Awoo.

Characters you'd like to see in Sonic Generations?

Shade Vortex

I can understand Knuckles, Tails and Amy being in this game. But not Shadow.

In all honesty I'm incredibly skeptical about that. The whole "Sonic's friends" playing an important gameplay part worries me since I can't even begin to trust Sega for something that was botched up terribly last time it was ever conceived. At most I just hope that it'll be unlockable alternative characters such as Tails or Knuckles.

Would you rather Sonic go back to talking robots who can't talk back?

• Thumbs Up 3

Would you rather Sonic go back to talking robots who can't talk back?

If that's what I meant I wouldn't have mentioned "gameplay aspect".

If that's what I meant I wouldn't have mentioned "gameplay aspect".

I'm pretty sure if anyone else is playable they're going to be optional.

Though looking at how M. Sonic plays, I'm pretty sure its just Sonic.

Though looking at how M. Sonic plays, I'm pretty sure its just Sonic.

My idea is that only Sonic will have both his classic and modern variants playable. If there are other characters, they'll only have one style each. Tails and Knuckles would suck horrifically in Unleashed style, but classic style? S3K tells us they're perfect for that. And Shadow? He's just like Sonic but wasn't around in the old days. Unleashed style for him!

Shadow is probably just a matter of re-skinning Sonic. I will admit that if Generations manages to pull it off with having multiple and similar unlockable playstyles that are optional, it would truly be a great achievement.

I will admit that I'd like to see Shadow in only to see how Classic Sonic would react on the mere notion of seeing what he represents.

More importantly I want Metal Sonic in.

My idea is that only Sonic will have both his classic and modern variants playable. If there are other characters, they'll only have one style each. Tails and Knuckles would suck horrifically in Unleashed style, but classic style? S3K tells us they're perfect for that. And Shadow? He's just like Sonic but wasn't around in the old days. Unleashed style for him!

That kinda irks me though, because I wanted to see how Tails & Knuckles would play in 3D.

And while I adore Shadow, I hope they can find ways to make him different from Sonic, and not just a palette swap, if that's the case what's the point?

I want flickies and little seals and penguins in the game. Their inclusion alone made me like Sonic 4.

Also Bean because he's cute and I want to hug him.

That kinda irks me though, because I wanted to see how Tails & Knuckles would play in 3D.

And while I adore Shadow, I hope they can find ways to make him different from Sonic, and not just a palette swap, if that's the case what's the point?

Same, it's kind of lame in a way. But better than nothing, and it'd still be pretty awesome.

And I dunno how they could vary other characters in 3D. The Unleashed gameplay leaves absolutely no room for innovation with alternate characters.

Same, it's kind of lame in a way. But better than nothing, and it'd still be pretty awesome.

And I dunno how they could vary other characters in 3D. The Unleashed gameplay leaves absolutely no room for innovation with alternate characters.

Yeah, it is better than nothing.

Which is why it kinda sucks, I mean I love the speed, but what about everyone else, Shadow really is the only other character it works for, and even then....

Maybe they take away the boost for Shadow, I mean Colors showed you don't always need it, and have his Gauge be used for other things l dunno Chaos Control, maybe slowing down the screen while you plow through everything.

Classic Shadow would be an interesting concept if not for the fact that Shadow was sleeping inside of a capsule during the classic era.

But Shadow's flashbacks predate the classic era in the series continuity. Why didn't he have black eyes then, HUH?

Classic Shadow would be an interesting concept if not for the fact that Shadow was sleeping inside of a capsule during the classic era.

But Shadow's flashbacks predate the classic era in the series continuity. Why didn't he have black eyes then, HUH?

Because he was still on the Space Colony at the time, Shadow didn't go to earth until SA2 started.

I just want to see C. Tails, Knuckles and Amy. Maybe Metal Sonic too. But please, no new characters... ;-;

I just want to see C. Tails, Knuckles and Amy. Maybe Metal Sonic too. But please, no new characters... ;-;

Screw that, I want my Kidnapped Shadow dammit.

Besides Iizuka already said Shads is gonna be in it.

Because he was still on the Space Colony at the time, Shadow didn't go to earth until SA2 started.

So? Shadow could have had black eyes during his time on the Space Colony. Maybe he did when he was first created, but that would also contradict a flashback in the Shadow game.

I just want to see classic Shadow. And classic everyone.

So? Shadow could have had black eyes during his time on the Space Colony. Maybe he did when he was first created, but that would also contradict a flashback in the Shadow game.

I just want to see classic Shadow. And classic everyone.

But if the Classic Models are their younger selves, then that would make a HUGE Time paradox.

But if the Classic Models are their younger selves, then that would make a HUGE Time paradox.

Not to mention Shadow has never been young to begin with. He's immortal.

To be honest I don't mind Shadow being in the game, I mean hes not exactly going to steal the spotlight from Sonic in his 20th anniversary game is he? I'm just happy Knuckles and Tails will be playable on a main console game the classic way for the first time in 16 years! I would like to see old villains like Metal Sonic and Nack the Weasel appear for nostalgia's sake.

Not to mention Shadow has never been young to begin with. He's immortal.

Ya know that could be a pretty good reason why Shadow DOESN't have a classic design.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya know that could be a pretty good reason why Shadow DOESN't have a classic design.

Even if this wasn't the case i'm sure SEGA wouldn't see the point of giving him a classic design without putting logic into it.

Edited by Madhatter

Even if this wasn't the case i'm sure SEGA wouldn't see the point of giving him a classic design without putting logic into it.

Fanservice, that's the only reason I can think of.

Isn't the argument I've been trying to make all along is that I want other characters to be OPTIONALLY playable? That's what I've been saying in every post I have made, haven't I?

Sonic and the Black Knight played it perfectly. Pick a level and choose a character. As far as "multiple characters" go in regards to Unleashed gameplay, they can make it work. Tails and Knuckles could easily have flight/gliding abilities. They don't -have- to be given a boost, but even if they did it wouldn't hurt. Shadow could fit just as well in Classic gameplay, too. Or, alternatively, they bring back as "classic" character to play as in classic gameplay instead of Shadow (since he didn't exist in the past).

Rouge is a character who could also potentially be included, and still appear in both a "past" appearance and a "modern" one. She never actually appeared in the classics, but she's old enough to have been around during that time.

Here's some possibilities if they appear.

Silver: He's from the future, so he could fit in via time travel. Gameplay-wise, since its unlikely "young" Silver would appear, he'd probably fit in with "modern" gameplay... but it'd be a little more difficult. He could use his powers as his "boost", and he could "fly" similar to Tails. He can't run as fast as Sonic.

Blaze: Perfect choice for "modern" gameplay, as the Rush titles heavily feature the boost, as well, which of course introduced it. She would basically be similar to Sonic, except a little slower. She could potentially hover slightly with her flames, or use them to dash ahead. A "young" Blaze is unlikely.

Metal Sonic: Could fit into both modern and past. To really differentiate this kind of thing, perhaps make Neo Metal Sonic his "modern" style.

There's another thing to note, too, though. I have a feeling that you can choose to play as one style of Sonic or the other. You don't have to play through both. As such, if you prefer "classic" gameplay you can play that, or you can choose "modern" gameplay. You aren't required to do both. In this circumstance, if multiple characters are playable, every character who has a "past" version will have their "past" model. For characters like Shadow, Silver, or Blaze who couldn't have a past model (well, Blaze has a slim possibility if she somehow dimension shifts in the past... I suppose...), either A.) they can be played as in both styles, or B.) they're stuck in one style and three classic-exclusive characters replace them.

Of course, this is ASSUMING that there are multiple playable characters. We don't know that. I do hope that there are optional playable characters, but... meh...

OH here some lulz.

I saw a post saying that this game is terrible.....just because Amy & Shadow are in it, and nothing else.

Now sit on that.

If Shadow is in the game, then I'd like to see Big in it!

I wonder how he'd look in "Classic" style.

OH here some lulz.

I saw a post saying that this game is terrible.....just because Amy & Shadow are in it, and nothing else.

Now sit on that.

Whoever said that can just not play the fucking game. Simple. :P

Although, I'm very skeptical of them annoucing Shadow for this game, considering they had him absent last time they said he was included.