Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

Wow... Uh. I think... Sonic Generations...

Just made me get even more excited.

I demand Stardust Speedway DLC.

You know it's easy but wantable money just waiting to happen. D< I give credit to the effort SEGA put into recreating the stage for simply a boss battle, but I can't shake the feeling they went with the finer details because it's potential future DLC.

Edited by Dusk Golem

If that's not Stardust Speedway I don't know what is.

It's Stardust Speedway Bad Future. Get it right peoples. :P

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Ok new screens haved swayed me.

On CPZ mainly because of this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/5957553881/in/set-72157626400442837

and this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/5957554691/in/set-72157626400442837/

Still not sure what's going on with the explosions and stuff though for modern Sonic. Too much fire and destruction and City Escape might suffer some, but I guess Sonic busting up a bunch of chemicals could cause an industrial fire or something.

A good use of the "sky diving" gameplay in one of those screens too!

Stardust Speedway looks a lot better now than the low quality scans too. You can actually see the pink futuristic city in the background and there actually are a few elements that I can see were taken directly from the original. I still think the (neutral?) present SSZ would've been cooler to use cuz the green against the pink and stuff would've made it more vibrant, but I guess the bad future makes more sense.

I just hope we see more of the green platforms, pink lights in the background (of which doesn't that building look a lot like an eggdome, or SatAM Robotnik's base?) and those trumpet looking things too!

Also classic Tails....Soooooooo cute! But I still like modern better!

Edited by The-Master-Board

OMG Classic Tails is ridiculously cute! I'm curious to see how Classic Knuckles will differ against the Modern character. And wow, Chemical Plant and Stardust Speedway really look so much better with proper screens.

I still think Metal Sonic is part of Chemical Plant in some way, like a transition from it. The Sky is pretty much the same(thus using pretty much the same lighting on everything),they both have rather factorish type backgrounds...

It will be the same as this boss:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHYXmZtY9lgZlfMBluaZIJ8bJtmBFsMdoBiJ3PYufKdSItY5uV

was a part of this level:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7V5uh3PWhwoCgLcmu_T6Q1QNgsgK_W7ekE7kJh1Gvp2YYBx0j

And with the Addiotional acts in Unleashed also looking pretty different from the Main stages, I suspect the same for Generations and them using the oppertunity to do a representation to an other stage like they did with Stardust for the Extra Acts that with within that trope. I'm just guessing, but it's very possible to me.

Also Purple Water is there. Phew.

Edited by ChikaBoing
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I still think Metal Sonic is part of Chemical Plant in some way, like a transition from it. The Sky is pretty much the same(thus using pretty much the same lighting on everything),they both have rather factorish type backgrounds...

It will be the same as this boss:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHYXmZtY9lgZlfMBluaZIJ8bJtmBFsMdoBiJ3PYufKdSItY5uV

was a part of this level:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7V5uh3PWhwoCgLcmu_T6Q1QNgsgK_W7ekE7kJh1Gvp2YYBx0j

And with the Addiotional acts in Unleashed also looking pretty different from the Main stages, I suspect the same for Generations and them using the oppertunity to do a nod to an other stage like they did with Stardust for the Extra Acts that with within that trope. I'm just guessing, but it's very possible to me.

Also Purple Water is there. Phew.

Between the screens officially posted of Chemical Plant and of the Metal Sonic battle, and the comparison shot I posted, I really can't draw the parallels that you do. Chemical Plant and the Stardust Speedway boss battle both had red/dark skies... so they must be the same? They both have buildings? Chemical Plant is full of machinery and factory looking buildings... Stardust Speedway (in the new photos) have futuristic buildings. The only factorial thing from the pictures of the Metal Sonic battle is the corridor you seem to pass through, and the big metal building in the one shot.. but the original Sonic 1 didn't have a giant mechanical fish, either.

This is NOT a nod. This is headbanging. You can't look at exact recreation of the sprite assets for Stardust Speedway and go "Well.. the sky's red, so it's Chemical Plant."

I'm not saying that this won't/can't be the Rival battle for Chemical Plant. That makes very much sense... stuff explodes, ruins the future, Sonic fights Metal Sonic in the Bad Future (sounds familiar...) But to clearly look at the screens and not accept that it's the Sonic CD representation is still silly to me.

I'm not saying that this won't/can't be the Rival battle for Chemical Plant. That makes very much sense... stuff explodes, ruins the future, Sonic fights Metal Sonic in the Bad Future (sounds familiar...) But to clearly look at the screens and not accept that it's the Sonic CD representation is still silly to me.

This is basicilly what I mean. I'll change it representation then

Edited by ChikaBoing

Making Classic versions of all characters, is a little bit of proof that it's not just a copy-pasta of Fan requests. Maybe, but just maybe it's proof that they had this concept planned before Sonic 4 planned. But I doubt it.

Also it's just cool to see Chemical Plant that way in 3d. Classic Sonic Zones are alot more excting than anything else to come alive from 2D to 3D really. It's not just purely nostalgia why I wish this would happened( and more of it,from the looks so far) it's just that the unique zones of the Classics,really deseve as Update IMO.

Metal Sonic is on a mission...bless his cold mini-robotic heart!

oh also

Chemical Plant Zone

23 seconds in. Final Egg, or am I crazy?

I think it's a coincedence. It doesn't look "that" similar

Edited by Jaouad

I really like the new screens, just one thing is that when a look at chemical plant I get a feeling of eggmanland.Not that is bad, just a thought.

Oh and that is stardust speedway.And maybe they utilized the same sky but the level itself as a distinct felling than chemical plant.

And one more thing am I the only one that thinks its weird they didn't released screens of modern sonic fight with metal sonic, when its already confirmed.

One little nitpick I have is c.tails being yellow like m.tails. C.tails used to be orange brownish. Too bad they hadn't noticed such a detail. Tails even had that color in the DC version of SA1

Edited by Jaouad

One little nitpick I have is c.tails being yellow like m.tails. C.tails used to be orange brownish. Too bad they hadn't noticed such a detail. Tails even had that color in the DC version of SA1

Retcon. Tails has always been yellow now.

Retcon. Tails has always been yellow now.

Not sure what that means but anyway, i'm aware that's it's a nitpick so don't pay too much attention to it. Just google classic tails and you'll get what I mean

Not sure what that means but anyway, i'm aware that's it's a nitpick so don't pay too much attention to it. Just google classic tails and you'll get what I mean

Yeah I see it. The old Tails is closer to orange and the new to yellow. Before anyone jumps in, I know this isn't a big deal. Just slightly interesting to note. =P

Funny, his shoes look a bit pink in that model sheet.

Edited by Lungo

FUCKING DASH PADS ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

oh wait those were in the classics nevermind

The placement of that particular speed booster looks really awkward like that.

Anyway....

Chemical Plant Zone

SOMEONE MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT!

The placement of that particular speed booster looks really awkward like that.

Anyway....

Chemical Plant Zone

SOMEONE MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT!

Is this big enough for you? xD

Looks so awesome! I know i'm asking a lot after Sega gave us all these but i hope for a trailer stages reveal. :)

Edited by frokenok3

Chemical Plant is the only stage allowed to go so FAST that I have no idea WTF is going on...I love that feeling I get when playing the original...

I want to feel my eyes peel off.

• Thumbs Up 3

Chemical Plant is the only stage allowed to go so FAST that I have no idea WTF is going on...I love that feeling I get when playing the original...

I want to feel my eyes peel off.

Bu-but, Speed highway D:

• Thumbs Up 3

Chemical Plant has a cool design! Sky Sanctuary will be great too! Maybe we will have Classic Sonic and Tails cooperative? Tails needs Spin-Dash again!