Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

We might be able to as it is new meets old, however I also feel that Eggman's structures will also be expanded along with the planet. Especially since it's one of the last stages and some of the mission titles including things like terminals mentioned in them.

I notice there aren't any of the structures visible in that planet wisp screenshot. Hopefully this means we'll get to explore the scenery more than in the Wii version.

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 3

Dear Sega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVd72r4j5n8

The Egg Robo fight looks interesting

Sonic vs. Shadow in the ARK looks epic (lol moon)

And Planet Wisp...Planet 'fucking' Wisp...

BTW, what's with the moon? Was it part of Time Eater's changing the time line plot? Or is it Sonic Team forgetting what happened there?

And the cutscene pic looks intriguing. Maybe they meet at some place similar to 'The End of Time' in Chrono Trigger?

Edited by Vec

Since Shadow is equipped with the boost...

$10 bucks on his being a DLC playable character in the future. Fuck everything else SEGA has said otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 5

Since Shadow is equipped with the boost...

$10 bucks on his being a DLC playable character in the future. Fuck everything else SEGA has said otherwise.

I'm glad the Sonic Vs. Shadow fight is the more epic one on the ARK instead of the one on Prison Island. I'm guessing Shadow just flies when he boosts but skates when he doesn't.

Something about the Planet Wisp screenshot seems a bit...off? It looks like Sonic is either out of place or the level has a really different level of detail compared to Sonic. It's probably just the quality of the picture, I'm sure it will look great when we play the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something about the Planet Wisp screenshot seems a bit...off? It looks like Sonic is either out of place or the level has a really different level of detail compared to Sonic. It's probably just the quality of the picture, I'm sure it will look great when we play the game.

I'm amazed that they managed to build planet wisp from the ground up. Especially when you consider that it's debut game came out a year ago.

That's only because its true most of the time.

In other news, oh shit new screens

OLrAq.jpg

lDeZ5.jpg

hBWUq.jpg

ha! i knew it!biggrin.png

Everything's not going to be a 100% remake, and the battle with "Robo" Eggman just proved it.

Now i'm positive that Silver's rival battle with Sonic is going to be a "chase" in Crisis City, happy.png

instead of a battle like the one from Soleanna.

Edited by Revlis1

I'm amazed that they managed to build planet wisp from the ground up. Especially when you consider that it's debut game came out a year ago.

Planet Wisp was probably chosen to represent Sonic Colors long before Colors was ever officially announced.

What will be interesting to see is how Planet Wisp changes as we progress through the level. Right now it's lush and beautiful, but I'm betting the deeper you get into the level, the more of the construction site you'll see, until finally it overwhelms the greenery near the goal ring.

@Revlis1

Why would it be a chase in crisis city? It could be a chase in kingdom valley. Or if it's classic sonic battling him it could be in castle town(those two seem more probable). Most of the rivals are being fought in their original areas.(or places different from the stages) Shadow and metal sonic prove that. Unless modern fights metal sonic and it's somewhere else.

It seems like Sonic and Shadow get a similar cutscene before the Rival Battle/Chase starts if you look behind them and where they came from.

But that wouldn't explain why they're boosting unless it actually starts inside, or something.

Kindom Valley? Silver never fought anyone there.huh.png

He almost did i think, but he helped Sonic in taking some of the areas in the stage.

Also, it' logical that it has to be Crisis City cuz that were Silver lives, and having Kindom Valley will just make it seem like the events from 06 never got erased at all.

Edited by Revlis1

But their not going by were they live. their going by notable places you battled. Notice metal sonic and shadow are fought were you originally fought them.(although shadow was first fought on prison island) Same with the main bosses so far. Kingdom valley is a area in soleanna. It was never altered after 06. It's still a destroyed castle so i don't see how it makes the events of 06 erased. If you ask me crisis city does a better job there. Plus this is a game about time. almost anything is possible.

Woah I stay away from SSMB for a day and this shows up? Shadow can boost, Sonic does a man in the mirror thing, EggRobo boss is no longer the bitch of the series and Planet Wisp gets leaked.

Oh man was it a good day for us sonic fans.

As for the Birthday cake screen.......

• Thumbs Up 2

Sooooooooooo.... We fight Silver in Soleanna? Another city stage?

Edited by Balding Spider

Sooooooooooo.... We fight Silver in Soleanna? Another city stage?

I hope not, i never liked that stage.dry.png

Edited by Revlis1

*When Sonic and Silver fights*

Silver: It's no use!!

Sonic: FUUUUUU Sega why did you make deal with this again. angry.pngangry.png

Seeing as the two rival battles revealed thus far have featured the original battle arenas from their source material, I'd expect to see the vs. Silver battle to take place in Soleanna Castle Town.

I'm not entirely sure how they'd implement it, given how that stage doesn't really mesh into either Sonic's playstyles very effectively (not to mention the boss fight itself was pretty meh to begin with), but I'm sure they can pull it off! I'd love to see that city recreated with the splendour of the Hedgehog Engine and a talented art team. If they could make that dull and lifeless plaza it as lively as the environments that we've seen so far, that would be glorious.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's Crisis City for sure, either that or the battle will be in Kindom Valley.

Castle town compared to all the other levels would be a major let down if it were added in the game.