Awoo.

Characters you'd like to see in Sonic Generations?

Shade Vortex

I'm dying to see shadow return in HD (not counting spin offs). 06 was his last appearance and that only hurt him because the game in general was fucked. I would love to see sonic (black and green eyes), shadow, knux and tails return. I don't have a problem with Omega or metal returning either. And if Tails and knux shows up you already know Amy wont be to far behind. I guess I don't mind most of the cast but rouge, cream and Big (expecting TONS of hate for this). Just give me a real Sonic (green or black eyes) shadow, knux and Tails game. Make it happen Sega!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I want all recurring characters in it. And Fang.

Kind of sad if no one shows up to poor Sonic's anniversary party.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yeah. As far I as know it's Shadow's, Rouge's, Silver's and Eggman's anniversary as well! Well, Eggman will be in it, all right, but what about the others?

For this special ocation I would like to play as everyone! (while not being plot related, if there is a plot at all)

Playable Professor Pickles must be awesome!

For this game, i primarily want to see the pre-Adventure cast, since there might be a chance that these characters classic designs will return along with Sonic's. Classic Tails especially, since he is by far the cutest character ever designed for the franchise.

Edited by batson

The chances of anyone aside from Tails appearing are slim, and even then we still might just get Sonic as the only playable character anyway. I at least want Tails & Knuckles playable.

Btw I think this topic is kinda misleading, because isn't this more about more playable characters rather than just appearing? If that's the case, every character in the franchise may appear, but Sonic may still be the only playable character.

For playables I want Tails, Knuckles dammit(Amy too, but I think that's pushing it). I welcome anyone else, but that's all who I'm gunning for considering this game's intended purpose.

The chances of anyone aside from Tails appearing are slim, and even then we still might just get Sonic as the only playable character anyway. I at least want Tails & Knuckles playable.

Btw I think this topic is kinda misleading, because isn't this more about more playable characters rather than just appearing? If that's the case, every character in the franchise may appear, but Sonic may still be the only playable character.

For playables I want Tails, Knuckles dammit(Amy too, but I think that's pushing it). I welcome anyone else, but that's all who I'm gunning for considering this game's intended purpose.

Why do think you it's unlikely that anyone but Sonic will appear? If anything, this is the title for other characters to appear.

Why do think you it's unlikely that anyone but Sonic will appear? If anything, this is the title for other characters to appear.
It certainly could be (if they just invoke "weird time-space shit" to explain things, literally anyone can appear), but it's entirely possible they can take the opposite route and stick with "just Sonic", for the sake of exploring the interactions between them in more detail (or because they've been made cowards by poor reception and fan whining).

In terms of playable characters, I want to see Sonic, Tails and Knuckles and maybe Amy, and several variations of such.

Storywise, I'd pretty much want to see as many character ever created in any Sonic thing ever made as possible, even if just for mere cameos, which I'm betting will be the case. This should be a game that celebrates every single bit of the 20 year history of the Sonic franchise, not just the games.

It certainly could be (if they just invoke "weird time-space shit" to explain things, literally anyone can appear), but it's entirely possible they can take the opposite route and stick with "just Sonic", for the sake of exploring the interactions between them in more detail (or because they've been made cowards by poor reception and fan whining).

I'm going off the assumption that we'll be revisiting old levels. It would be immensely lame to be limited to just Sonic in a nostalgia game.

Perhaps my opening post was a bit misleading with the whole "We all know many of us are tired of this "Sonic Only" BS that Sega's been doing for a while now" thing, but this topic is not primarily implying playable characters, so it's not really a misleading topic, but the discussion can also be about playable characters into the mix, as that's not off-topic.

Speaking of characters I'd want to see, but one I wouldn't really want to be playable, is the old school Mecha Sonic from S3&K, possibly as a boss again. Same with Metal Sonic, though I'd like him to be a playable character, even if he'd be just another skin for Sonic.

Edited by Shade Vortex

I'm going off the assumption that we'll be revisiting old levels. It would be immensely lame to be limited to just Sonic in a nostalgia game.

Well Sega have been bitched by the media, so they probably aren't going to be using a lot of characters for this, we'll be lucky if Tails & Knuckles do appear, AND are playable. It would be a shame too, because what's the point of having all of these characters if you're not going to use them. I'm not saying I want another 06 or Heroes where there are 12 playable characters, but I at least want to play as at least 3-5 more characters in addition to Sonic.

I would like to see Tails make a return appearance for this game. Possibly knuckles. I also would like to see the return of Eggman (times two!), and if the plot demands it, Knuckles and Amy. Outside of those, I don't think anyone else is needed.

I'm more interested in how these levels are going to turn out.

Edited by the blu blur

But I also don't want Sonic and his 9999+ friends, such as Rouge, Big, Blaze, Silver, Vector, Charmy, Espio, Bob, Bill, Obama, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Bowser, Charizard, Kirby, Alex Kidd, Vectorman, NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, Ghetsis, and Shadow to be in the game, like what was happening with all Sonic games before Unleashed.

*starts imagining that N met the Sonic characters*

N: Yes, I know that Pokémon hate being with trainers because I can understand them. I caught a Sonic-mon and a Tails-mon last year and they really hated being stuck inside the Poké Balls. That's how I know I'm fighting for good.

(somebody please slap me)

*ahem* On topic: Like others have said, I'd probably only want Sonic and Tails, and maybe Knuckles to be playable, if even that many. Though, the reason why I don't want many playable characters isn't because I hate the Sonic cast, it's because I feel Sega should focus their efforts on making one playstyle perfect before adding new ones. I would however like to see all the other major characters included in the game as cameos, but hopefully have more screen time than the Colours DS cameos.

The classic duo of Sonic and Tails would be good enough for me, however i'd much prefer Tails to play similar to SA1 as opposed to using those bloody dummy rings or being in a mech. <_< Also Knuckles would be cool as an added bonus. Classic Tails and Knux would be amazing however! :)

I've always said that Sonic Team should finish and polish up Sonic's gameplay as best they can, before they even consider another character being playable.

In 3D, Sonic's gameplay is moving closer and closer to being what it should be, but is still far from being perfect. I've always said mixing SA1/2/Heroes with Unleashed/Colours would be the best bet. They can start with that and improve and hone it, till its rock-solid.

Once they have that, then they can build other gameplay from those foundations.

The last thing I want is Sonic's gameplay feeling unfinished because the Team decided to put in Tails and Knuckles, and had to waste development time on them, rather than fixing Sonic's gameplay.

However, this doesn't mean excluding them from the plot. Sonic looks and sounds retarded when talking to himself, as Colours so eloquently demonstrated. Having Tails, Knux, Shadow, and so on to interact with would mean for better dialogue and less cringing.

When they have got Sonic's gameplay down and are fleshing out other characters' gameplay, they should make it optional. I shouldn't have to play as x, y or z characters if I don't want to. By this I also mean, each characters "Story" have its own self-contained final boss. Any "Extra final boss" should be relegated to Chaos Emerald collection rather than SA1's Heroes and 06's "Complete all the stories" bullshit. I shouldn't have to play as anyone I don't want to play as to see the final, final boss (think S3K and Advance)

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Shadow, he's the only character that has the abilty to match Sonic's game mechanics, Tails and Knux would be awkward to play with the boost. They could be NPC's.

Shadow, he's the only character that has the abilty to match Sonic's game mechanics, Tails and Knux would be awkward to play with the boost. They could be NPC's.

Assuming we have any idea how the game will play, eh?