Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

From newer screen shots it shows the eyes and mouth have been fixed.

sonic-generations-20110608094830247.jpg

sonic-generations-20110721025022288.jpg

Edited by Mysterics

I actually didn't notice that. I managed to identify both poses for C. and M. Sonic when they were released.

Sega sure like remaking old poses and converting them to CGI.

The original artwork looks better. Tails head and face look awkward in the new one.

Edited by Marcellof

The CG version looks awkward cause they still have a hard time getting mouths to look right (Tails barely looks like he's smiling) and conforming to more realistic posing makes him look stiff and uncomfortable. The exact same can be said of that M.Sonic art that uses his Classic Collection pose.

I think it looks fine, it's Sonic's that looks awkward. I LOVE the Sonic pose in 2D but hate the 3D version. it did not translate well at all, though I think they could've translated it better.

While I think the original artwork looks like it has more... energy? I like the way Tails looks in the CG better. The muzzle, the eyes, etc. His head looks a little smushed in the original art work.

Not that its bad, I just prefer the CG =p

Edit: While I agree that I like the 2D Sonic art more compared to the CG, the only reason is because of the outlines and color. The color is just so vibrant and saturated, its hard to translate without it looking weird and what I call "Chillon" (Spanish, I don't know an English equivalent :( ). And the outlines are just so soft and easy to look at, yet still being bold.

Edited by Melru
  • Thumbs Up 3

The original artwork looks better. Tails head and face look awkward in the new one.

Yeah, the main problem is that darned mouth. Tails generally looks fine with a centred mouth, but the angle in this picture just makes it look blocky. The eyes also aren't as round as they appear in the original artwork.

Once you fix those problems, Tails looks pretty darn good, though. ^^

vg6ge0.png

Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 5

It really is the mouth. I don't see why all the characters can't have mouths like Sonic and Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aw wow, he looks really cute like that.

I think the mouth has to be a little bigger though, here's my go at it. (cropped it so we wouldn't be seeing too much of the same image =p)

trolol.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I would love to see Classic Tails wearing pull-ups or diapers. He is 3, therefore, he's still a toddler.

THE CUTENESS WOULD DESTROY THE WORLD >.<

• Thumbs Up 2

It really is the mouth. I don't see why all the characters can't have mouths like Sonic and Knuckles.

Side mouth: Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Silver, Espio, Rouge

Centre mouth: Tails, Amy, Blaze, Blaze, Cream, Charmy

It's a cute vs cool thing, the only possible exception being Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont see why we cant have the mouths on the sides and in the center, depeding on what the character is doing.

Like it sould be in the center when a character talks but obviously on the side for the smile, Sonic Adventure 2 did it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont see why we cant have the mouths on the sides and in the center, depeding on what the character is doing.

Like it sould be in the center when a character talks but obviously on the side for the smile, Sonic Adventure 2 did it.

I also think that where the mouth is should depend on the situation the character is in. A little off-topic, but this is also generally a problem I have with your average anime series in general, being that my roots were in western cartoons growing up. To me, for any animated character, the face, especially the mouth area, is like a canvas to convey emotion, second only to the eyes, and having the mouth centered on the face all the time just seems like a waste of face-space and potential lively expressions. Of course, I know some series are going for realism, and subtle, realistic emotions, so if that is what the artist is trying to convey, then erm, I don't have a problem. Still though, for Sonic, colorful talking bipedal animals, it's as cartoony a series as you can get. :P

Edit:

Though, this does make sense too, in like, every way.

Edited by Inferno

r u guys seriously debating where the mouth on the character should be?

Yes we are, because we have nothing better to do. :V

Wait, so...Where is Shadow going to fight Sonic? Green Forest, White Jungle, or on the Eclipse Cannon?

And Silver's is either in Crisis City or Soleanna. But if the bosses are getting one-time stages, that means he might be at Soleanna most likely. So will we See Elise maybe? Or other references to Sonic 06's story?

Edited by Xenos

Welcome to the Sonic Fanbase

On the real though....Sega has really been starving us of info lately...

Edited by Voyant

The soles of Tails shoes in the CG version are flat and have....stripes? (they look a lot like the soles on Sonic's current shoes) compared to the regular sole (with what looks like a heel on the bottom) in the original artwork.

You are only saying that because Sega spoiled us with the 2 (3?) CGI images and screenshots. I mean come on. Just let them work with out showing the game off for a little while. I don't have a problem waiting a few weeks just for a trailer or a few screenshots of ........ Sonic vs Silver. :P

No! l:< ....yes. ._.

I thought it was a decent light discussion and kinda got carried away.

Welcome to the Sonic Fanbase

Edited by frokenok3

Cut the bullshit. I'm so sick of seeing people cut into the middle of a calm, intelligent discussion just to ridicule the fact that they are discussing something.

Yes, they are talking about mouths, and it's more important than it sounds, too. You know how weird Amy would look in CG with a sideways-facing mouth? We're talking about aesthetics, and you come in with your stupid condescending remark?

Cut the bullshit.

You have a point but, wow...

Edited by KrazyBean14

I didnt see any debating, just a conversation. But like i said sonic adventure 2 had the mouth on the sibe and in the center at times, i think they should go back to that.

I thought we would get spagonia info next, im glad we got chemical planet instead, i cant wait for a trailer.