Awoo.

Time to discuss the plot! Already!

Diquro

You just know that the final scene will have all the Classic characters on one side of the screen, and all the Modern characters on the other side of the screen. Both Sonics in the middle shaking hands or high fiving before the Modern cast departs through the time portal (or vice versa). It's too perfect a shot NOT to do.

Makes me hopeful for a final scene after the credits with Eggman and Robotnik (I'm calling them that, shut up) doing the opposite and not getting along. It's certainly possible after Unleashed and Colours both gave Eggman the last scene.

'Villain' Knuckles as in he doesn't trust Sonic and thinks he is the enemy. Not that he is particularly evil, but he is a foe of Sonic.

There is very much potential hilarity between Modern and Classic Sonic & Knuckles.

But like I said that was only when C. Knuckles was tricked by Robotnik, now if the game takes place in that time period(Which is likely) then yeah, I can see it, hell I can Classic & Modern teaming up to take down the Sonic's.

You just know that the final scene will have all the Classic characters on one side of the screen, and all the Modern characters on the other side of the screen. Both Sonics in the middle shaking hands or high fiving before the Modern cast departs through the time portal (or vice versa). It's too perfect a shot NOT to do.

That reminds me, I just thought of the perfect title for this game other than Generations:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: HEDGEHOGS FOREVER.

Because sometimes two Hedgehogs aren't enough.

Makes me hopeful for a final scene after the credits with Eggman and Robotnik (I'm calling them that, shut up) doing the opposite and not getting along. It's certainly possible after Unleashed and Colours both gave Eggman the last scene.

You may as well, how else are we gonna tell them apart.

Still the same person, dude. :P

Although, we might as well anyway.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

To me, the classic round fat ass will ALWAYS be Robotnik to me, while the slimmer, portly big boss will always be Eggman.

Edited by Black Spy

I'm not sure how the plot's going to be, but I'm gonna guess that there will be some form of time paradox. In other words, Eggman decided to "reconstruct" time in order to defeat Sonic. He (and maybe his friends) would be sucked back into time to meet their "younger"), Classic counterparts. Along the way, Eggman meets his beach-ball counterpart, and they either team up or compete with each other to see who defeats Sonic first.

The tone: My guess is that it's gonna be a mix of light and serious, ala Unleashed and the Classics (S3&K was as dark as Adventure 2, BTW). However, I couldn't care less, as long as the characters are well-written and characterized correctly, especially Modern Sonic, who was disgustingly out of character in Colors Wii.

I'm not sure how the plot's going to be, but I'm gonna guess that there will be some form of time paradox. In other words, Eggman decided to "reconstruct" time in order to defeat Sonic. He (and maybe his friends) would be sucked back into time to meet their "younger"), Classic counterparts. Along the way, Eggman meets his beach-ball counterpart, and they either team up or compete with each other to see who defeats Sonic first.

The tone: My guess is that it's gonna be a mix of light and serious, ala Unleashed and the Classics (S3&K was as dark as Adventure 2, BTW). However, I couldn't care less, as long as the characters are well-written and characterized correctly, especially Modern Sonic, who was disgustingly out of character in Colors Wii.

Dude really, they just need to cutback on the amount of joking around he does, if they did that I would say Colors was the best interpretation ever, it makes Sonic seem less like a typical hero in my book.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude really, they just need to cutback on the amount of joking around he does, if they did that I would say Colors was the best interpretation ever, it makes Sonic seem less like a typical hero in my book.

True, you make a good point. However, the clichéd jokes never bothered me that much as a standalone. I just didn't feel like they fit all that well with Sonic's character.

Nonetheless, I can't wait to play it and see how the plot unfolds. ;)

However, I couldn't care less, as long as the characters are well-written and characterized correctly, especially Modern Sonic, who was disgustingly out of character in Colors Wii.

If by "out of character" you mean "not bland and annoying." If you ask me, Colors is the first game to give Sonic and Tails actual personality for a long time, and that's the characterization that should stay for Generations.

Anyway, when I first read the plot synopsis, I was a little worried, but if the Colors writers are working on it, it will probably be good. I'm guessing that Metal Sonic and/or Classic Robotnik is the "new enemy" mentioned in the synopsis. I know it's not necessarily "new," but considering the nature of the game, it would make more sense than introducing a brand new villain to the franchise. If they DO introduce a new enemy, I think they know by now that we don't want another "monster of the week". Oh, and Sonic Team, would it be too much trouble to give Fang the Sniper some screen time? Just this once? :) Also, about characterization, I think that Classic Sonic shouldn't talk. That was how he was in the classics, and it could possibly add to his charm if he only communicated through facial expressions and gestures.

True, you make a good point. However, the clichéd jokes never bothered me that much as a standalone. I just didn't feel like they fit all that well with Sonic's character.

Nonetheless, I can't wait to play it and see how the plot unfolds. ;)

Sonic's a jokster though, it just hasn't been played up all that much.

I mean do you really want the bland, Sonic who's all about 'FRIENDSHIP IS AWESOME".

Wait if Sonic's friends are kidnapped? Oh god if Shadow gets kidnapped....Best. Cutscene. Ever.

Sonic: Wait, you got captured?

Shadow: He caught me off guard.

Sonic: Yeah, right. Oh man this is just too sweet, the Ultimate Lifeform a damsel in distress.

Shadow: Just free me.

Sonic: In a minute princess.

hilarity will ensue if that happens.

I had to do it.

Anyone care to animate this scene? :P

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad they went with a time travel sort of thing, rather than alternate dimensions or some such shit.

Also if they have any sense, the villain will be one or both of the Eggmen (that is, classic and/or modern Eggman, not Nega).

I'm glad they went with a time travel sort of thing, rather than alternate dimensions or some such shit.

Also if they have any sense, the villain will be one or both of the Eggmen (that is, classic and/or modern Eggman, not Nega).

Well if Colors is anything to go by,

Except Knuckles was never a villain, he was tricked, and even then he was just defending his home, and I don't think he was out to hurt Sonic & Tails just make them leave.

He threw a fucking boulder onto me, sending me plummeting hundreds of feet into the depths of a volcano. THAT MOTHERFUCKER WAS OUT FOR BLOOD!

I mean do you really want the bland, Sonic who's all about 'FRIENDSHIP IS AWESOME".

No, but I don't want Sonic to act like a total dork either. I mean really...... BBBE? Baldy McNosehair? REALLY?

• Thumbs Up 4

He threw a fucking boulder onto me, sending me plummeting hundreds of feet into the depths of a volcano. THAT MOTHERFUCKER WAS OUT FOR BLOOD!

No, but I don't want Sonic to act like a total dork either. I mean really...... BBBE? Baldy McNosehair? REALLY?

HOLY SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT.

Well Colors was targeted at a younger demographic, hence the more childish jokes. Generations seems to be more for the general crowd, so we may get better jokes.

Classic Robotnik is confirmed more or less. Check the sign post in the gameplay video.

I'm just hoping we get to see Amy's original design, or Rosy the Rascal as she was sometimes called. Oh and the Classics better not talk, I hope they do that Brawl Subspace thing with only a few "Hah"s and "Hehe"s here and there.

There's a chance for some really cartoon villiany moments with Robotnik and Eggman though, disagreeing and hitting eachother with big hammers and whatnot. That reminds me though, which Robotnik are we going to be getting?

Edited by Wordy

I'm just hoping we get to see Amy's original design, or Rosy the Rascal as she was sometimes called. Oh and the Classics better not talk, I hope they do that Brawl Subspace thing with only a few "Hah"s and "Hehe"s here and there.

There's a chance for some really cartoon villiany moments with Robotnik and Eggman though, disagreeing and hitting eachother with big hammers and whatnot. That reminds me though, which Robotnik are we going to be getting?

EggmanUgly.png

Robotnik.jpg

In case you missed the memo, we're getting C. Robotnik.

Definetly the former one.

No way I would want to see that ugly excuse of a Robotnik design from SatAM. <_<

No way I would want to see that ugly excuse of a Robotnik design from SatAM. <_<

Though the Red Eyes are a nice touch.

In case you missed the memo, we're getting C. Robotnik.

Where was that? Must've missed it :blink:

PS: I didn't realise the images'd be that large, removed them!

EDIT: Just looked, started posting just as Blue Blood got in. Good thing too, I hate that ugly SatAm...thing.

Edited by Wordy

Though the Red Eyes are a nice touch.

Never cared for the red eyes. He just doesn't look as cute, yet still be a funny villain. :P

Don't worry, we're not. The gameplay footage confirms we're getting the awesome design.

Never cared for the red eyes. He just doesn't look as cute, yet still be a funny villain. :P

Well on Archie Eggman they're a nice touch, showing he's both scary as fuck, but still jovial.