Awoo.

Rumour: Sony's E3 lineup leaked

Badnik Mechanic

Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank...

Oh please let it be Ratchet & Clank... DX

Final Fantasy 7.

I can dream, can't I?

I actually think the HD collection it might be Syphon Filter.

If they're going for a major PS franchise, that one is quite a few years old and they still promote it quite a bit. I can't remember the magazine but there has been something teased and it did sound a lot like Syphon Filter.

I actually think the HD collection it might be Syphon Filter.

If they're going for a major PS franchise, that one is quite a few years old and they still promote it quite a bit. I can't remember the magazine but there has been something teased and it did sound a lot like Syphon Filter.

Not happening.

PSM3 magazine is also claiming that a new source who works very closely with the God of War team has confirmed to them that GOW 4 is in development and has a tentative release date of September 2012.

Typically, an announcement of a new game at E3 usually does end up having a year and a bit of development left to it (depending on complexity). If GOW 4 is to be announced this year at E3 as this other source claims, the claim by PSM3 magazine would tie into that announcement quite well.

God of War 4?

But.....why.

I thought GoW3 ended everything. I mean how can you make a sequel to a game where all the main characters died? (fuck spoiler tags the game's been out for ages).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The God Of War series in general as a story lost its meaning halfway through the second game. At this point I honestly couldn't care less about what excuse they have to make another sequel as long as it's still good.

Edited by Carbo

God of War 4?

But.....why.

I thought GoW3 ended everything. I mean how can you make a sequel to a game where all the main characters died? (fuck spoiler tags the game's been out for ages).

They need to change the setting. They could make GoW4 be during a Persian invasion of Greece, involving their pantheon of gods doing battle with Greek gods/goddesses. Hell, they could do a Norse GoW, that could well prove very popular, or maybe have the game set during the era of the Babylonian/Assyrian empires involving exclusively their gods.

God of War 4?

But.....why.

Ask Onimusha 4 that. They somehow made a sequal to that after 3 appearently wrapped things up. So anythings possiable with time skipping!

He said Metal Gear Solid.

Not Metal Gear.

EDIT: HARHAR. Not my fault you can't take a joke.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

God of War 4?

But.....why.

It did end the whole RAWR I AM KRATOS! AND I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE! story, but in terms of 'is kratos dead?' Theres a bit of a grey area there, when you see what happens to him at the end, it looks like he's finally been freed, and then he 'dies'(?) but after the credits, the body is gone.

So the door is certainly open for his return.

But whatever the story is, it can't possibly be about revenge. Mind you, there are rumours that it they might be finally doing a game based on the teaser which was in the very first GOW game, the one that shows the body of the titan being found by 21st century explorers/military.

EDIT: HARHAR. Not my fault you can't take a joke.

But you've not posted anything funny yet. And that was 9 days ago... bit desperate isn't it?

That would be a tenuous plot link at best.

What would be so wrong with relocating the series to an earlier or later time period and dealing with other civilisations and other pantheons of gods and, therefore, other stories and other plots? There's just as much potential in Norse or Egyptian or Mesopotamian mythology, or indeed in a modern rediscovery of any of those as Hoggy pointed out, as there is in Greco-Roman mythology.

Didn't Kratos have a brother or something

I could be wrong, but I think that the PSP GOW games deal with this side of the story. I might be wrong, not played them myself (not yet anyway) but I seem to remember reading it somewhere.

But one thing that GOW did tell us, Kratos would watch over men who went to war for decades to come, in the cut scene we see him watching over the entire history of man right up until WW2 and a few flashes of modern day conflict.

But... with GOW 2 and now GOW 3's plot, this does raise questions as to if Kratos could really continue being the God of War, there are other mythologies which means there can be a 'new' God of War, but if his name would be Kratos is questionable.

I want it to be Kratos, but with everything thats happened in GOW 2 and 3, it's questionable if it should be him.

It would be interesting if there was a new protagonist and you had to take down Kratos for title of God of War.

• 3 weeks later...

The prophercy continues to be fulfilled.

StarHawk has finally been confirmed after years of rumours.And like the prediction said, it would be announced just before E3.

So lets have a look, we've got a big chance GOW 4 will be there, Starhawk has been announced when predicted. Also taking a notice from the project cafe topic (GTA 5 rumours), it does indeed look like this list is indeed very accurate.

Edited by Hogfather