Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

Sonic-Generations-Chemical-Plant-Zone-2.jpg

I noticed a pillar to the right that looks like it's from Sky Sanctuary.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 seconds in. Final Egg, or am I crazy?

Honestly? It's more reminiscent of Aquatic Base from Sonic '06 to me. Y'know, the bit where all the lights go red and glass barriers come down the corridor? That bit.

Okay, seriously, the graphics in this game are WAAAAAY underestimated. This game looks down right beautiful in just about every aspect of the word!

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, seriously, the graphics in this game are WAAAAAY underestimated. This game looks down right beautiful in just about every aspect of the word!

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 6

5958113714_6589d4322f_b.jpg

Oh Wow it's the Giant Ferris wheel you platform on in Stardust Speedway act 2 badfuture (on the low route I think)!

So do you think we are gonna get the 3 Mecha Sonic bosses (4 if you count Knuckles' final boss) in Sky Sanctuary Zone, the intro warp from Hidden Palace, the launch of the Deathegg, and ending the level by escaping from the crumbling ruins to the Deathegg? Because if you think of it THIS (Along with that awesome song) is what made Sky Sanctuary Awesomely memorable!

Edit: Well seems I was confusing the spring launchers for a ferris wheel in the badfuture but a ferris wheel does show up in the background of the goodfuture.

Edited by Omnis Kai Invictus

Tbh I don't think the game looks all that great "in the demo". But these new screens look gorgeous. Wonder if green hill's gonna look better in the final build too.

I'm one happy guy right now... Chemical Plant is the best Sonic stage EVER! And it looks SO amazing in Generations! :D

Tbh I don't think the game looks all that great "in the demo". But these new screens look gorgeous. Wonder if green hill's gonna look better in the final build too.

It's most likely your TV. It sure doesn't look amazing on my shitty as SD TV.

The game looked great on my Tv and if you mess a little with the settings you can make it better. ;)

Also i got agree with Voyant. Whatever Sonic team did with Hedgehog Engine is just amazing.

I'd like to see the full capabilities of the Hedgehog Engine. Wii U has a chance of achieving that?

Or we have to wait until PS4 / Xbox*insert number*

I think its the Uncharted 2 of Cartoonish Graphics if you ask me. I'm a bit of a graphics hoar (well more on Art Styles). I played some pretty preety games...the goggles aren't on on this at all. Those textures and attention to detail...is fucking CRAZY!

I can not believe that the a down scaled hedgehog engine (for the 360/PS3) can run such detail at high speeds without frying itself...what the fuck did SEGA do to make this thing?

I can't believe I can actually compare the graphics of a SONIC game to Uncharted....fucking outstanding Sonic Team!

Just imagine how future Sonic games can look if the PS4/Xbox 720 (or whatever they'll be called) can handle the FULL POWER of the Hedgehog Engine!!! That'll be f**king INSANE I tell you...INSANE!!

It's most likely your TV. It sure doesn't look amazing on my shitty as SD TV.

Edited by Jaouad

Nah I got a pretty large HD tv in my room and i'm sure the demo didn't look all that great. Sonic colors actually holds up pretty well against it even though the pixelation, which shouldn't be the case I think. I don't put visuals in high regards personally but if I had to compare it to the other games it looks okay overall, not fantastic. I mean mainly talking about the foreground because the background certainly DOES look fantatsic

This is just talking about the demo though.

I agree with this...the demo looked WAY too jagged, but the screenshots look silky smooth.

I agree with this...the demo looked WAY too jagged, but the screenshots look silky smooth.

I'll agree with the two of you about the demo not looking so hot, something was clearly wrong here. BTW it did look slightly more appealing to me on my 360.

Why are people saying the Hedgehog Engine is downscaled on the PS3 and Xbox 360 and not running at its full potential? :huh: The thing was designed for PS3 and Xbox 360 titles.

AWWWWWWWW

Two Miles Prowers is just too much adorable for one to take.

282498_10150257581677418_23050342417_7355775_1788081_n.jpg

Edited by Mysterics

Even though I'm not a fan of her old look but I want to see a picture of Classic Amy and Modern Amy together.

Did sonic's generations render come from an advance game as well?

I'm guessing since all the modern renders are coming from advance, wonder which knuckles is going to make it in? 1 2 3

Oh hey guys, is there higher quality renders of these pics?:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2871/sonicc2.png

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/374/sonicc1.png

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8933/007zy.jpg

The Demo looked pretty bad on my 37" 1080p HDTV. The lack of AA made the demo horrible. I hope the PC version is legit because I can just play with full AA on my TV and just use the 360 controller.

I played it on my 55" TV, I played it in 1080i, because it didn't look so hot in 1080p for some odd reason, it made it seem waaaaaaay too sharp.

But when I played it in 1080i I noticed less jaggies, and it was crispy clean. Not sure why this was the case.

Did you try switching resolutions??

Edited by 2Fast2Serious

I think the demo looked great but at times it looked clustered and it really confused me! Classic Sonic looks really small sometimes and it's hard to navigate with all of the stuff going on in the foreground and the background because the screen is zoomed out! I hope that won't be a problem in the harder levels!

I think the demo looked great but at times it looked clustered and it really confused me! Classic Sonic looks really small sometimes and it's hard to navigate with all of the stuff going on in the foreground and the background because the screen is zoomed out! I hope that won't be a problem in the harder levels!

I wouldn't worry about this that much. This was just a Demo. An early version of the game.

I'm pretty sure it will look better at the full version.

Edited by Death the Kid

I wouldn't worry about this that much. This was just a Demo. A early version of the game.

I'm pretty sure it will look better at the full version.

I guess your right! In Sonic 2 Prototypes Sonic could run into walls and fall over! LOL! Now that is a good example of how early forms don't represent the final product!

I played it on my 55" TV, I played it in 1080i, because it didn't look so hot in 1080p for some odd reason, it made it seem waaaaaaay too sharp.

But when I played it in 1080i I noticed less jaggies, and it was crispy clean. Not sure why this was the case.

Did you try switching resolutions??

Hmm...I might try this...whenever SEGA decide to release another demo!

Hmm...I might try this...whenever SEGA decide to release another demo!

You could turn off the Internet and switch the Date on your console to a date where it still was possible to play.

That the demo needs to be connected with the Internet isn't true. ;)

Edit:

I tried it.

On 1080i it really looks better and it works a lot smoother.

That washy effect if you run fast is not that bad anymore... on my opinion anyway. :P

Edited by Death the Kid