Awoo.

Who's the most popular character now?

Durarara

The GUN Commander? It's the GUN Commander, isn't it?

;)

5-21-10_Shadow_Glare-thumb-131x220-1449.jpg

That picture will never get old. What have you wrought, Yardley?

Well why do you think the Commander holds such a strong grudge against Shadow? Being a living creature capable of ultimate destruction? Pfft, Shadow is the illigeimate love-child spawned from an affair between Professor Gerald and Black Doom.

The Commander can't look at Shadow without being reminded of that heart-breaking moment he peered through the window and saw them both together. :(

For the overall fanbase it's Sonic, followed by Shadow, Tails and Knuckles.

For my own personal list, I base the positions more in base of visual design/gameplay/personality. Usually for me if a character is redundant in any of those aspects I'll put them in the last places.

Anyway my top three:

1.-Amy: she has an awesome overall design with a lot of attention to detail, a unique and fun 2-D gameplay (advance 1) and a charming personality, saddly her characterization tends to be inconsitent due to poor writting. (compare SA1, SA2, 06 & Unleashed Amy with her Battle, Riders, Heroes counterpart)

2.-Dr. Eggman: he is sexy & manly, that for me is good enough.

3.-Big: probably the most original character in terms of visual design, also I really like the concept of a character that lives like a king, by his own rules, taking life smoothly and just enjoying it alongside his best buddy. Saddly his reputation was tarnished with his gameplay in Sonic Adventure 1. Had he debuted instead in a 2-D game ala Sonci advance he would probably be one of the most unique/creative in gameplay terms alongside Amy.

3.-Big: probably the most original character in terms of visual design, also I really like the concept of a character that lives like a king, by his own rules, taking life smoothly and just enjoying it alongside his best buddy. Saddly his reputation was tarnished with his gameplay in Sonic Adventure 1. Had he debuted instead in a 2-D game ala Sonci advance he would probably be one of the most unique/creative in gameplay terms alongside Amy.

I have to disagree with that.

You never know what kind of reputation he would have if he had started in either a 3D or 2D game with any other gameplay style other then fishing.

It could have been worst and at the same time it could have been better.

All we know is that most people hated the fishing part of the game and because of it, their taking it hardcore on the character itself.

Had he started with a charge-on tank-like gameplay character where you charge in the pack of badniks to destroy your enemies in order to find & rescue froggy, how would people react to this character?

You never know!

Oh, well, the most popular characters can be guessed without a poll easily, it's the big five protagonists every time.

As for my own personal list? Well...

I...just don't know any more.

Sadly, I'd bet that it's Shadow. Nearly everybody that I know or have talked to about Sonic in general almost always mention Shadow first in conversation. It may be because that is from the American POV though because I have not talked to many people outside of this country. :P

I'm sure it's a tie between shadow, tails and eggman. I mean after Eggman's recent appearances in games (unleashed, Colors & Sonic4) I'm sure he's up. and with the Archie comics....I'm sure eggy is tied for 1st (next to sonic of course). Shadow hasn't been getting much love except in spinoffs but I know there are a shit load of shadow fans around the world. Me and CSS being 2 from there that I know of. Tails, it's fucking tails. If he's not in the top 3 something is wrong.

1. Sonic (it's his series so of course he's number one)

2. Eggy=shadow=tails

3. silver

4. Big (it's obvious)

5. Knux

6. Blaze

7. Amy

Most popular? Well, that would be Eggman, of course. I mean, I don't keep up with the details of these comics and vidya games(I scarcely remember who the player character was, hohoho!), but there's no-one off the top of my head who could compete with Eggman's unprecedented popularity. Right after the good old 'botnik would come some combination of them fuzzy creatures that sometimes show up, yappin' their little voices, I don't know what order. They're all pretty samey to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic and Eggman are pretty much the most popular ones, for obvious reasons.

Other than that, I'd have to say Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Metal Sonic. Throw a bone for Blaze, Amy and Silver too since they seem to be runner ups of sorts.

My favorites? Take the first four mentioned, Metal Sonic, and Blaze. Maybe Shadow. Maybe.

Edited by Azukara

I love how I'm the only one who mentioned Big. Hahaha the fast cat gets no love.

I stand corrected.

Edited by Ultimate X360

The Archie incarnation of Bean the Dynamite. At least it better damn well be.

This

Also if I had to construct a list, it would be:

1) Espio

2) Shadow

3) Archie!Bean

4) Sonic

5) Eggman

Anything #6 and down tends to shuffle around a lot.

A couple of years back, I'd of said Shadow was the most popular hands down, but thankfully, the Shadow fad clearly seems to have died down in recent years, and so now, I reckon Sonic's the most popular by far :]

I'm honestly surprised by how popular Eggman has gotten over the years. Back in my old active days in the Sonic fandom, he had a cult fanbase, but not the widespread appreciation he's got now. It makes me happy to see the Doc get so much love~

The better writing as of late has probably helped with this, as has the increased focus on smaller casts per game (Characters are typically better-written when they aren't competing with 20 other characters for screentime).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm honestly surprised by how popular Eggman has gotten over the years. Back in my old active days in the Sonic fandom, he had a cult fanbase, but not the widespread appreciation he's got now. It makes me happy to see the Doc get so much love~

The better writing as of late has probably helped with this, as has the increased focus on smaller casts per game (Characters are typically better-written when they aren't competing with 20 other characters for screentime).

Its really all about how its written really, 20 main characters can be interesting as long as their written well, and in ST's case....yeah.

I'm pretty sure Soni & Shadow stil hold on to the top 2 spots.

TOP 5

1. Sonic

2. Dr Ivo Robotnik/Dr Eggman

3. Tails

4. Knuckles

5. Sally Acorn

If i see Shadow's name on another list i'm going to shoot somebody.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If i see Shadow's name on another list i'm going to shoot somebody.

Is that so? Okay then...

1) Sonic

2) Shadow

3) Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

3) Tails

4) Knuckles

Now pull the trigger. I dare you. B)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

So what is wrong with Sally anyways? I know Archie fairly well due to it's excellent Robotnik Eggman, but I never understood why Sally was hated so much there.

If it's due to soap opera tendencies, I think that goes for almost eveyrone in the comic.

So what is wrong with Sally anyways? I know Archie fairly well due to it's excellent Robotnik Eggman, but I never understood why Sally was hated so much there.

If it's due to soap opera tendencies, I think that goes for almost eveyrone in the comic.

There are LOTS of reasons to hate Sally, but I don't feel like going in to it. I'll just say the writers tend to favor her, a LOT.

So....What's the point of this topic again?