Awoo.

Characters you'd like to see in Sonic Generations?

Shade Vortex

Shadow, he's the only character that has the abilty to match Sonic's game mechanics, Tails and Knux would be awkward to play with the boost. They could be NPC's.

And in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic couldn't fly/glide, so what's your point? Different character, different abilities. If Shadow or any other character was playable, I'd hope they would have their own individual movesets that added a different dimension to the gameplay. Otherwise, what's the point? :/

My guess is that Sonic and Tails will take the primary role similar to Unleashed and Colors, and Knuckles will make more of a side appearance similar to Amy in SU.

Edited by ChikaBoing

I would like to go back to what SA2 had, a Dark Story and a Light Story. With Generations, however this would be limited to Classic Sonic and Modern for the light side and Classic Eggman and modern Eggman for the dark side. This is providing that this is how the game would play out, who knows - classic Sonic could be kidnapped or something else like I dunno... second co-op player.

I mean what could be better for an anniversary than to play as the two starter originals?

Who would I love to see? Honestly? Don't laugh now- Johnny and Whisker. Seriously. I loved Johnny because he was like Metal Sonic, but with a personality of his own. Then again, I have a soft spot for nearly ALL the robots, so... eh.

Tails and Knuckles, why does it have to be those two? Is there some law that states that Sonic has to be with characters from genesis titles in every main stream Sonic game just because their not recolored or a useless animal of the week?

• Thumbs Up 2

Purely fanservice, me thinks. If it wasn't the big Anniversary game, I'm sure the people who say Knuckles shouldn't be in the game unless he had a very good reason as he's supposed t be guarding the Master Emerald wouldn't suddenly change heir tune because Unleashed and Colours Wii went without him...right?

Edit: Just for future's sake, I'm not saying fanservice has to be bad.

Edited by VEAM-F

Tails and Knuckles, why does it have to be those two? Is there some law that states that Sonic has to be with characters from genesis titles in every main stream Sonic game just because their not recolored or a useless animal of the week?

Because Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are the original heroes and have a very big fan-following. And even more so since Tails and Knuckles have been pretty neglected since Heroes. Neither of them have been properly playable in any main games since then, and heck, Knuckles hasn't been in any of the main stories since 06.

Well seeing as this game is looking to mesh the classic and modern worlds together, it would make sense to focus on characters that appeared in both eras... Amy also applies~

If it wasn't the big Anniversary game, I'm sure the people who say Knuckles shouldn't be in the game unless he had a very good reason as he's supposed t be guarding the Master Emerald wouldn't suddenly change heir tune because Unleashed and Colours Wii went without him...right?
I still think that. That is, I don't think it being an anniversary game gives them the right to just throw him in without explanation like they did in '06 (which, keep in mind, was also an anniversary game). Though if he does show up with some reasonable explanation I'd be fine with it.

Just thought. I'd like this game to have a story and lots of characters purely for the sake of Rouge. Such an under-loved character with such an awesome voice as of last year.

Purely fanservice, me thinks. If it wasn't the big Anniversary game, I'm sure the people who say Knuckles shouldn't be in the game unless he had a very good reason as he's supposed t be guarding the Master Emerald wouldn't suddenly change heir tune because Unleashed and Colours Wii went without him...right?

Wrong actually. That notion was developed even before Sonic 06 came into the fray, it only picked up momentum after Secret Rings. It came as a result of people bashing other characters and wanting them to stay out unless they had a good reason, all while having these same people turn around and unfairly make characters they like the sole exception out of sheer seniority even if they had the same problems.

Because Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are the original heroes and have a very big fan-following.

How does that make them a requirement though? I think that's what he was asking.

Other characters like Shadow have a very big fan-following, and I'm sure folks wouldn't be in support of that. As for being original heroes, I personally wouldn't give them that title. They were the earliest, that can't be denied, but that's about it.

Neither of them have been properly playable in any main games since then, and heck, Knuckles hasn't been in any of the main stories since 06.

He's not the only one, dude.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Well, considering with have the classic literation of Sonic appearing, it's likely that other characters will have the same situation applied to them. The thought of Modern and Classic Eggman teaming up has been discussed already, so I won't talk about that, but what about Tails, Knux and Amy having their classic selves appear along with them. It could lead to some rather hillarious situations, especially involving M.Amy and C.Sonic. The interactions would be interesting to see as well, perhaps with M.Amy acting as a small maternal figure to C.Amy? The possibilites involving these characters could be endless in terms of interaction and fanservice.

Outside that train of thought, I would like to see Shad, Blaze, Rouge, Metal Sonic and the Chaotix (along with their Sonic Heroes theme. Don't ask.) to appear. Apart from that, I'm not too fussed who appears. I'd imagine Big popping up ala the Adventure games in cutscenes though. Perhaps characters like Fang and Mighty would also appear for fanservice, I dunno.

How does that make them a requirement though? I think that's what he was asking.

It gives them priority over newer characters in a game that uses the classic designs.

Other characters like Shadow have a very big fan-following, and I'm sure folks wouldn't be in support of that. As for being original heroes, I personally wouldn't give them that title. They were the earliest, that can't be denied, but that's about it.

They were the three main characters before the series got redesigned. That counts for something.

He's not the only one, dude.

He's the only one out of Tails and Knuckles though, you know, the characters I was talking about it.

It gives them priority over newer characters in a game that uses the classic designs.

For this game in particular I'd give you that. But it's still just a matter of how they're taking everything else in this game...

They were the three main characters before the series got redesigned. That counts for something.

Not anymore it doesn't, nor should it since we have other characters that could be consider "main characters" as well.

Of course, you're talking to the person who believes that the only main characters are Sonic and Eggman with everyone else being secondaries.

He's the only one out of Tails and Knuckles though, you know, the characters I was talking about it.

And out of the overall characters which I'm referring to, he isn't. So I don't see how Knuckles' absence since Sonic 06 is any justification to suddenly give him a role when that could be applied to a few other characters.

Well, if they are going with the Modern/Classic design for Sonic, maybe have other characters who have a classic and a modern design

For laughs, I want to see them make classic-esque designs for characters that weren't around for the classics.

• Thumbs Up 4

I would love to have Tails, Shadow, Rouge, and Shade in the new Sonic game. I wouldn't mind Knuckles if there's a reason for him to be away from the Master Emerald.

I'd like to see Shadow and Rouge as playable characters, since it's been ten years since Sonic Adventure 2.

As for story I'd like them to go back to having more serious stories in the games. Stories along the lines of Sonic Adventure 1&2.

Edited by Lostsoul666

I originally wanted to see Silver in this game.

But, well... not anymore. Obvious reasons.

• Thumbs Up 5

I originally wanted to see Silver in this game.

But, well... not anymore. Obvious reasons.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You're seriously going to let ONE rabid fan be the deciding judge as to whether you wanted the character in or not.

Really? That's all it takes?

You're seriously going to let ONE rabid fan be the deciding judge as to whether you wanted the character in or not.

Really? That's all it takes?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Of course this was just a joke, I'm only playing on the-

Really? That's all it takes? I'm really hoping that was a joke.