Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

I knew I saw modern Sonic's pose somewhere else!

I was going to point this out a few days ago, but I was too lazy to dig up the comparison shot. That pose is on my favorite Sonic shirt. I personally like the original version of the pose better than the Generations one, but they're both great.

Ooh, I really like that 4th screenshot, with Classic Sonic running by a waterfall. I think I found a new temporary wallpaper for my desktop. :D

With Unleashed I was sort of OK with not being able to explore the detailed background, but with this game....I feel restricted.

With Unleashed I was sort of OK with not being able to explore the detailed background, but with this game....I feel restricted.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. Besides, it's not like Sonic Unleashed had nothing to do! I spent about 20 minutes screwing around in Arid Sands looking at all the people and objects laid out. I even found a secret room with a lone "10-ring" in it. I'm pretty sure they'll put plenty of detail in Generations.

And even then, the object of the game is to run from point A to point B. This is Sonic, not Mario 64! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Its not like Sonic doesn't go head-first into a waterfall in that stage anyway amirite?

Still with the inclusion of the red rings, we can bet that at least minimal exploration will be encouraged, so there will be all kinds of nooks and crannys to explore. Who knows, in a spot or two we might actually be allowed to rummage in the background scenery for an elusive treasure.

And even then, the object of the game is to run from point A to point B. This is Sonic, not Mario 64! :P
That doesn't mean we should be restricted to narrow paths. I don't think it's a bad thing to have the player find their way from A to B, rather than it being mostly one very clearly defined path.
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

That doesn't mean we should be restricted to narrow paths. I don't think it's a bad thing to have the player find their way from A to B, rather than it being mostly one very clearly defined path.

This I understand. I,however, think it is impossible to do in 3D stages like Sonic unless you widen the stage and have 3 different goals. And no, I am not talking about Shadow bullshit. I am talking about multiple distinct goalrings that are in seperate locations and are in more of a labrynth of a stage. That way, the player can truly explore without feeling limited. However, I actually love the action in 3D Sonic which 2D Sonic never had.

We should definitly have a seperate topic about this.

Edited by turbojet

This I understand. I,however, think it is impossible to do in 3D stages like Sonic unless you widen the stage and have 3 different goals.

I don't think that's necessary. Just having a bit more width and relief in the levels would be a great improvement over what we currently see in this Green Hill Zone.

Woun beat you and TSSZ to it. Also, when are going to learn that hotlinking isn't cool and all your going to get from doing that is a broken jpg box?

Get an imageshack account please?

@Rabid-Noodles: No. thats actually one of the first released shots.

Edited by goku262002

This I understand. I,however, think it is impossible to do in 3D stages like Sonic unless you widen the stage and have 3 different goals.
Wider stages, yes, multiple goal rings, no. There's no reason we can't have all roads lead to Rome the same goal, just as they did in the Genesis games.

If you think about it guys, every part of GHZ HD is eventually reached. Look at the run through again and you'll see what I mean.

A few more screens from that collection Woun posted that may have been posted before in a lower resoltuon, but this one below I don't recall seeing anywhere before.

http://www.computera...3d-screenshots/

I usually use Japanese sources. I even occasionally assisted by a Japanese friend who sends gifts to Tokyo Joypolis.