Awoo.

Characters you'd like to see in Sonic Generations?

Shade Vortex

The tone of series has change completely since 2005/2006 when then were trying be all edgy and serious. Since '06 we've have Unleashed and Colours, both bright and cheery games, and now this- another game that seems like it'll be bright and cheery. Guns and vehicles are the last thing I'd expect to see right now. The absolute last.

Oh I know, and I feel likewise. I was just trying to assess the fact that Shadow hasn't appeared in a main title since '06, and to affiliate him with weaponry and violence isn't far off.

Oh I know, and I feel likewise. I was just trying to assess the fact that Shadow hasn't appeared in a main title since '06, and to affiliate him with weaponry and violence isn't far off.

Looking at it that way is fair enough, but then that's also ignoring the past few years and new direction.

No, Shadow had firearms on the vehicles he drove in Sonic '06 as well, still counts.

So I'm guessing it counts for Tails and Eggman in SA2 when they had firearms on their vehicles then? Lasers/missiles weren't the only thing equipped on them. The only difference was one was semi-auto while the other was full auto.

I'm not saying that Sonic Team will be stupid enough to shoehorn those features into this game, but the past two games Shadow has appeared playable in he's both driven vehicles and used guns, so it's indeed a viable worry if SEGA decide to put Shadow in this game in levels from games other than SA2 and anything before it.

How is that anything to worry about when they've thrown away every other worry over this series in general?

The Shadow's handguns in ShTH? Thrown away the next game, and had Shadow actually use his powers like many complained for.

Bad writing? They got two very well known writers to suit western tastes.

Overly serious plots? Toned down to levels appropriate for this series.

Too many characters forced to play as? They gave us Sonic only to play as.

Too little focus on speed? They made half of Unleashed a speedfest.

Too little focus on platforming? Colors was to help solve this problem.

Need I go further down the list? And that's not even taking into consideration the fact where I mentioned that this is an entirely different formula from the one they did in ShTH and Sonic 06 that would make it even harder to incorporate Vehicles into the gameplay when the character is capable of blazing at 300mph, which you completely overlooked.

So how is it that 5 years down the line, despite the factors that would gravely hinder their use that Guns and Vehicles are still a legitimate worry anymore? And given how they've actually gone about fixing problems that they've neglected to do pre-Unleashed, how in three green hells is it expected for them to do something as stupid as that once again, dude? Tell me, because I'm dying to know because as far as I'm concerned with everything they've laid out and the direction they've gone, bringing Guns and Vehicles for Shadow is the dead last thing to expect for him.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

If there are going to be classic versions of Tails and Knuckles, they should put Mighty in there and give him a name tag with Classic Shadow written on it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

For the Classic Era, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Classic Amy, Eggman, Metal Sonic and Fang. For the Dreamcast Era, Big, Gamma, Chaos, Tikal, Shadow and Rouge. For the Modern Era, Chip, Wentos, Yacker, Orbot and Cubot.

Personally, I'd love to see King Boom Boo face off against Classic Sonic whilst Modern Sonic takes on the Sandopolis Guardian. That'd be awesome.

Aside from that, I'd also like to see Wentos the (Time) Travelling Salesman, Egg Robo, the Babylon Rogues, Big, Sonic Man, Team Chaotix, Rouge, Egg Pawns, Omochao, and Omega pop up too. Furthermore, seeing as this game focuses around time travel, it'd be a nice treat to see the likes of Tikal and Silver included as well! As much as I'd enjoy to see Blaze appear alongside the other inhabitants of the Sol dimension, I don't see it as being very likely due to the complicated plot-related baggage that they would carry; but then again, she is pretty popular, and they could probably give a hamfisted excuse as to why she's there as they did in Colors DS and Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics.

Overall, I want to see as many characters as possible kthx. If any plot would allow anybody to show up, this one would be it.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 2

Classic (voice if possible):

Tails (Luke Manriquez)

Amy (Alison Stoner)

Knuckles (Bill Wise)

Fang/Nack (Tristan Rogers)

Charmy (Emily Corkery)

Vector (Marc Biagi)

Espio (Bill Corkery)

Mighty (Yuri Lownthal)

Ray (Nathan Vetterlein)

Mecha Sonic

Robotnik (JIm Cummings/Mike Pollock/Edwin Neil)

Grounder (Gary Chalk)

Scratch (Phil Hayes)

Modern:

Tails

Knux

Amy

Cream

Blaze

Silver

Omega

Shadow

Rouge

Metal Sonic (Roger Craig Smith)

Team Chaotix

Shade (Laura Bailey)

Edited by Tailikku

^Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but Shadow's pretty much confirmed, along with the main cast. It was mentioned in the interview at 3:07.

I'm actually really glad Shadow's going to be in it. He hasn't been in a main game in a while (save for briefly in Free Riders, if you consider that canon) and I'm curious what the new writers would do with him. A little wary of the voice actor, though. In FR it sounded like he was trying too hard.

Edited by DC111
  • Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I'd love to see King Boom Boo face off against Classic Sonic whilst Modern Sonic takes on the Sandopolis Guardian. That'd be awesome.

Aside from that, I'd also like to see Wentos the (Time) Travelling Salesman, Egg Robo, the Babylon Rogues, Big, Sonic Man, Team Chaotix, Rouge, Egg Pawns, Omochao, and Omega pop up too. Furthermore, seeing as this game focuses around time travel, it'd be a nice treat to see the likes of Tikal and Silver included as well! As much as I'd enjoy to see Blaze appear alongside the other inhabitants of the Sol dimension, I don't see it as being very likely due to the complicated plot-related baggage that they would carry; but then again, she is pretty popular, and they could probably give a hamfisted excuse as to why she's there as they did in Colors DS and Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics.

Overall, I want to see as many characters as possible kthx. If any plot would allow anybody to show up, this one would be it.

Watch as SEGA uses this plot as an excuse to "bring back" some old characters so they keep riding fans on this nostalgia gravy train, thus a very lame way of explaining why they haven't been in stories until now lolololol *hit*. Joking aside, I really do want to see Fang again, and him modernized would probably make any fan have to change their pants. Some others would work well I think, but he's the first that comes time mind, for me anyways. It'd be nice for Eggman to have a little more people on his side instead of adding to Sonic's endless friend roster that always gets forgotten anyways.

All that said, I really don't expect much other than the standard characters: Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and possibly Amy and Metal I guess. That's fine with me, but it's fun to speculate/dream/wish/etc, XD

All that said, I really don't expect much other than the standard characters: Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and possibly Amy and Metal I guess. That's fine with me, but it's fun to speculate/dream/wish/etc, XD

You forgot to add Rouge and Omega. :P

Darn it, there's so many... The only ones I can think of right now though are Mighty, and Dr. Robotnik (Classic).

Oh yeah, and Fang too...

Edited by woolythehedgehog