Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

I kinda prefer the moon yellow, for some reason, I didn't like how they made the moon so radiantly bright...doesn't seem normal considering the realistic atmosphere they were going for at the time. Yellow moons fit the cartoony feel Generations is bringing up I think.
Yeah, maybe that's the case, though I prefer more realistic style like in Sa2, so that must be why I think that version is better.

And is it me...or is this the only boss fight where Sonic is the most serious?
I'm pretty sure Sonic will be as serious or even more serious when fighting Perfect Chaos. I mean, how could you joke around when there is that kind of a monster in a ruined flooded city with gray sky?

Didn't Sonic technically lose in SA2? Perhaps Sonic serious about stopping the whole ordeal from even happening in the first place.

What scares me is...If Sonic wins and he stops the entire Biolizard event from happening...what does this mean for Shadow? That means Shadow would have never had that flash back with Amy where he realized he was wrong and would return to being the same Shadow we know from SA2.

A bad guy.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know the pictures been shown to death, but.. How times flies...

SA2B_7.png

005isq.jpg

I like the one from Generations. The graphics and the character models looks more up to date.

I'm pretty sure Sonic will be as serious or even more serious when fighting Perfect Chaos. I mean, how could you joke around when there is that kind of a monster in a ruined flooded city with gray sky?

It's fitting that the most serious games in the franchise have the most serious boss fights, but I wonder how Silver and the Egg Dragoon will be handled.

Didn't Sonic technically lose in SA2? Perhaps Sonic serious about stopping the whole ordeal from even happening in the first place.

What scares me is...If Sonic wins and he stops the entire Biolizard event from happening...what does this mean for Shadow? That means Shadow would have never had that flash back with Amy where he realized he was wrong and would return to being the same Shadow we know from SA2.

A bad guy.

If that's then case then shouldn't Metal Sonic being destroyed at the end of their fight impact the timeline as well?

I like the one from Generations. The graphics and the character models looks more up to date.

Me too! The SA2 version looks more dull compared to the Generations version. And I never really liked Sonic's soap shoes in SA2, I always thought they looked kind of weird.

If that's then case then shouldn't Metal Sonic being destroyed at the end of their fight impact the timeline as well?

Naw Metal Sonic was technically destroyed as well in Sonic CD. The Metal Sonic in Heroes I believe was a rebuilt version.

Me too! The SA2 version looks more dull compared to the Generations version. And I never really liked Sonic's soap shoes in SA2, I always thought they looked kind of weird.

And how exactly is it dull, care to explain?

You know what's weird? Sonic grinding in his normal shoes - that's weird.

Edited by ArtFenix

You know what else is weird? Rolling around at 765 miles per hour without breaking your neck. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

A bad guy.

Retconning the end of Sa2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06's Shadow all in one swoop?

... Please, do. xD Sa2's ending was fine, but I think Shadow was better off as an anti-hero anyhow. Regardless, I doubt the outcome will change, and once Sonic and Classic stop the Time Eater, things will wind up the same as before. Also, YES I hope that they wind up making a mini-stage out of Final Rush!

Lastly, I think it'd be cool if the moon was slowly rotating in the background, and once it turned around fully, you could see that a huge crater of it is missing-- this time without the lava, since doesn't the moon not have lava in it's core? xD

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what else is weird? Rolling around at 765 miles per hour without breaking your neck. tongue.png

Oh come on.. Not this again.

The point is that the SOAP shoes were designed SPECIALLY for grinding. And Sa2 if you remember, was the game which introduced the grinding to the series, so it makes perfect sense and there's absolutely nothing wrong with Sonic wearing SOAP shoes in Sa2. I hope I made it clear this time.

P.S. Sonic doesn't have a neck. Hush..Don't tell anyone. xD

Edited by ArtFenix

Oh come on.. Not this again.

The point is that the SOAP shoes were designed SPECIALLY for grinding. And Sa2 if you remember, was the game which introduced the grinding to the series, so it makes perfect sense and there's absolutely nothing wrong with Sonic wearing SOAP shoes in Sa2. I hope I made it clear this time.

P.S. Sonic doesn't have a neck. Hush..Don't tell anyone. xD

I understand what you're saying...

...but what I'm saying is that it really doesn't matter. It's a video game.

EDIT: Actually, I didn't get what you said. But now I do. Hooray!

Yes, the soap shoes make sense. But no soap shoes makes just as much sense, too.

Edited by Indigo Generations

I understand what you're saying...

...but what I'm saying is that it really doesn't matter. It's a video game.

EDIT: Actually, I didn't get what you said. But now I do. Hooray!

Yes, the soap shoes make sense. But no soap shoes makes just as much sense, too.

And now I though my post was as clear as day.^^ Well, all's well that ends well and after a couple of editing you got what I was trying to say. Nice^^.

Of course no soap shoes make sense too, I just said that there was absolutely nothing weird in them. OK, I think we've made it clear. Time to move on :).

I was just about to say "Get a room with the soap shoes". Glad that ended!

In any case, hopefully we'll be greeted with more screens soon!

Edited by VizardJeffhog

Wow, so many easter eggs! Also, OMGA lol! OMGA, SEGA?! SORM the albatros?..Ami?.. What is this I don't even.. Must be intentional, right?..Right?

053bj.jpg

The only typo I see is Ami, the rest is well written

I honestly thought SOAP shoes were simply a redesign of Sonic's old shoes, much like his new skinnier, lankier look. It helped that SA2:B was the first Sonic game I got in years....lol, I was prepared for some awesome SOAP shoe designs in future games.

Maybe there will be SOAP shoe ads littered in the City Escape mission acts.

The only typo I see is Ami, the rest is well written

Look at the credits in the Chao in Space billboard. Bottom left.

Edited by Razor Wind

The whole color of the SA2 picture, the brightness of the Generations screenshot(manly how bright sonic and shadow are) makes it less dull to me. and besides I never liked how the soap shoes looked :-/

Apparently it looks too much like a toy. The textures they used makes it look like plastic to some people (even though it looks like shiny metal to me) and its too.....rounded and not mechanical enough I suppose...

• Thumbs Up 1

I just noticed that there are pictures of the missions in the 3DS version:

tVXlcdH2Ud7n1EZDULNHgnsGdrZ9172V.jpgSxy954zI6pLEHJaULdy4jYt5v48a4rdc.jpg

What's wrong with the Unleashed Tornado? Lol

I think the design is ugly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn time zones making me miss these screenshots XD Can't even post them on the site until later this afternoon because I've got work in a bit.

Awesome screenshots of both the console and 3DS versions, but damn SEGA for spoiling more stuff.