Awoo.

Characters you'd like to see in Sonic Generations?

Shade Vortex

We all know many of us are tired of this "Sonic Only" BS that Sega's been doing for a while now, so I'm sure this topic is warranted for meaningful discussion. Now, I'm not going to assume that there ARE going to be more characters than just Modern and Classic Sonic, but this topic is more of a wishlist for characters you would want to see in the game, even if there doesn't end up being any other characters.

Oh, and please, no flaming or anything, respect other people's opinions. Bashing a character or bashing someone for suggesting a character should be in is a big no-no, even if it's Shadow or Big, or hell, if someone wants to see a Flicky as a playable character, that's their business and their opinion should be respected.

As for me, I'd really like to see Tails and Knuckles. Why? Because that's the triple threat, plus the three characters I grew to respect as a child. Team Sonic's got brains, brawn and athleticism on their side, and with these attributes, they can't be stopped. Plus, Tails' flying ability really comes in handy in a lot of cases, and Knuckles' gliding does too!

If this topic is pointless, or somehow against the rules, or whatever, I apologize in advance, and fully respect any decision staff might make, such as closing the topic.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

I want to see Eggman.

I HAD to!

I think it can be guessed who I'd want to see extra aside from Tails.

I'd like to see some of the more recent characters show up.

Blaze, Shadow and perhaps Silver would be nice. Tails and Knuckles absolutely need to be playable, their classic counterparts included.

Oh, and It'd be sweet to play as Metal Sonic.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Generations sub-forums plz.

Seeing as we don't know how the game will work story-wise (if there even is one infact), I don't know. Hopefully we'll get the main trio playable in both their modern and classic forms. That's what I'm most bothered about. And then I wouldn't say not to anyone else, even if they're just skins.

I'd say this is one of those rare times when I would say it doesn't really matter.

I mean, they brought out Classic Sonic of all people to be around for this game. Makes me wonder how they're going to justify that plotwise.

But because of that, any character's okay with me. That includes Knuckles...yeah, you heard me right. So far, he's getting a pass for this game.

But since I'm going that way, I want my Shadow and Blaze. And if Metal Sonic is given more than the underwhelming junk he's been getting, him too.

I hope to see Tails, Knuckles(Either classic, modern, or both.), and Silver(Im' a fan of Silver. I know it won't happen, but oh well.)

Well...

Characters I'd like to see:

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman - that's obvious.

Then Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega, Metal Sonic, Blaze, Silver, Shade and maybe Marine.

Ok, most of all I want to see Shadow, E-123 Omega, Metal Sonic, Blaze, Silver and Shade.

I suppose, we won't see all these characters I mentioned in generations, but I hope there won't be just Sonic and his classic friends. Gimme some modern characters [shadow is a must of course] and I'll be happy. And I mean, not as just some NPC's like in colors DS, but at least as unlockable skins or best of all as playable characters involved in the story. [i saw no indications of decent story after watching the teaser, but maybe we'll actually get the good story in the end].

Well, for this one game, unless the focus is using modern and classic versions of multiple characters, and not just Sonic, I'd like to see... well, just Sonic, modern and classic, as the only playable characters. Only because I don't wanna see the focus pulled away from Sonic, like it was in the 10th and 15th anniversary titles. However, regardless of what happens, I'd love to see Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and the rest of the core cast to appear, maybe so they can see their classic counterparts, or something along those lines.

If this happens, I hope classic Knuckles beats the shit out of modern Knuckles for being a complete, dopey dipshit. Seriously.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails, Knuckles, Orbot, Silver, Marine, Bark, Captain Whiskers - I'll be happy to see anyone really... as long as I don't have to play as them... Please?

I like my Sonic-only bullshit... 8D;; (Optional is acceptable)

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to see NPC cameos from every character, even Fang and Mighty, but am only interested in playing as Knuckles and Tails.

Unless SEGA is saving them for Sonic 4.

edit: A-ha! Like Unleashed adventure fields set in classic Sonic environments with secondary characters acting as NPCs! So Angel Island would feature Knuckles, the Chaotix and Tails.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Well, for this one game, unless the focus is using modern and classic versions of multiple characters, and not just Sonic, I'd like to see... well, just Sonic, modern and classic, as the only playable characters. Only because I don't wanna see the focus pulled away from Sonic, like it was in the 10th and 15th anniversary titles. However, regardless of what happens, I'd love to see Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and the rest of the core cast to appear, maybe so they can see their classic counterparts, or something along those lines.

If this happens, I hope classic Knuckles beats the shit out of modern Knuckles for being a complete, dopey dipshit. Seriously.

I don't think the focus pulled too much away from Sonic in Sa2, I think everyone got a fair amount of screen time in that game, even Amy who wasn't even a playable character.

And Knuckles seems to be slowly slipping away from idiocy recently.

It should be noted that I opened this topic too...just saiyan.

Anyway, as much as I've enjoyed Unleashed & Colors, I kinda want the focus to be on more than one character, screw what the media says I miss the extended cast dammit. I don't care if they're even playable, I just want them to have a purpose again, I mean you go through all the trouble of making these characters, then when someone says they're bad, you put them on the shelf? Hell no, you say "Screw you guys" and put them in anyway, its just a matter of good writing is all.

Edited by Shadic93

I don't wanna see the focus pulled away from Sonic, like it was in the 10th and 15th anniversary titles.

This...

....and this.

But in the spirit of the topic, I'd like to have Knuckles, Espio, and Blaze.

I don't care so long as its been well made and most importantly; OPTIONAL.

As long as I can happily complete the main story (Sonic's story) without having to play another character, I'll be fine. By that I mean Final boss included. I don't want to have to complete 5 different stories just to beat the final boss. Each story should have a self-contained final boss.

If there is a secret final final boss; chaos emeralds.

I don't care so long as its been well made and most importantly; OPTIONAL.

As long as I can happily complete the main story (Sonic's story) without having to play another character, I'll be fine. By that I mean Final boss included. I don't want to have to complete 5 different stories just to beat the final boss. Each story should have a self-contained final boss.

If there is a secret final final boss; chaos emeralds.

Personally I'd like there to be one main story where you can switch the characters out based on the story development, say for instance you choose a stage, then another screen ask you which character do you want to play as, and you can cycle between them, you can play and beat the whole game as Sonic, or anyone else if you felt like it, and obviously Sonic would get the final boss.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh Orbot, Cubot, and Metal Sonic?

Edited by Balding Spider

The characters I'd like to see the most in Generations are Metal Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Although I'd be cool with any character showing up really, as long as it's handled well.

All I want is Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

I don't want just Sonic, that's getting old and I think is quite stupid. But I also don't want Sonic and his 9999+ friends, such as Rouge, Big, Blaze, Silver, Vector, Charmy, Espio, Bob, Bill, Obama, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Bowser, Charizard, Kirby, Alex Kidd, Vectorman, NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, Ghetsis, and Shadow to be in the game, like what was happening with all Sonic games before Unleashed.

Seriously SEGA, why can't you give us the original three, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles? That is ALL I would like.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gimme Fang the Sniper. :E

If there's gonna be a classic throwback and if the classic 'verse is treated as its own reality or time period, I'd love to see classic characters involved, even if it's just a cameo But most of all, I want Fang because he's the most unique of the scrapped characters, I feel, and it'd be great to see some zany antics from him.

I forgot the most important character I wanted to also see: classic Eggman. My guess on the plot is that modern Eggman, to try and eliminate Sonic forever, devises away to contact his past self, perhaps by creating a window in time via Chaos Control, and as they wreak havoc through time, it puts enough stress on time that causes the fading effect we saw. So yeah, if modern and classic Sonic Team up, I think past and new Eggmen should as well.

Hell, what would be even cooler is if maybe the 2 Eggmen work together to modify/create a new Metal Sonic as the tool to eliminate Sonic, and only both Sonics have the chops to take it down, and that warrants the team up? I dunno, again, shots in the dark here...

Edited by EXshad

Seriously SEGA, why can't you give us the original three, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles? That is ALL I would like.

Maybe because that's not all that everyone else would like? Isn't that bit obvious?

It's one thing to say what you want, but don't include the word "us" as if others shouldn't settle for anything else. That doesn't come off very good.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3