Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

You have just made my day. Much love!

Just like to comment on how wonderful it all looks - following th brilliant 2D/3D Unleashed/Colours template and just.... wow.

I want it now!

Seriously this could be the best Sonic game yet.

It looks like all new level layouts, just with our favourite level themes. With both Classic gameplay/Physics with updated graphics AND the Unleashed style.

Edited by ChikaBoing
  • Thumbs Up 1

I..... I don't even know what to say. Part of me is awesome-ified by all this, part of me kinda eh'd at the returning Unleashed gameplay. MOAR! I NEED MOAR!

BTW, when Modern Sonic goes through that loop, anyone else see him roll into a ball?

Good to see the ACTUAL Green Hill for once, Classic Sonic looks pretty much EXACTLY what Sonic 4 shoulda been (sorry, had to be the first to say that).

Now to await the CONSTANT and UNENDING over analysis of Classic Sonic's gameplay to determine that it's going to be Rush 4, and the ensuing months of fan bitching that Unleashed gameplay is back.

Edited by Black Spy

I personally loved seeing the Unleashed style in Green Hill enviorments.It looked so frikkin epic.

So, uh, at 0:43 it kinda looked like Sonic was absorbing blue thingies from some enemies he just destroyed. New method of filling the boost meter confirmed?

Also, this game is gorgeous. As if Sonic 4 needed any other reason to be overlooked.

So, uh, at 0:43 it kinda looked like Sonic was absorbing blue thingies from some enemies he just destroyed. New method of filling the boost meter confirmed?

Blue Spheres pl0x.

The old Sonic section in the video actually looks fantastic. Looks like the old physics are back and without that accursed homing attack!

Why don't they just give people what they want and make the whole damn game like that? lolsega

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I think it's because the "2011's Three New Sonic Games" thread already has the trailer PLUS the new screenshots.

OFFICIAL SONIC GENERATIONS THREAD + SUBFORUM! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

After several more glazed-eyed, giddy rewatches, another observation: Modern Sonic looks like he's curling up into a ball at a couple of points, mainly around 0:46. Is that just me?

...I find it a little bizarre that Classic Sonic has a voice, actually, at least as far as grunting during gameplay.

People aren't posting cause' we're so fucking awe-struck. This look like the perfect Sonic game.

*hopes he isn't let down*

• Thumbs Up 3

After several more glazed-eyed, giddy rewatches, another observation: Modern Sonic looks like he's curling up into a ball at a couple of points, mainly around 0:46. Is that just me?

...I find it a little bizarre that Classic Sonic has a voice, actually, at least as far as grunting during gameplay.

Cue fans bitching about it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The visuals....so beautiful! Can't breathe...*faints*

Okay, seriously. Green Hill Zone is looking spectacular. As for the gameplay, I guess this virtually confirms that they're separating the two styles between Classic gameplay and Unleashed Gameplay. Although Classic gameplay looks as if they've taken pages from Rivals and the 2D sections of Colors in terms of layout.

I'm still a bit irked at how they're still using narrow paths for Modern Sonic's stages as opposed to finding out a way to make an open field for him to run around in, but this shit isn't going to kill me anytime soon. In fact, I'll still encourage them to use this formula; it takes a lot of time to figure out how something like that could work anyway so badgering them about it isn't going to make it come sooner.

Just watched the trailer. Graphically the level looks very pretty. Still not a fan of Classic Sonic's model though.

Classic Sonic gameplay was reminiscent of the classic games; it looks good. However Modern Sonic gameplay looked like the 3D sections of Sonic Colors, and that's not reassuring.

All in all, it looks interesting.

Admittedly, that was epic. I'm still hoping, though, than in an celebration of Sonic's 20th Anniversary we don't JUST get Sonic as playable... but at this point I somehow doubt that's going to happen. Still, one can dream, right?

Either way, it does look awesome. Definitely Unleashed/Colors-based. And, just because "classic" Sonic is entirely 2D in the trailer doesn't mean he's exclusive to 2D, so please remember that.

Still hoping for revelations on additional playable characters... but good, nonetheless.

He did it Unleashed Wii too. Nice little detail, it happenes randomly while boosting.

Excuse me for a second.

*goes outside, starts jumping for joy, runs around, hits wall of house, walks back inside*

Pretty cool stuff. Now I need to get a PS3 or a 360. Other games for it too, but hey, no Wii, if it's good, then must buy. I think I'll be using C. Sonic for the spin dash.

Admittedly, that was epic. I'm still hoping, though, than in an celebration of Sonic's 20th Anniversary we don't JUST get Sonic as playable... but at this point I somehow doubt that's going to happen. Still, one can dream, right?
Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 4

Looks excellent, exactly what I wanted too; Both classic and modern style gameplay, with each Sonic playing the way they would in their respective levels. Lovin' the music so far, and the visuals look absolutely ace. One thing though...

Why the FUCK doesn't Sonic 4 look like this? Seriously, what the fuck? Oh well, at least we're getting a game that looks (And presumably plays) this well, can't really complaint.