Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

Last I heard, Sega was actually profiting, at least in Q4 of 2010. I'd imagine the bigger companies are actually doing comparatively worse.

Last I heard, Sega was actually profiting, at least in Q4 of 2010. I'd imagine the bigger companies are actually doing comparatively worse.

SEGA was one of the few game companies that made profit in the last financial year. Sonic Colors, as of 6 months ago, had sold over 2 million copies and SEGA as a whole saw an increase in profit from the previous year.

SEGA was one of the few game companies that made profit in the last financial year. Sonic Colors, as of 6 months ago, had sold over 2 million copies and SEGA as a whole saw an increase in profit from the previous year.

Then is my opinion that they should take more time to develop a sonic game then they usualy do that unreasonable?

Then is my opinion that they should take more time to develop a sonic game then they usualy do that unreasonable?

I don't think it's unreasonable and in all honesty i'd like for them to....well take it easy. I mean they are doing one game after another without even stopping to catch their breath.

Also i am pretty sure SEGA as a company isn't giving them more time because they don't want to risk the whole thing. If they had another big franchise there wouldn't be any problem. Like say Square has FF and KH.

Finally in my opinion more time development doesn't mean a better game and there a few examples out there.

I don't think it's unreasonable and in all honesty i'd like for them to....well take it easy. I mean they are doing one game after another without even stopping to catch their breath.

Also i am pretty sure SEGA as a company isn't giving them more time because they don't want to risk the whole thing. If they had another big franchise there wouldn't be any problem. Like say Square has FF and KH.

Finally in my opinion more time development doesn't mean a better game and there a few examples out there.

Duke Nukem Forever

trollface_The_Flying_Machine_Arena-s469x428-137060-535.jpg

Edited by HUNTER297

Duke Nukem Forever

trollface_The_Flying_Machine_Arena-s469x428-137060-535.jpg

Gran Turismo 5!? Final Fantasy 13 for many people?(Not me though i loved that game)

Anyway...

Gran Turismo 5!? Final Fantasy 13 for many people?(Not me though i loved that game)

Anyway...

Yeah. Tho Duke Nukem is best example. GT5 and FFXIII are good games on their own. They have been just hyped to heavens and people were disapointed (Kinda like BF3 now. I like it but it isnt as GREAT, BEATIFUL and Endless Everything that Dice hyped us for). While DNF has one longest dev time and its simple crap. It proves your previous statement.

Anyway...

GT5 is a good example of how a long development cycle doesn't mean a good game. Both Forza 3 and 4 are leaps ahead of GT5, with much better quality and content, yet the Forza games were made in just 2 years compared to GT5's 6 years.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 2

GT5 is a good example of how a long development cycle doesn't mean a good game. Both Forza 3 and 4 are leaps ahead of GT5, with much better quality and content, yet the Forza games were made in just 2 years compared to GT5's 6 years.

Arguable.

I've played 'em and I reckon GT5 is around the same as Forza 3 (each having a slightly different focus, Forza is more arcadey, and GT more like a 100% driving sim). Forza 4 is head and shoulders above both though. Miles better.

GT6 had better step it up if it wants to be relevant any more.

Arguable.

I've played 'em and I reckon GT5 is around the same as Forza 3 (each having a slightly different focus, Forza is more arcadey, and GT more like a 100% driving sim). Forza 4 is head and shoulders above both though. Miles better.

GT6 had better step it up if it wants to be relevant any more.

Regardless of what people prefer, Forza 3 and 4 are objectively more polished than GT5. That's what i'm getting at. A good portion of GT5 is recycled straght from GT4, standard cars just scream laziness and take up most of the game.

[/offtopic]

Edited by Neon

... if sega and sonic team took more time and didnt shell out a sonic game every year the quality of the games would be better
  • Thumbs Up 5

Yeah. Tho Duke Nukem is best example. GT5 and FFXIII are good games on their own. They have been just hyped to heavens and people were disapointed (Kinda like BF3 now. I like it but it isnt as GREAT, BEATIFUL and Endless Everything that Dice hyped us for). While DNF has one longest dev time and its simple crap. It proves your previous statement.

For the genre, Battlefield 3 is everything that it is hyped up to be in comparison of its main competition.

• Thumbs Up 1

To counter your talk about DNF, That game died off for like years only to be picked up like maybe 2 years ago. And even then the game was like half done meaning all the newer dev team had to do was just finish it and put it in HD.

Battlefield is pure sex. Only thing DICE did wrong was hype us all with the PC version and not the console version to like a month ago. If they would have done both from the beginning it would not have been such a slap to the face (visually). I still think it looks fantastic on consoles and is competing with Crysis 2 for best looking PC game.

Battlefield is pure sex. Only thing DICE did wrong was hype us all with the PC version and not the console version to like a month ago. If they would have done both from the beginning it would not have been such a slap to the face (visually). I still think it looks fantastic on consoles and is competing with Crysis 2 for best looking PC game.

Do you know that you can install a special file (which comes in the disc) to your PS3/Xbox 360 so that the game will render High Res Textures? Awesomeness.

Feel free to disagree, but I do think putting lots of easter eggs and throwbacks is a form of effort. It's expected out of a title like Generations, but Unleashed was full of cool things that you can find. It's fair to say some Sonic titles haven't been that great, but it's not fair to say there's no effort. If anything, Sonic Team tries to be too ambitious with reinventing the wheel and they trip over their own feet. Or can't meet deadlines. This isn't lack of effort, it's more a lack of focus and competency. Sega probably put much more effort into Sonic 4 than Capcom did with Mega Man 10, but Mega Man 10 was a billion times better. Don't confuse effort and quality. Sonic Team put tons of effort into Sonic '06, I'm sure. So much so that they couldn't finish the job, and we got an unplayable mess.

Anyways, the Unleashed engine needs work. At least it's a competent engine that can be improved, though. The Adventure engine was fundamentally flawed.

Edited by Crazizzle
  • Thumbs Up 1

Megaman 9 or 10 were not better than Sonic 4 in terms of quality or simplicity. Saying so shows that you have a rather reactionary view about video games since all they were were NES games marketed to nostalgia hungry adults.

I am still in belief that the Megaman Zero series was the peak of the entire Megaman franchise. Classics and X be damned.

Edited by turbojet

Woah woah. Lets stay on Sonic. Not Megaman, battlefield, Gears or any other game. We don't want Sean to come down on us with his unstoppable MOD powers.

Since this relates to the Modern trailer and Crisis city. Does anyone wonder how they will show CC in Generations? Will they just give us one section of the stage or make play all 4(?) sections but with only one remix to them all? Will the other sections be put in the missions? This could get interesting.

Woah woah. Lets stay on Sonic. Not Megaman, battlefield, Gears or any other game. We don't want Sean to come down on us with his unstoppable MOD powers.

Hah, fair enough. I won't respond to the personal insult then. I don't see how anyone can think Sonic 4 is better than the retro Megaman's, though. The Megaman's are recycled mediocrity, but Sonic 4 was garbage. Fair enough, people think differently.

It's okay to bring up other games to make a point about Generations, though. It wasn't originally off topic.

As far as CC...We see the platforming through the tornado section(part 3 of CC) in Classic's Level. I'm sure the Mach Speed section will be at the end of Modern's level.

Edited by Crazizzle

Sorry for starting the off topicness everyone, i will stay on topic from now on.

And i didnt see enouph of crisis city to decide what i like about it, im just glad it won't have the glitches from 06. I cant wait to see the flaming tornado, and im loving planet wisp, I wonder if we will see yacker? And i really like the chairlift-like things from hill top zone in classic sonics rooftop run.

Lol, i said crisis core instead of crisis city, tis fixed now.

Edited by Eternlo

- contains sonic vs metal sonic

Late-to-the-party.jpg

Edited by Spider-Man Noir
  • Thumbs Up 1