Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

Now wasn't this thread about gameplay trailers? When do you think we'll get the final Modern trailer and get to watch everyone flip their lids over Silver? :P

Modern trailer was released this morning and now people are flipping their lids over Perfect Chaos' Green teeth. Lol

And yes, once again, remember: fan demand. Fans chose these levels specifically, and if I remember correctly, Sonic Team also did a poll asking fans what their favorite level THEMES were: city stages and tropical stages were the highest ranking, if I remember correctly. So yeah, this list was really made with the fans in mind, and while I probably would have chosen differently in a few areas myself, I can't really complain with the results.

AAUK said the poll about themes had nothing to do with Generations.

The theme for Hang Castle is few and far between and isn't generic, unlike green hills and ice stages for example, so I can understand people wanting it in.

I enjoy Hang Castle mainly because I have a soft spot for halloween (second favorite holiday), but I can't get past the theme song being LOADED with samples found on my keyboard. lol, I could probably recreate the theme right down to the "eh-eh-eh-eh! dj give it up give it up!"

Even if he looked exactly like he did in adventure (and i mean exactly) people would complain. This game could be nothing but direct ports of the levels and people would still complain.

I don't know, the skeptics about the game seem to be a vocal minority on every Sonic board I visit. Even the more hardcore/Classic sites like Retro. Even with the media and press reaction.

I hope Sega makes something for those who don't like the Unleashed style at some point, but at this point we have a workable gameplay style that is loved by a large number of fans and critics. I never thought we'd get this far. I even see retro fans praising the modern levels.

I am a retro fan too, btw. I just never really left the franchise.

Okay after watching the modern trailer 10 times in a row I've came to a conclusion. Along with Speed highway Classic, I'm going to be bumping to either version of Crisis city in the vehicle. It just sounds to sexy for my ears. November 1st. Hurry your sexy ass up.

Just got done work and saw the trailer. I assume I'm not the only one bothered by Perfect Chaos looking more like a lizard creature instead of a water monster?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got done work and saw the trailer. I assume I'm not the only one bothered by Perfect Chaos looking more like a lizard creature instead of a water monster?

• Thumbs Up 6

This game could be nothing but direct ports of the levels and people would still complain.
And they'd have good reason! Seriously you're only making yourself sound ridiculous, here.
  • Thumbs Up 1

And they'd have good reason! Seriously you're only making yourself sound ridiculous, here.

I am? how, may i ask, am i doing that?

And I agree, they would have a good reason.

Edited by Eternlo

Picking a perfectly legitimate complaint (making a game that doesn't offer any new gameplay) as an example of unwarranted complaints.

Picking a perfectly legitimate complaint (making a game that doesn't offer any new gameplay) as an example of unwarranted complaints.

Please, this game could be nothing but stick figures and people would STILL find issues with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Im still not getting the ridiculous part, but ill pick a different complaint, Sonics socks could have an extra bump on them, or different texture to his fur.

Does that mach up with the green teeth complaint better?

I like how perfect chaos looks so far, im just curious about the green horn.

Please, this game could be nothing but stick figures and people would STILL find issues with it.

And they would have a pretty good justification for their complaints.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, listen to what you just posted, there's a great difference between disagreeing viewpoints and stupid complaints, I'd compared this sentence's irrationallity of the subject to be akin to this complaint in South Park: "It's okay when a man shaves his balls, but when a women does it, it's WEIRRRRRRD."

As for my contribution to the current subject: I don't like the skin and features they chose for Perfect Chaos. On the other hand, even though it is grasping at straws, I wonder if it supposed to actually be plot related to the game, which could be cool if they do things right; however, Metal Sonic doesn't seem to have anything different to support this baseless theory, so until proven, I think it's an unneeded art design change. I too wish that they tried to great at doing a tribute to the cinematic Perfect Chaos, instead of changing the design altogether.

The Crisis City remixes are amazing. And I for one like how Perfect Chaos looks now, green horn and teeth included- I think he looks better than he did before, CGI cutscene included! Funnily enough, I had more problems with the Death Egg Robo's changes (I prefer the Sonic 4 redesign for it over the Generations one) than I do with Perfect Chaos'.

I don't think that this will be the final trailer. They're probably going to do at least one more, for the game's release. I do have a feeling they'll show off Silver and Egg Dragoon sometime, as it's unlike Sega not to show non-final-level stuff.

As for the levels themselves, Planet Wisp is looking better than ever, and Crisis City is looking awesome despite not looking very different in terms of aesthetics. (what? I liked how Crisis City looked in 06!).

Edited by Shade Vortex

I'm expecting a launch trailer to show up before or around the battlefield 3 launch. (oct 25) And maybe then we will hear the vocal theme (if there is one) for the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm expecting a launch trailer to show up before or around the battlefield 3 launch. (oct 25) And maybe then we will hear the vocal theme (if there is one) for the game.

• Thumbs Up 1