Awoo.

Time to discuss the plot! Already!

Diquro

Wait a second...

Time holes?

Tropy.gif

Crashing Sonic the Hedgehog: Bandicoot Generations

It all makes sense now.

You do realize he was talking about the game being the problem, and not the character, right?

Of course. But his words sounded like if Shadow would not appeared in franchise, than there would no be S06 in future and would no be such bad game. But I'm talking that if game was not completed than it will be bad no matter how many and which characters, type of gameplay, story, atmosphere etc. it contains.

I was kind of talking about both; My first post referred to his game, and the second referred to how much more plot focus he had than Sonic.

It's not Shadow's and not SA2's fault that his story with Ark was so prolonged and took so much part of the story in future games. SA2 just told us great story, which continuation was showed not good. Interesting that S06 not continued that. It not contained any word about tragedy on Ark and Shadow's story not took much time than other. Moreover you said that with Unleashed people started respecting the franchise again, but Werehog was strongly hated by many people. His appearance was disapproved.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's not Shadow's and not SA2's fault that his story with Ark was so prolonged and took so much part of the story in future games. SA2 just told us great story, which continuation was showed not good. Interesting that S06 not continued that. It not contained any word about tragedy on Ark and Shadow's story not took much time than other. Moreover you said that with Unleashed people started respecting the franchise again, but Werehog was strongly hated by many people. His appearance was disapproved.

And Sa2 was hated by many people for its really terrible playstyles, Actually if you look at it mathematically Unleashed is better than Sa2 why: 1/3 of Sa2 is crap, while 1/2 of Unleashed is crap.

And moreso Unleashed sold more than SA2.

1/3 is less than 1/2: 33.3% versus 50%.

Further on that point, am I the only one annoyed by the continually-perpetuated "fact" that any past gameplay style that wasn't strictly run your head off was irredeemable garbage?

• Thumbs Up 1

Further on that point, am I the only one annoyed by the continually-perpetuated "fact" that any past gameplay style that wasn't strictly run your head off was irredeemable garbage?

Is that bad?

And moreso Unleashed sold more than SA2.

Because SU was on 4 consoles. SA2 was on 2 consoles, moreover version on the second console is remake released later than original.

And Sa2 was hated by many people for its really terrible playstyles, Actually if you look at it mathematically Unleashed is better than Sa2 why: 1/3 of Sa2 is crap, while 1/2 of Unleashed is crap.

1/3 < 1/2. So why SU is better?

Believe me: you are much not only one.

Edited by Sanek ULF

1/3 < 1/2. So why SU is better?

He made a typo. It's pretty obvious what he meant.

He made a typo. It's pretty obvious what he meant.

Shame that 2/3rds of the game is only subjectively "crap", and the game was also made 7 years earlier. And yes, time IS an excuse for poorer quality; play Tomb Raider 2 or 3 and see how well it stacks up to Legends or Underworld, for example.

Sonic Adventure 2, at the time of it's release, was praised as a great game, and when it was ported to the Gamecube, was downgraded to a good game at best for... whatever reason. Point is, the reviews weren't quite as good, but still, it has a solid 8/10 75/100 average, or something along those lines. You don't like it, more power to you, but stop trying to rewrite history and move the fuck on.

How the hell did this "argument" even pop up in the plot topic anyway?!

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Point is, the reviews weren't quite as good, but still, it has a solid 8/10 average, or something along those lines.

It was actually an 7 Average. And Reviewers were more forgiving...I remember Gamezone saying something similary to your typical Unleashed Review: "The Sonic/Shadow level are explosive as ever, but the rest avoids of any fun", yet they gave it a 7.5, where as Unleashed would have gotten a way lower score. And the 2 biggest Websites at the Time, IGN and Gamespot gave it a below 7, an even lower score than Unleashed Wii.

It was actually an 7 Average. And Reviewers were more forgiving...I remember Gamezone saying something similary to your typical Unleashed Review: "The Sonic/Shadow level are explosive as ever, but the rest avoids of any fun", yet they gave it a 7.5, where as Unleashed would have gotten a way lower score. And the 2 biggest Websites at the Time, IGN and Gamespot gave it a below 7, an even lower score than Unleashed Wii.

Whoops, 75 about, according to Metacritic. Still, not bad though, considering a chief complaint of the port is simply that it's not aptly updated to Gamecube standards, like a competent port should be.

And I could level that most people complained at not getting enough Sonic, but the mech stages are so similar that I don't think those should detracted from the experience, and based on the scores for both versions, even though they complained about it, it looks like it didn't impact the score all that much. While the mech stages aren't quite as fast as the Sonic stages and don't let you run-and-jump your foes like you should in a Sonic game, they still kept the action moving at least so you 1) felt like the game was moving and 2) you didn't have to wait so long to get to the next level. And yes, I'll gladly admit I prefer Sonic to Tails the mech anyday, but after playing the game for the first time in over a year, and trying to be objective about it my experience with it, that's my personal verdict. Overall, my opinions of the game haven't changed very much since I first played it as a 9-year-old boy. I can't speak for the fanbase, but again; it just seems like the "someone hates this game so it must be cool to hate it" syndrome that seems so wonderfully fucking rampant these days :)

Edited by EXshad

And I could level that most people complained at not getting enough Sonic, but the mech stages are so similar that I don't think those should detracted from the experience, and based on the scores for both versions, even though they complained about it, it looks like it didn't impact the score all that much. While the mech stages aren't quite as fast as the Sonic stages and don't let you run-and-jump your foes like you should in a Sonic game, they still kept the action moving at least so you 1) felt like the game was moving and 2) you didn't have to wait so long to get to the next level. And yes, I'll gladly admit I prefer Sonic to Tails the mech anyday, but after playing the game for the first time in over a year, and trying to be objective about it my experience with it, that's my personal verdict. Overall, my opinions of the game haven't changed very much since I first played it as a 9-year-old boy. I can't speak for the fanbase, but again; it just seems like the "someone hates this game so it must be cool to hate it" syndrome that seems so wonderfully fucking rampant these days :)

Bullshit. The mech stages were not "not quite as fast", they were ridiculously slow, even by the standards of other games. Mario moves faster than the stupid mech.

I tried playing the game objectively last year as well. The result? 1/3 of the game is a boring chore, 1/3 is nauseating, and 1/3 is fun. I detest SA2, and want to smash my computer whenever someone says it was the last great game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Bullshit. The mech stages were not "not quite as fast", they were ridiculously slow, even by the standards of other games. Mario moves faster than the stupid mech.

And again, whether you like it or not is opinion. I've personally never made that claim, especially since I moderately liked Heroes and Unleashed, and Colors was, honestly, a better game to me. That said, who gives a shit anymore? It's a 10-year-old game that at the time of it's release, got loads of praise, especially considering it was one of the most technologically developed games on the Dreamcast at the time, and after it was RE-released, people more or less saw it for what it was; an above-average, but not outright brilliant game. So there. I said it.

Besides, I've always been an Adventure 1 fan myself anyway ;)

Edited by EXshad

Tails and Robotnik's mechs were pretty damn fast when you played stages that wasn't 90% platforming.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

The Mechs may have been relatively quick, but that didn't stop them from being clunky as fuck to control.

Anyway, lets not get into this whole debate.

The SA2 formula has essentially evolved in Unleashed. They play so similarly, its not even funny. SA2 just has no boost,

I detest SA2, and want to smash my computer whenever someone says it was the last great game.

You might wanna see a psychiatrist for that dude.

People can be silly or stupid, but it's a huge jump of rage to get that angry on SA2. :lol:

Sorry, maybe I took that exaggeration a bit too far. Comments like that annoy me, and seeing a lot of them back to back can admittedly put me in a bad mood. It's only the death threats I get for my SA2 review that make me rage. d:

Sorry, maybe I took that exaggeration a bit too far. Comments like that annoy me, and seeing a lot of them back to back can admittedly put me in a bad mood. It's only the death threats I get for my SA2 review that make me rage. d:

DEATH threats...... really?

Well, given how far the "war" got with Drummond vs. Griffith fans, I won't put anything above a fringe Sonic fan, I guess.

Well learn to laugh at that kind of stuff.

Seriously, how many people would waste time carrying out a death threat? VERY few, and even then, they'd be wasting more than just time.

Just don't be too much of a dick about it, lest you risk people ignoring your points even more.

Oh, they're funny, it's just when you get them ad nauseum that they start getting annoying, and when people start treating me like an idiot because I don't like their favorite game, I get pissed. I can deal with the occasional idiot, but having them pop out every three seconds can get aggravating.

You know, I'd probably crack under that kinda pressure as well. But only on a site Youtube.

Thank goodness for the SSMB, eh? ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

SO yeah, topic?

Kinda hard to do until we get some new info. So expect something random until then, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1