Awoo.

Time to discuss the plot! Already!

Diquro

Well on Archie Eggman they're a nice touch, showing he's both scary as fuck, but still jovial.

'Scary' doesn't really come to my mind when it comes to any incarnation of Robotnik though, regardless if it's SatAM or Archie.

'Scary' doesn't really come to my mind when it comes to any incarnation of Robotnik though, regardless if it's SatAM or Archie.

I don't know those eyes gave off a really creepy vibe in the comics, especially after he went insane.

But getting back on topic.

So everyone's favorite ball of angst is back, as well as that echidna that's tough as nails. ITs good because no one can complain that's not doing his job, getting sucked into a time warp kinda calls for action.

I'm personally waitng for more info on the plot or at least some cutscene footage before believing Shadow or Knuckles will serve some purpose in this game. The synopsis sounds rather shaky and un-concrete to me since we don't know how many/what characters will exactly play a part in all this.

I'm personally waitng for more info on the plot or at least some cutscene footage before believing Shadow or Knuckles will serve some purpose in this game. The synopsis sounds rather shaky and un-concrete to me since we don't know how many/what characters will exactly play a part in all this.

True. Unleashed was said to have Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Shadow and two of the, we're still MIA.

Though Iizuka himself said that they're gonna appear.

I'll say it again:

THE POWER RANGERS ARE BACK TOGETHER

I will laugh if Fang turns out to be the "new villain," even if it's /incredibly/ unlikely.

I just want a cameo from him, really.

I would be very amused if Fang/Bark/Bean/etc. had an appearance or cameo and none of the modern-style characters could remember who they are.

What If all the characters (including Robotnik/Eggman) had to team up to stop Iizuka and SEGA from destroying their respective worlds/times. The ultimate villains... Not that I dislike them but that'd be pretty funny.

I sort of expect a traditional Super Sonic battle at the end of the game, with Classic and Modern working together against one boss.

I sort of expect a traditional Super Sonic battle at the end of the game, with Classic and Modern working together against one boss.

Makes me think... more than one set of Chaos Emeralds? You know, the Classic hexagon like ones and the modern Brilliant Cut ones? Would be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Makes me think... more than one set of Chaos Emeralds? You know, the Classic hexagon like ones and the modern Brilliant Cut ones? Would be awesome.

I'm going to picture the most rare case scenario here.

Since its pretty much confirmed that multiple characters can go Super at the same time with one set of emeralds;

Maybe the inevitable final FINAL boss battle will have double sets and Hyper forms oh jeezus.

Edited by Carbo

Since its pretty much confirmed that multiple characters can go Super at the same time with one set of emeralds;

Maybe the inevitable final FINAL boss battle will have double sets and Hyper forms oh jeezus.

Oh great, now you make me think they're going to jinx the damn game with you hyping me up to 11 like they did with Sonic 06.

This looks a bit more complete by comparison, but still...

not trying to put anyone on the down with this tho.

Yeah... no. It's be cool to see the Super Emeralds again, but really? I'd be surprised, and I don't know if it's be in a good way.

I'm wondering if Metal Sonic is that "new mysterious nemesis".

The fact that you used the word "new" pretty much debunks that considering Metal isn't new. Although given how it's still in the unknown, it's not for certain.

Time rifts?

soniccycle.jpg

You realize the damn cycle was broken with Sonic Colors, right?

My guess on the plot is Modern Eggman, Cubot, and Orbot extracting revenge on Sonic, right where Colors let off. Perhaps Eggman has collected the Emeralds and creates multiple Chaos Controls that suck up Sonic's friends in the hopes of luring him into a trap. Perhaps to aid him with this, he contacts Classic Eggman, who does the same thing, creating a tunnel in time?

I hope this is close to the plot, and not something contrived like "the monster Timeo has sucked up Sonic's friend, and Sonic must go super to defeat him" or something. I also hope we're pleasently surprised by some of the twists and events the story manages to execute.

Edited by EXshad

You realize the damn cycle was broken with Sonic Colors, right?

The cycle may have been halted, but it can always restart and, I must emphasize this point, one half-okay game and one good game cannot repair the damage done to Sonic and Sega by Sonic Team's years of mediocre-to-bad games. It will take years and several Sonic games living up to their hype with few-to-no cock-ups before his image begins to really heal, before gamers outside the fanbase begin to see new Sonic games as being worth playing again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Oh no. That would really screw with everyone. 14 Chaos emeralds, 2 hogs, 1 game. Sonic Generations. Talk about something that could be different. wow 14 emeralds.

The cycle may have been halted, but it can always restart and, I must emphasize this point, one half-okay game and one good game cannot repair the damage done to Sonic and Sega by Sonic Team's years of mediocre-to-bad games. It will take years and several Sonic games living up to their hype with few-to-no cock-ups before his image begins to really heal, before gamers outside the fanbase begin to see new Sonic games as being worth playing again.

And who here has been denying that? We've known that the moment Unleashed came out into the fray and gave people half of what they wanted, and we still realized that even while we were enjoying Colors while it left us begging for more improvement.

But of all times, is this really the moment to be bringing it back? The heated discussions and chaos were practically why Pelly of all people came in and banned posting it, and I honestly think she was in the right by preventing people from bringing it up even more so when people were trolling it around with Sonic 4.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Sonic Cycle only truly applied to one game, Sonic 06.

And I thought discussion about it was banned ages ago.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree EXCEPT I will also point out it could also take one AMAZING game to switch minds. I will reiterate and say how unlikely this is as it's not just based on quality, but also on luck and sales, reception both critically and with fans and those outside fans to enjoy it and make new fans.

This is a very rare occurrence but it does happen every once n a while. The one that come to my mind immediately is Resident Evil 4.

Just being all technical, I feel like I will really enjoy the game but doubt it would reach those levels as those are extremely rare occurring. Coincidentally, Sonic already had this occurrence in his lifetime. Past the clones and other games of the time, the original Sonic ignited almost immediate interest into his character and games. However, that is slightly different as that is launching the unknown and not coming out of a slump and being recognized as quality again.

Sonic Cycle only truly applied to one game, Sonic 06.

Two games technically, ShTH.

And I thought discussion about it was banned ages ago.

It was, for the obvious reasons that it would cause trouble in discussions. I'm honestly on the verge of contacting Pelly on this to reinforce the ban.

It's one thing to be critical and pessimistic over a game, but the Cycle is dragging it too far.

Oh no. That would really screw with everyone. 14 Chaos emeralds, 2 hogs, 1 game. Sonic Generations. Talk about something that could be different. wow 14 emeralds.

Haha :P The Chaos Emeralds will be involved though. Somehow. And seeing 14 Chaos ones wouldn't surprise me at all. Though seeing only 7 because of their time and space manipulating properties wouldn't be surprising either.