to make Europe a privilege for its next title. "Please don't underestimate their work even if they deceived some of you."

* Grand Theft Auto 5. A Rockstar game, probably GTA V, could be released before Agent was planned to be.

* A third party title is in a "big battle" with Sony. The developers seem to be Bungie, so the game would be their next project with Activision.

Source

Secondly...

This is not from the same person, but it's likely to be announced at E3.

* New HD collection to be released. No details other than it's a "Major PS franchise"

Finally... Website KickArss has a list of confirmed and rumoured games which will appear at E3... the list includes Resident Evil 6.

7 first party titles? Gawd dayum.

And the wipeout engine was perfectly ported to the NGP.

We have yet another technological juggeraut from Sony it seems.

The biggest problem I always had with Sony's E3 conferences is the fact that they were always too keen on blowing their load too early. Last year I felt that so many announcements they were eager to get out were wasted surprises by revealing them months prior (LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3 come to mind) which would have been amazing to show off on E3 as first reveals, turning most of their shows into arbitrary demos, commercials for commercials or boring clipshows which would have been much more interesting if they actually had bombshell-tier announcements like Nintendo's last year. There were no surprises, only an announcement about Portal 2 being on PS3 which was largely disappointing for the fact that they managed to get Gabe to call off the Valve show which at the time would have given us much more insight on the game to make up for surprise reveals.

This lineup sounds pretty exciting though. I'll be looking forward to what they have in store this year, and hopefully we'll get some news on The Last Guardian.

Peace Walker?! What? Is it a re-release or something?

Also another new metal gear? I'd rather have new infomation on rising but ok if kojima is running it then by all means. Maybe it'll be the Metal Gear 1 & 2 re-makes we have all been waiting for!

Maybe it'll be the Metal Gear 1 & 2 re-makes we have all been waiting for!

But they already remade the first Metal Gear solid game.

Saw this a bit ago, and interesting enough. See how it all goes, though I will note Resident Evil 6 being listed there likely means nothing. I could go more into it, and I did, but best I edit that since I'm actually not sure if I'm allowed to say that.

Edited by Dusk Golem

There were no surprises, only an announcement about Portal 2 being on PS3 which was largely disappointing for the fact that they managed to get Gabe to call off the Valve show which at the time would have given us much more insight on the game to make up for surprise reveals.

This lineup sounds pretty exciting though. I'll be looking forward to what they have in store this year, and hopefully we'll get some news on The Last Guardian.

In fairness though, when Gabe said "Steamworks for the PS3"

It kinda flew over everyones heads, but in the last week we've actually got details as to what the PS3 version is going to be, it was actually quite a major thing but without seeing it in action it did kinda just become a "OMG PORTAL 2... oh and steamworks... BUT PORTAL 2!"

Also another new metal gear? I'd rather have new infomation on rising but ok if kojima is running it then by all means. Maybe it'll be the Metal Gear 1 & 2 re-makes we have all been waiting for!

Whilst I like the MGS games, if the rumour list is to be believed,

then I'm more interested in the new God of War (if that does end up being the title), only because Kratos' story for the most part ended in GOW 3. Even if you don't believe he 'he died' ending, his revenge is over so I'm a little curious as to if they'll bring him back of if theres to be a new God of War.

Now as a spoiler because it turns out that a game which is over a year old, widely talked about, has this particular spoiler printed on the back of the box as well as the original press release that came announced the game still needs a spoiler.

Edited by Hogfather

But they already remade the first Metal Gear solid game.

Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid.

In fairness though, when Gabe said "Steamworks for the PS3"

It kinda flew over everyones heads, but in the last week we've actually got details as to what the PS3 version is going to be, it was actually quite a major thing but without seeing it in action it did kinda just become a "OMG PORTAL 2... oh and steamworks... BUT PORTAL 2!"

Whilst I like the MGS games, if the rumour list is to be believed, then I'm more interested in the new God of War (if that does end up being the title),

only because Kratos' story for the most part ended in GOW 3. Even if you don't believe he 'he died' ending, his revenge is over so I'm a little curious as to if they'll bring him back of if theres to be a new God of War.

I don't play the God of War games, but shouldn't that plot stuff at the end be spoiler tagged? :P

I don't play the God of War games, but shouldn't that be spoiler tagged :P

I haven't gotten God of War 3 yet but thanks for that... Of the lousy shit to happen getting spoiled in a fucking E3 rumors thread...

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I haven't gotten God of War 3 yet but thanks for that... Of the lousy shit to happen getting spoiled in a fucking E3 rumors thread...

Sorry. I guess I should have pm'd Hogfather, rather than quote and bold the spoiler bit. I didn't think that through properly :blush:

7 party games huh? Any chance one of them will be good?

7 first party games, not party games.

Sorry. I guess I should have pm'd Hogfather, rather than quote and bold the spoiler bit. I didn't think that through properly

The game has been out for over a year.

Are we supposed to put spoiler tags on every tom dick and harry game that we want to talk about or even reference?

The game has been out for over a year.

Are we supposed to put spoiler tags on every tom dick and harry game that we want to talk about or even reference?

I just think it's best to be careful with game endings, but that's just me, and my quote of it's already just spoiled it for Silencer226 before I tagged it. Over a year isn't really that long a time in my opinion, because some folks might have been waiting to get it cheaper down the line, rather than get it at around full price in the first year. I've still got a back log of games and there's many many games I wanted last year that I couldn't afford, but still plan to get, so I definitely wouldn't want to see spoilers of games released last year.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Not telling you how you should act here :)

7 first party games, not party games.

*Facepalmx12* I really don't know how I misread that.

I can confirm with 99.95% accuracy the list is completely made up bullshit.

If any of them comes true it's either because:

a)They were obvious as hell

b)Known for some time

c)Pure dumb luck

Maybe I'm behind but what is NGP?

Next Generation Portable.

Or as it was known for a while PSP 2.

Edit: God be praised... 3 replies at exactly 08:13 PM for the same thing.

TIS A SIGN! *Runs for the hills*

Edited by Hogfather

* New HD collection to be released. No details other than it's a "Major PS franchise"

Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank...

Oh please let it be Ratchet & Clank... DX

• Thumbs Up 1

Next Generation Portable.

Or as it was known for a while PSP 2.

Edit: God be praised... 3 replies at exactly 08:13 PM for the same thing.

TIS A SIGN! *Runs for the hills*

Hmmm interesting. Not like I'm gonna look into a PSP anytime soon. But it's good to know what it meant. Thank the 3 of you who posted at the same time.

Oh goody.

It'll be nice to see Sony announce some of the games we will be able to get next year. If only to get a bit of insurance against a potential drop off. Last time Sony dropped the software hammer, we ran into a bit of a dry spell after it was done. With the hammer looming again this year, it will be assuring to see the momentum carry over into the next calendar cycle.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Odds are more likely its Ratchet & Clank as it's been something rumored for quite some time.

Fair enough, as I didn't know of those rumours! :)

That said, the HD Classics range usually aim for a more serious audience. We've had God of War, Lara Croft Tomb Raider, and lately Splinter Cell... I guess I was thinking more along the lines of "What old PlayStation2 videogame went alongside all those?"

I guess we'll all find out, come June!

Thank you kindly for the reality check, though, Carbo. :) I'd have gotten myself all excited otherwise! :D