Awoo.

Characters you'd like to see in Sonic Generations?

Shade Vortex

I'm certain we'll see the classic animals show up. I mean... they were in Mario and Sonic and the Olympic Games of all places.

I'm certain we'll see the classic animals show up. I mean... they were in Mario and Sonic and the Olympic Games of all places.

• Thumbs Up 1

No but still, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

All I wanna see is Knuckles in Hedgehog Engine Graphics, will make fall in love with the character all over again.

Edited by ChikaBoing

I mainly want to see Tails and Knuckles playable. Amy would be pretty cool, too, perhaps as a sort of "hard mode" for the game like in Sonic Advance, since she isn't as fast as the others and can't curl into a ball.

At this point, we could get screenshots of playable Princess Sally and I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Generations... I don't even know, man.

Really, though, I'd particularly like to see Rouge show up. Just as an NPC or something, of course; as much as I'd like to see her playable again, I know it won't happen. As a general rule, I consider the main characters of Adventure 2 (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Eggman and Amy) as the 'core cast' of the series, as little sense as that makes, and Rouge is the only one of those seven who's got a spotty track record when it comes to big cast reunions. She's the only one who, now that there's been a statement about non-Sonic characters returning in some capacity, I'm still worried might not make an appearance. It's her tenth anniversary; it wouldn't be fair to start the party without her.

...I also want to see the Chaotix, obviously, but they're peripheral enough that I don't expect to see them in a game that's as big a deal as Generations. It would be cool if they were at least referenced in some way, though, through a minor background event in a cutscene or something.

At this point, we could get screenshots of playable Princess Sally and I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Generations... I don't even know, man.

Really, though, I'd particularly like to see Rouge show up. Just as an NPC or something, of course; as much as I'd like to see her playable again, I know it won't happen. As a general rule, I consider the main characters of Adventure 2 (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Eggman and Amy) as the 'core cast' of the series, as little sense as that makes, and Rouge is the only one of those seven who's got a spotty track record when it comes to big cast reunions. She's the only one who, now that there's been a statement about non-Sonic characters returning in some capacity, I'm still worried might not make an appearance. It's her tenth anniversary; it wouldn't be fair to start the party without her.

...I also want to see the Chaotix, obviously, but they're peripheral enough that I don't expect to see them in a game that's as big a deal as Generations. It would be cool if they were at least referenced in some way, though, through a minor background event in a cutscene or something.

I like Rouge too, it should also stand to be noted that unlike most of the other cast that she's never gone under significant character derailment, but at the same she's really overlooked, its kind of annoying.

I'm thrilled since Generations looks fantastic, but I will say I'm a tad disappointed that it looks to be C.Sonic/M.Sonic only. Maybe Tails/Knuckles will be unlockanles or something (doubt it but I can dream.) Then again, Generations has been full of surprises so far so I guess it is a possibility.

This game is a celebration of 20 years of Sonic, so I want everybody from Sonic 1 to Sonic Heroes.

For this ganme I honestly think Tails, Amy and Knuckles should be playable (looking up mainly at Knuckles/Amy since both character work as the hard modes). Regarding the story I think minimum Tails will be in it and considering the story features two Sonic I would also like to see some funny moment involving Amy (Sega would be dumb to miss this)

For this ganme I honestly think Tails, Amy and Knuckles should be playable (looking up mainly at Knuckles/Amy since both character work as the hard modes). Regarding the story I think minimum Tails will be in it and considering the story features two Sonic I would also like to see some funny moment involving Amy (Sega would be dumb to miss this)

Its been confirmed that: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Etc. will appear in the game, whether its gameplay or story I don't know yet.

Its been confirmed that: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Etc. will appear in the game, whether its gameplay or story I don't know yet.

Right now, after seeing how much there is in the gameplay, I guess we'll only be seeing C.Sonic and M.Sonic playable...

... unless we can also play as C.Tails and C.Knuckles in 2D and Shadow and *other character* in 3D? It's plausible perhaps.

Right now, after seeing how much there is in the gameplay, I guess we'll only be seeing C.Sonic and M.Sonic playable...

... unless we can also play as C.Tails and C.Knuckles in 2D and Shadow and *other character* in 3D? It's plausible perhaps.

That other character is going to be Amy, we all know it.

^ Blue Blood's statement of referencing "Other Character" is just referring to any other character who may appear, not one specific character. A recent article confirmed Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow will appear, referencing "and others," as I recall. Amy will definitely be one of them.

However, one thing that bothers me is another preview cited on TSSZ went out and stated that Sonic's "friends" aren't playable. I'm hoping, though, that it was just interpreted wrong and it actually means that they aren't mandatory. Because I'm so tired of this "Sonic only" crap. I want to play as other characters, and no one can complain if they're optional. Its a celebration of Sonic's 20th Anniversary, right? So why can't it celebrate all of Sonic by allowing other characters to be optionally played as?

Anyway, that's my only complaint. Other characters are confirmed... I just hope that some are playable.

Metal God Damn Knuckles of course. Metal Sonic is also acceptable.

and TBH, that's really it.

Anyway, that's my only complaint. Other characters are confirmed... I just hope that some are playable.

If they still aren't playable, at least they pop up in the story now, instead of being completely M.I.A. like they were in Colors. We'll have to get them back eventually.

However, one thing that bothers me is another preview cited on TSSZ went out and stated that Sonic's "friends" aren't playable. I'm hoping, though, that it was just interpreted wrong and it actually means that they aren't mandatory. Because I'm so tired of this "Sonic only" crap. I want to play as other characters, and no one can complain if they're optional. Its a celebration of Sonic's 20th Anniversary, right? So why can't it celebrate all of Sonic by allowing other characters to be optionally played as?

Could you find the quote and article? I'm not seeing it.

You know who nobody would ever suspect of being party to the dastardly deeds being perpetrated by Generations' villain?

The Marxio Brothers.

marxio_1.jpg

Part Mario Bros., part Three Stooges, all Marxist and totally diabolical.

They'd make awesome recurrent villains/comic relief.

I'd like it if they stuck to just Sonic being playable. Unless they make it like they did with Sonic 3 & Knuckles and made Tails and Knuckles playable as other people you could choose to play through the story with. I don't want to be forced to play with them to be able to complete the game like I had to do with Sonic Adventure. For cameos, I'd like it if they added people like Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. More of the classic group to be part of the cutscenes or something like they did with Tails in Sonic Colors. I'd like it if they stayed away from newer ones like Shadow and Silver.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/04/18/the-three-eras-of-sonic-generations-revealed/

I'm still hoping that Kotaku is wrong about this. I want to have additional playable characters, just make them optional.

Characters I'd like to see... well, really, most of the cast, to be honest. ^^

Hm... that's a little disappointing. Well, not really disappointing. Not having extra characters in this game wouldn't be a bad thing so to day. There's plenty of stuff with M.Sonic and C.Sonic to keep us occupied anyway. Still though, I'm not sure what to make of that Kotaku article. I wouldn't take their word for it just yet.

And over at Wrecks...

We’ve announced today that we’d have these two playable characters in Sonic Generations, but many other characters from the Sonic universe will show up, I’m talking about Sonic’s friends: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc, that will be part of the story or even an important gameplay element.

Oh? Sounds like some of them may be playable, at least in some way.

Edited by Blue Blood

Classic Amy.

amyrosefirstgeneration_2.png

And if she has some lines and is part of the script I wish to see her helpful and slightly tom-boyish as intended (and for her not to have a very very annoying voice :P)

Hm... that's a little disappointing. Well, not really disappointing. Not having extra characters in this game wouldn't be a bad thing so to day. There's plenty of stuff with M.Sonic and C.Sonic to keep us occupied anyway. Still though, I'm not sure what to make of that Kotaku article. I wouldn't take their word for it just yet.

And over at Wrecks...

Oh? Sounds like some of them may be playable, at least in some way.

I can understand Knuckles, Tails and Amy being in this game. But not Shadow.

In all honesty I'm incredibly skeptical about that. The whole "Sonic's friends" playing an important gameplay part worries me since I can't even begin to trust Sega for something that was botched up terribly last time it was ever conceived. At most I just hope that it'll be unlockable alternative characters such as Tails or Knuckles.

I don't see why anyone wouldn't understand Shadow making an appearance. After all, he's a major player in the Dreamcast and Modern eras of Sonic.