Awoo.

Time to discuss the plot! Already!

Diquro

All I'm gonna say is there's alot of potential, and I hope the writers take full advantage of it.

You realize it's a damn joke right?

Considering the problems it caused the past, how posting it and most references of it was banned, and the debate it slightly stirred up here? No.

Could've fooled me.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Source

the story opens with Sonic "and his friends" being pulled into a rift in time by a "mysterious power."

I suspect that we're in for a big plot-heavy Unleashed-style opening cutscene, then, instead of Colours' music video-style opening and cut straight to the action. I'm pretty curious to see who'll be there and whether there'll be any explanation... will it be a Great Legend War-esque team-up of all of the characters against Eggman/the new villain if there is one during which they're all sucked off together, or will we see each character being pulled into a different time hole while they're off minding their own business? Hm.

Either way, I suspect that we'll be getting a lot more plot here than we did in Colours. I just don't see how the inclusion of so many established characters and a time-travel plot, even a pretty straightforward one, could be handled as simplistically as Colours was.

I don't know if this has been said yet, but I think it would be awesome if the plot involved intefering with the past, completely breaking continuity and nearly causing a time paradox but somehow finding a ridiculous way to sew everything back together at the end.

It would also be pretty sweet if during the final boss fight, time would start breaking apart and different pieces of the environment would keep morphing between past, future, and present, making lots of alternate paths that keep fusing together.

Yeah...

I kind of hope that they go back to a more serious style of storytelling. Not Sonic 2006 serious, more along the lines of Sonic Adventure1&2 serious. I'm kind of tired of these lighter stories.

robnik2.jpgI'd love to see this verison of Robotnik appear in the games. I'm sick of goofy manchild Robotnik. I want Robotnik to actally be a threat to Sonic again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm sick of goofy manchild Robotnik. I want Robotnik to actally be a threat to Sonic again.

So blowing up half the moon to hold the world hostage, cracking open the earth to unleash a giant monster, threatening to nuke a city, and knocking the Super out of Super Sonic isn't much of a threat?

And what does the SatAM Robotnik have on his resume to compete with that? He conquered a world, but what else has he done aside from that?

robnik2.jpgI'd love to see this verison of Robotnik appear in the games. I'm sick of goofy manchild Robotnik. I want Robotnik to actally be a threat to Sonic again.

Again? He never did anything in the classic games.

He put animals in robots.

And he built a Death Star parody with his face on it.

It didn't even do anything.

That's it.

Edited by HunterTSF

So blowing up half the moon to hold the world hostage, cracking open the earth to unleash a giant monster, threatening to nuke a city, and knocking the Super out of Super Sonic isn't much of a threat?

I half agree with you on some things. But my point still stands that Robotnik is becoming less evil and is becoming more of a manchild that is hard to take seriously as a threat.

Well Satam Robotnik actually challenges Sonic's love for freedom. Game Robotnik doesn't really challenge Sonic's love for freedom.

Robotnik wasn't really goofy in Sonic Adventure 1&2. In fact in "SA 1" he was going blow up a city. That doesn't sound goofy to me.

Robotnik wasn't really goofy in Sonic Adventure 1&2. In fact in "SA 1" he was going blow up a city. That doesn't sound goofy to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm gone for one day and look what happens.....

Anyways, happy to hear about other characters. we have Kirk Thorntons Shadow droll to look forward to! (No sarcasm, I liked the voice)

On the Robotnik scale, I feel he should look like classic Robotnik (Not really Satam), but maybe have Jim Cummings voice. Or at least pick someone who has voiced him like the guy in the movie. Strangely, I think Robotnik will be more goofy than Eggman. Evidence? Look at the machines he makes and compare them to Eggmans. The Eggmans seem so much more serious (First Sonic 1 boss vs First Sonic Adventure boss for one example)

SatAM Robotnik VS Game Robotnik and who's eviler? Haven't we had this discussion enough times already?

With entire threads dedicated to it? XD

I always see the same argument around here.

- SatAM Robotnik was cooler and more sinister, game Robotnik is a joke

- Did your Robotnik blow the moon in half and make mind-control devices and kidnap aliens and break the planet and defeat Super Sonic?!

- Yeah, game Robotnik has charisma and personality which makes a much more interesting and deep character rather than someone who does things 'for the evuls'. He wanted to be like his grandfather! He's gentlemanly and even gives people sandwiches but he's still a threat!

- SatAM Robotnik is a force to be reckoned with and already took over the world. Also, he fits a darker, more mature Sonic.

- Hey, pointless evil doesn't equal dark! Characters don't have to be PURE EVIL to fit in a dark story! In fact, your Robotnik seems really shallow.

- Yeah, well game Robotnik doesn't know when to be serious when the plot needs it!

- What about in SA1 when he gets mad at Tails and is all like "I will make mincemeat out of you" all calm and scary-like?

And so on...

I half agree with you on some things. But my point still stands that Robotnik is becoming less evil and is becoming more of a manchild that is hard to take seriously as a threat.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

That's kind of the concept they went with him from day one. Except that still doesn't negate the fact that Game Robotnik (oh hey, I actually used that name!) has a list of crimes that would make Hitler look like civilian.

Goofy does not make a character less evil.

I can imagine a few era-specific jokes to be littered throughout the story. Maybe Amy mistaking C.Sonic for M.Sonic and hugging him? Or M.Sonic calling C.Sonic "Faker"?

Just as long as we don't have to deal with any stupid humans or random monsters.

You make Eggman sad. :(

Aside from him though (Which I'm guessing you meant), how do humans automatically make the storylines darker and edgier? Professor Pickle was a cheerful goofy happy guy, and to me far more enjoyable than Chip (Who I found intensely grating). There's a correlation between human presence and darker storyline, but that doesn't mean that human NPCs cause those darker storylines to happen.

EDIT: Also, to the Eggman/Robotnik discussion... SatAM Robotnik never appeared in the games and never will. The closest you'll get are AoStH Robotnik appearing in Mean Bean Machine and that weird giant Game/SatAM hybrid abomination that appeared at the end of Sonic Spinball.

It makes me sad that some people honestly act like classic "Mickey Mouse pants, cape, and pince-nez glasses" Eggman was somehow supposed to be one and the same with SatAM's Julian, who barely even resembles him. Changed boxart doesn't fool anyone when you leave the in-game sprites exactly the same, guys.

Hopefully this game will show classic Eggman in fully-rendered 3D glory, to kill off the last lingering sect of "Classic Robotnik had holes for eyes with red pupils and went around roboticizing animals" revisionism. Classic is not cartoon, and never was (Aside from two cartoon tie-in games of extremely tenuous canon status).

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if this game is canon? Because it's strange that Classic Sonic would canonically be the past version of Modern Sonic. I thought Sonic's new design was pretty much a retcon. It wouldn't make sense if Classic Sonic was in fact a younger version of Modern Sonic who got green eyes by aging.

That might not be true in time meaning different univesre meaning classic sonic is a complete different sonic. rubyeclispe confimed they were the same person but said sort of.

That might not be true in time meaning different univesre meaning classic sonic is a complete different sonic. rubyeclispe confimed they were the same person but said sort of.

I see them as all part of the same cohesive continuity, honestly.

He's taller? Sonic grew up a bit. His eye color changed? Who needs a magical explanation (see Archie) when you can just chalk it up to something as mundane as Sonic getting contact lenses?

To me, it's always made sense that Adventure just picks up where Sonic R left off (or perhaps after a brief time skip, to explain the design differences). No need to say that there's an alternate universe just because the designs changed a bit. Humans? They've always been there (Witchcart in the classic games; As well as modern cities implying human occupants). Hopefully this game finally clears up the matter once and for all.

You make Eggman sad. :(

Aside from him though (Which I'm guessing you meant), how do humans automatically make the storylines darker and edgier? Professor Pickle was a cheerful goofy happy guy, and to me far more enjoyable than Chip (Who I found intensely grating). There's a correlation between human presence and darker storyline, but that doesn't mean that human NPCs cause those darker storylines to happen.

By "stupid humans" I was referring of course to all humans who aren't Robnotnik. There's no need for them.

You've got C. Sonic & M. Sonic, C. Robotnik & M. Robotnik (maybe), and various cast members from over the years (I pray not too many; too many cooks etc). I hardly think humans would be a necessary or beneficial addition to that already crowded field. Frankly, I think the game is already at risk since Shadow et al will be returning in some form.

Also, something about Robotnik no longer being the only human diluting all the hey-let's-read-deeply-into-simple-shit symbolism that might've been there before; the only human you ever saw was a fat-cat-esque captain of science and industry wanting to industrialize the entire world and put nature in chains, with Sonic being a conservationist/Luddite/people's hero animal out to protect his fellow flora and fauna yadda yadda yadda...

The plot involves Time Travel so I'm pretty sure C. Sonic is M. Sonic's younger self.