Awoo.

Concerns?

Blue Blood

I think My Chemical Romance is doing the music, or at least City Escape.

That was just trailer music. People who went to Sonic Boom say that Escape From the City is still the level theme, though Modern and Classic Sonic have their own remixes.

Honestly, if "Na Na Na" turned out to be the theme from City Escape and SEGA threw out Escape From the City, I'd staple Gerald Way's balls to that fucking truck with saw blades.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'd staple Gerald Way's balls to that fucking truck with saw blades.

gerard_way_scared_face_by_fallendisasters-d3ahogn.jpg

Harsh, dude... the man has a wife and kid!

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I got a legitimate concern now.

After watching all the media we’ve gotten so far, I seem to get the feeling that the squad working on this game lost a bit of the inspired implementations of the badnicks. While stuff like the giant Chomper and Gun Truck have been ushered in with a manner that is nothing short of impressive, the little guys of the franchise seem even more static than usual. Badniks have historically been little more than cannon fodder for our hero, but Colors stepped up the pace with great usage of Motobugs and Burrowbots.

Of course, I am only speculating. But I do dearly hope that Generations finds a cool little niche for some of our favorite Eggman robots.

Also, off topic, but am I the only one who wants to see an Egg Pawn stand alongside an Egg Fighter? Shoot throw in an Egg Robo and it can be a party. :lol:

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Badniks have historically been little more than cannon fodder for our hero, but Colors stepped up the pace with great usage of Motobugs and Burrowbots.

Question. How did motobugs have any great usage in Colours? The only times I can even remember them was when they got their own stages and those were pretty damn boring not to mention that they were just as easy to kill as anything else... Hell, they were EASIER.

Question. How did motobugs have any great usage in Colours? The only times I can even remember them was when they got their own stages and those were pretty damn boring not to mention that they were just as easy to kill as anything else... Hell, they were EASIER.

I never meant to say they were harder to kill, just that the dev's took it upon themselves to stretch the concept of those badniks farther than they were ever intended to go.

Playing "Road Hog" against a pack of Motobugs is a blast, and shows that the developers put a bit of thought into how they could freshen up an old favorite. I certainly was stoked about it when the little guys first appeared in Starlight carnival 1. Rather than having them remain static, 2D enemies, the Motobug (and the Burrowbot) got re-imagined into what we saw in Colors. Fresh ideas that were nostalgic at the same time.

(they did pop up once more in a stage entirely devoted to the concept during Asteroid Coaster - and again at the endgame)

Looking at the Motobugs and Gun Mech's in Generations, they still just sit around and take pop shots (but the latter can be forgiven due to the emphasis on the Truck). I just hope that in stages where there is no obvious headliner, that the Dev's will allow the badniks and the environments to show us a new spin on an old classic. That's pretty much the name of the game for Generations, so I hope they prove their worth and get it done.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

SeaDogTagz, I think you make a great point. I actually noticed the same thing about the bots in City Escape footage. It literally looks like they just stand in place. I mean I gueeess that's what enemies have almost always done in Sonic games, but I too would appreciate a little ingenuity with what they do.

I thought they fired at you just like they do in SA2, except you're attacking them too quickly for them to respond.

I thought they fired at you just like they do in SA2, except you're attacking them too quickly for them to respond.

The Classic Sonic vids show that they will shoot if given the time.

SeaDogTagz,

I now have a sweet new moniker for whenever that Pirate Day rolls around again. :lol:

(Ninja's are still better though)

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 3

Is anyone else concerned about the 3ds version as much as I am? That's my only true concern.

Edited by Silverfang

Is anyone else concerned about the 3ds version as much as I am? That's my only true concern.

I'm not concerned about the 3DS version at all, it looks awesome. Yeah the uncurling is there, and that's annoying. But it's not a gamebreaker.

Edited by Speederino

One of my concerns is the PS3 version. Apparently, it didn't run as smooth as the 360 version and had problems at E3. I'm a little worried and hope they fix everything, because this was the version I planned on getting. I also hope both versions come out on the same day, and they don't release the PS3 version a month after like they did with Unleashed and '06.

if I recall correctly, the 2 month delay came about amidst complications arising from porting the PS3 version over from the 360. It appears the brunt of the work is being done on the PS3 for this go round, so that concern may be quelled a a tiny bit.

Is the PS3 version especially chuggy? I've heard that the 3D knocks it down a notch, but the 360 version supports 3D too.....

Edited by Sega DogTagz

At this point the gameplay looks fantastic so I've got no concerns about that.

My concern now is the story and how will it play out. I hope ST at least TRY to make a decent story, lighthearted or not.

I don't want melodrama, or ancient gods trying to destroy the world, but I don't want Sonic telling lame jokes and not even trying to take the game seriously, I just want an engaging story that tries to rely less on the series` most overused cliches(Chaos Emeralds, God Monsters, etc.), and doesn't drop a plot point for the sake of a gag; it can be lighthearted, but it should take itself seriously when it matters, characterization should be consistent and not thrown out the window for the sake of the plot.

Edited by Shadic93

Yeah, some places claimed the PS3 version didn't run as smooth as the 360 version. It could be, though, that they were playing with the 3D on. I heard that the PS3 is the main version this time around as well, so hopefully we won't have too many issues here.

Chimpo says that both versions of the game run fantastically in 2D. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, some places claimed the PS3 version didn't run as smooth as the 360 version. It could be, though, that they were playing with the 3D on. I heard that the PS3 is the main version this time around as well, so hopefully we won't have too many issues here.

The PS3 supports active 3D like the 3DS. It basically means that the PS3 has to render the graphics twice, once for each eye. Thus the framerate halves.

The 360 just supports anaglyphic 3D, which is basically the 1970's style red/blue or red/green coloured filtres for the 3D effect, this requires no noticable effort from the console, and its the lazy and cheap version of 3D.

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard that the PS3 is the main version this time around as well, so hopefully we won't have too many issues here.

Yes, but we're talking about Generations here, which is not stereoscopic on the 360, according to Sonic Boom reports.

Assuming they're practically the same, just go to the theaters on a movie that screens a 3D movie and smuggle a pair or two out of there.

Thank you, Tron: Legacy.

Well then, that's great news......for anyone who can afford a 3D TV and their ludicrously priced Active Shutter Glasses.

Assuming they're practically the same, just go to the theaters on a movie that screens a 3D movie and smuggle a pair or two out of there.

Thank you, Tron: Legacy.