Awoo.

Time to discuss the plot! Already!

Diquro

I thought of that too, but I still think the world was more predominantly animal than it was human. With the inclusion of Eggman, it's not unreasonable to assume other humans existed as well. It just think at some point in time humans became more dominant and that is why we have more city-themed levels in the modern Sonic games than we do nature or fantasy-themed levels.

You know, the modern and classic games could be separate universes... without being independent of one another?

Who says the modern games can't have references to the retro games without having the classic styled, silent Sonic being from a slightly different reality? I do think that the time explanation is more convenient, but it's possible that the "time-holes" might be related more to, as some have said, the way we've seen the series on the shelves.

Only time will tell!

I'm hoping that M.Sonic and C.Sonic don't initially get along. I mean, Sonic is a friendly guy, in a Mickey Mouse sort of way, but he can also be quick tempered. Something like this:

r1wfeq.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Can we expect Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic to get into a fight over a chillidog?

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if this has been brought up (I'm not going to read 12 pages of speculation) but could it be possible that Modern Sonic is actually a reincarnation of Classic Sonic rather than an older version of him? Think about it for a moment. Toon Link is a reincarnation of the original Link as confirmed in Wind Waker.

Actually Wind Waker goes out of it's way to say that Link has NOTHING to do with OoT Link. They're not related. Which is another reason why WWLink is the Wind Waker, and not The Hero of Time.

Just saying.

The same could be possible with Classic and Modern Sonic. I've always speculated that Modern Sonic lives in a distant time period than Classic Sonic where humans are abundant and human architecture makes up most of the world. Classic Sonic, on the other hand, lives in a more prehistoric time when the world was more chaotic and mostly occupied by animals.

Eggman must be super old.

Also how the fuck can Amy remember Sonic rescuing her in Sonic CD (which is set in-between Sonic 1 and 2) during her story in Adventure, if it takes place thousands of years ago.

Or how can Sonic remember Metal Sonic in Heroes, only the second time they've met up in the main series?

How can Sonic 4 have Modern Sonic, if it's Sonic's adventure directly after after Sonic 3?

To put it bluntly, Classic and Modern Sonic being millions of years apart makes no sense at all. Zero. None. What are you thinking?

This would conflict with the history of Angel Island and how Knuckles became the Master Emerald guardian though. Classic Sonic's time period would have to be very distant from Modern Sonic's in order for there to be no conflict between the history of Modern Angel Island from 3000 years ago and the (pre)history of Classic Angel Island. I'm not sure if Sega could work this out without some serious thought into the series' (nearly nonexistent) canon.

This also disproves it! The Knuckles Tribe was around 3000 years before Sonic. Knuckles is the last one, unless he's also millions of years old, there can't be two different Sonics.

I mean wow, that is some out-there thinking I applaud you for that, buuuuuut it makes no sense.

Has anyone mentioned the Time Stones yet? Since generations is going to be based around significant points spanning Sonic's legacy, I ponder over the idea if the Time Stones will play a significant part in the plot? Little Planet is said to revolve back into position every 20 or so years, and perhaps travel (intergalactic or otherwise) could place all of them on a Sonic CD level.

• Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone mentioned the Time Stones yet? Since generations is going to be based around significant points spanning Sonic's legacy, I ponder over the idea if the Time Stones will play a significant part in the plot? Little Planet is said to revolve back into position every 20 or so years, and perhaps travel (intergalactic or otherwise) could place all of them on a Sonic CD level.

Wait a minute...

...Little Planet is said to revolve back into position every 20 or so years...

20 or so years

> 20 years anniversary

> time travel plot.

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

(not really talking about the plot mind you, if I did, I would be implying that 20 years has passed canonically since Sonic's CD)

Edited by gato

I'm not going to think of Classic Sonic as a younger version of Modern Sonic. Even if I justified the iris color-change by imagining that he needed contacts, there's just too many inconsistencies. In addition to the designs being the same in Amy's flashbacks of CD, they were also the same when Tails remembers how he first met Sonic, and that's all the way back from Sonic 2.

So basically, SEGA created another plot hole, unless A) they fill it themselves in Generations' story, which is yet to be seen or B) it's an OPTION to play as either Classic or Modern, but not both in the same storyline. That would make the design inconsistencies less significant, and suggest that it's just a matter of personal preference which Sonic you play as. Not likely, though, since it's already been suggested that Sonic meets his past self. *sigh*

Hm. I'm hopping on the alternative universe bandwagon. Alternate PARALLEL universe, so they both had the same adventures as the other one. Yep.

• Thumbs Up 1

Little Planet is said to revolve back into position every 20 or so years,

No, Little Planet is said to appear on the last month of every year. So take that how you will.

Even if I justified the iris color-change by imagining that he needed contacts, there's just too many inconsistencies. In addition to the designs being the same in Amy's flashbacks of CD, they were also the same when Tails remembers how he first met Sonic, and that's all the way back from Sonic 2.

mehi.jpg

Or maybe they, oh I don't know, didn't go out of their way to render a completely different model that was only going to be used for a collective of 35 seconds of cutscene?

At this point, does the whole idea of M.Sonic and C.Sonic being from different universes hold ANY water, like, AT ALL? Hell, did it EVER hold any water? I mean, I'm finding an oddly moderate amount of people huddling around what easily amounts to a tin-foil hat theory.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 4

In old manuals and such, Sonic is stated to be 16. In the Heroes manual 12 years later, he's 15. He's sure grown up.

"Ok guy's, I'm gonna travel back in time to meet my older self! :V brb"

• Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps this game will fix in what way classic Sonic is Sonic "from the past" it sure is a clever way to rewrite history, as it were. Possibly retell certain "events" As they imagined it.(see what I did there? nevermind.)

I mean, I'm finding an oddly moderate amount of people huddling around what easily amounts to a tin-foil hat theory.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Because he's NOT young Sonic, he's Classic Sonic. In other words he's Previously Used Design Sonic. The time travel element of the plot isn't going to be literal time travel as seen in games like CD and '06 either. Someone else will be able to explain this better than me.

Iizuka said the story was about an enemy who can control time and space and that Sonic is thrown through time. It sounds like there's time travel in the story, like CD and 06, to me.

Iizuka said the story was about an enemy who can control time and space and that Sonic is thrown through time. It sounds like there's time travel in the story, like CD and 06, to me.

Why the fuck do I get the idea that Mephilies may be involved here?

• Thumbs Up 1

He traveled through time...did he travel through space too? *coughimplyingdimensionaltravelcough*

Is he the only one there?

Are all the others...gone?

Edit: And so my silent victory didn't even last for a minute.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

He traveled through time...did he travel through space too? *coughimplyingdimensionaltravelcough*

Is he the only one there?

Are all the others...gone?

I see what you did there.... ;)

Holy crap, I did not see that.

Oh yeah, that's a hell of a way to side step Blaze's inclusion as shoehorning. Of course, since this is celebrating Sonic's history, that should be expected.

So, I know this has been brought up before, but do you guys think the Classic versions are incapable of speech or just choose not to? :o

Also, you guys think they'll include Game Gear or 3D Blast in the canon, even if it's just a reference or a character or two?

EDIT: As a side-note, Sonic does have a line of dialogue in 3D Blast. I did not realize this until today!

Edited by Mega

Oh is it time for crack pot theories? because I'm game.

Sonic and Shadow are brothers

Sonic's entire past was a lie. Gerald made another ultimate life and infused him with false memories and an opposite personality to Shadow, crazy events lead to Sonic being discontinued since he didn't seem to poses chaos abilities and was a failure. He then was sent to Earth in a chamber and landed on Christmas Island. Doctor Eggman accidentally wakes him in his chamber on "Christmas Island" and ever since then Sonic been helping the residence as he viewed Eggman's plots as being evil...then boom Sonic 1.

beat that crack pot theory! :3

Sonic and Shadow are brothers

Sonic's entire past was a lie. Gerald made another ultimate life and infused him with false memories and an opposite personality to Shadow, crazy events lead to Sonic being discontinued since he didn't seem to poses chaos abilities and was a failure. He then was sent to Earth in a chamber and landed on Christmas Island. Doctor Eggman accidentally wakes him in his chamber on "Christmas Island" and ever since then Sonic been helping the residence as he viewed Eggman's plots as being evil...then boom Sonic 1.

beat that crack pot theory! :3

Big the cat is eggman nega in disguise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the plot:

The princess gets kidnapped and held hostage yet again by the giant fire breathing turtle-dragon hybrid thing and taken to his giant menacing fortress and the plumber has to go save her yet again by beating down a load of mushrooms, fish, turtles and the like and collecting coins, flowers and st....

Oh wait, wrong game...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2