Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

I am so looking forward to this. For me it's one of the most memorable moments in Sonic's history.

Omochao being annoying? :P

But yeah, it doesnt really look like the ARK. We need a screenshot from a better angle.

Omochao being annoying? tongue.png

That too. =P Speaking of which, I'd love to be able to toss him over the edge of the platform again.

EDIT: Er, to avoid confusion, 'throw' might have been a better word there. >_>;

Edited by Lungo

Further analysis of Shadow battle screenshot:

We can see dust behind them. Such dust appears after drift. As we know Sonic with his new spind dash drift ability returns to running animation imidetely after drift. Shadow seems to drift too. IMO he bursted with his shoes and is in mid-air for few moments because of that.

Why they drifted? See analysis on previous page.

Here's an idea. Shadow has a "starting boost" animation, and that animation is Shadow jumping into the air and dashing with his shoes ala the screenshot, and then he goes back into a skating animation after a split second. I figure this because I also figure Shadow's shoes have their limits, and maybe he can't accelerate as fast as Sonic can normally (but he can still reach the same top speed), so he does this air-dash thing to keep up in acceleration.

Why does everyone seem to doubt that Shadow can boost? Almost everywhere he's put as fast or almost as fast as Sonic, so it makes sense that he can boost as well. Also, even though I would prefer a skating animation for boosting, a flying animation would still be pretty darn cool.

Why does everyone seem to doubt that Shadow can boost? Almost everywhere he's put as fast or almost as fast as Sonic, so it makes sense that he can boost as well. Also, even though I would prefer a skating animation for boosting, a flying animation would still be pretty darn cool.

I don't doubt that shadow can go as fast as sonic, but i would like if the boost was a sonic only thing just to make a bigger distinction between the two characters.

Shadow already as a lot of abilities, why does he have to have another one?Why can't he use a type of chaos control to keep up with sonic?

I don't doubt that shadow can go as fast as sonic, but i would like if the boost was a sonic only thing just to make a bigger distinction between the two characters.

Shadow already as a lot of abilities, why does he have to have another one?Why can't he use a type of chaos control to keep up with sonic?

The boost is a move that is presumably usable by just about everyone. Sonic, Shadow, Blaze and Metal Sonic (if you want to count Rivals, where it's his default ability) have all used it, and then in Black Knight Knuckles uses that games equivalent of it.

Edited by Blue Blood

The boost is a move that is presumably usable by just about everyone. Sonic, Shadow, Blaze and Metal Sonic (if you want to count Rivals, where it's his default ability) have all used it, and then in Black Knight Knuckles uses that games equivalent of it.

Yeah I know...

I guess if the core of a game is speed then all characters should able to go fast.

Well at least this could mean that in a future game we could have multiple characters, like shadow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because Shadow is supposed to be Sonic's equal.

Super Speed comes with the title of Ultimate Lifeform. But I wish Sonic Team gave him better skating motions.

The ark looks like a blend of starlight carnival with the death egg from sonic and sega racing. It just looks a little to high tech. But i still like it. I'm exited.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

It got turned into a bloody light show in Shadow the Hedgehog so I'm not too surprised, myself. I actually prefer this new take. The SA2 design made it feel like the station was still in dormant state of activity, which worked in the first few levels when it actually was still shut down but booting up so to speak.

Too high tech for a massive space station harboring a giant earth shattering laser inside of it?

Yeeeeeah..

You know. I like you. Lets be friends.

So what stage is this apart of?

generations.jpg

It's chemical plant. I can tell because of the design of the buildings. look: Chemical_Plant_SG.PNG

Still exited to see what you'll do in the city though.smile.png

It's chemical plant. I can tell because of the design of the buildings. look: Chemical_Plant_SG.PNG

Still exited to see what you'll do in the city though.smile.png

Never really noticed the buldings but the skies did resemble Chemical Plant. Figured it was another part of Stardust Speedway.

So what stage is this apart of?

generations.jpg

If Sega is still incorporating other levels in a hybrid, that may be some kind of Speed Highway/ Grand Metropolis throwback.

gm.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

If Sega is still incorporating other levels in a hybrid, that may be some kind of Speed Highway/ Grand Metropolis throwback.

gm.jpg

Well seeing as how they are mixing different aspects or traits from other stages into the stages in this game i would love for modern to have a metropolis style part in chemical plant.

lol, I'd find it funny if the Modern take on Chemical Plant was inspired by Grand Metropolis because THAT level was inspired by the original Chemical Plant..... oh, the irony rolleyes.gif

Edited by Classic EXshad