Awoo.

Concerns?

Blue Blood

is narrower and uneventful than any of the Unleashed HD stages. It's like a corridor.

This, only gripe so far. That's what I mean that it resembles Rush, there you were boostin down a plane most of the time.

And on the downside, the levels (or GHZ at least) are narrower and more uneventful than any of the Unleashed HD stages. It's like a corridor.

Apotos in Unleashed was like this, then later on they started making the stages more spacious and complicated by introducing the quick-step and drift actions...hopefully Generations later levels will be more intuitive in level design.

Edited by KrazyBean14

* deceiving image*

I certainly remember in the Genesis games where springs were silent and turned into flowers! Don't you?

Its a cliff side. inside a waterfall. -_-'

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Apotos in Unleashed was like this, then later on they started making the stages more spacious and complicated by introducing the quick-step and drift actions...hopefully Generations later levels will be more intuitive in level design.

Nah, this is more like a straight line than Windmill Isle. The opening stretch of that level had a slightly split path, a low wall to jump over (or else trip), dash hoops you could use to take a shortcut and an easily missed pully that takes you to an extra life. Green Hill on the other hand doesn't have any such nooks and crannies.

The stage layout could also change a little. It's and early build, after all.

While Savannah Citadel did change, a lot, I wouldn't bet on it. Still sure I'm going to enjoy it, I just worry about reviewers and other fans finding it to be too simplistic after the C.Sonic gameplay looks far more engaging. Fingers crossed that later levels are more interestingly laid out.

One of my main concerns is for this game to be a decent length. I realize this isn't an easy thing when regarding Sonic and his speed through levels, but I hope with the amount of time this game has been worked on(which has been about 3 years), that it would at least be the length of Unleashed (the amount of time to complete all main levels).

While Savannah Citadel did change, a lot, I wouldn't bet on it. Still sure I'm going to enjoy it, I just worry about reviewers and other fans finding it to be too simplistic after the C.Sonic gameplay looks far more engaging. Fingers crossed that later levels are more interestingly laid out.

• Thumbs Up 2

One of my main concerns is for this game to be a decent length.

Edited by Super Choop

That's not quite fair. That first shot of Savannah Citadel is still pretty close to a few parts in the final product in the level. Take a look at the first 15 seconds, and 1:40 - 1:57. It is linear, but gives off the illusion of being wide open in the screen shot, as a lot of others have said. I don't really think it changed all that much from that previous screen shot.

I agree with you on being worried about critics and fans having a problem with it. It doesn't bother me a great deal, but the idea of Generations being considered 'another bad Sonic game' because of little issues like that has me concerned.

There's more shots like it. In the final game it's much flatter and not as wide at all.

Glad someone else is concerned about reception though. I've been taught to be very wary.

Reception is a concern of mine as well. It's come to the point where I can look at stuff both objectively and subjectively at the same time.

For example, as I saw modern Sonic's gameplay for the first time, I went, "Awesome, this is pretty much what I wanted to see!" but at the exact same time I was thinking: " even though I like this, I know people are gonna hate it... -_- what're you doing Sega?"

Edited by Inferno

Nah, this is more like a straight line than Windmill Isle. The opening stretch of that level had a slightly split path, a low wall to jump over (or else trip), dash hoops you could use to take a shortcut and an easily missed pully that takes you to an extra life. Green Hill on the other hand doesn't have any such nooks and crannies.

They've got about 7 months left, I'm sure they'll sort this out.....I hope....SEGA, you listening right?

Reception is a concern of mine as well. It's come to the point where I can look at stuff both objectively and subjectively at the same time.

For example, as I saw modern Sonic's gameplay for the first time, I went, "Awesome, this is pretty much what I wanted to see!" but at the exact same time I was thinking: " even though I like this, I know people are gonna hate it... -_- what're you doing Sega?"

Hopefully IGN doesn't do a Sonic Unleashed and give this a 4.5 and say that the controls suck whilst he purposefully jumped of a cliff. <_<

Then again, they'll probably give this a 9 JUST for the inclusion of classic Sonic...modern Sonic is gonna get bashed by these guys soooooooo much (I hope not), but after Colours, they might be more forgiving, but then again Colours was rated by the Wii group, the HD group are infamous for giving Sonic crappy scores because all they know are FPS's, I kid you not.

I'm sure as long as the game sells like hotcakes, Sega will be satisfied. But of course, it's always to have critics acknowledge that your favorite hedgehog finally got it right. :)

If I remember correctly, even reviewers like IGN who completely trashed the game said that if the game was all day stages, they would have loved it, even if it ended up only being a few hours long. Colors had very good reception as well.

Unless every review is a mentally retarded hypocritical biased jackass (which wouldn't at all surprise me), this game should receive some very good reception. I do have to agree with Blue Blood and Inferno though; that's my main concern at this point. This game is the result of SEGA creating a mind reading device and scanning my brain for the perfect Sonic game. If the game gets bad reception and they regard this as a failure, I will rage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Indeed. It's bad enough one anniversary game has soured Sonic's reputation.

Although, 06's main reason for failing to live to the hype was that it was rushed for the holidays. Let's see if Sega and Sonic Team is wise enough to not repeat the same mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1

How much you wanna bet Goldstein will review this? He'll be all "Classic is what Sega should be doing, and Modern should just die" he'll then give the game a 7.0 for being "Half Awesome, Half crap".

And he'll start the review by reminding EVERYBODY how bad Sonic used to be. Or describe his fall from grace, I'm calling it now.

• Thumbs Up 5

How much you wanna bet Goldstein will review this? He'll be all "Classic is what Sega should be doing, and Modern should just die" he'll then give the game a 7.0 for being "Half Awesome, Half crap".

And he'll start the review by reminding EVERYBODY how bad Sonic used to be. Or describe his fall from grace, I'm calling it now.

*Sigh* I can see it now -_-

UUUUUuuuUUuuUuUUUUuUuuuuUUuugGhH....... I can see this happening, sadly. :(

I actually don't see him doing that in this game. I mean he was the guy that kept saying that Sonic was all about speed right? If the modern gameplay has tight controlls and doesn't have ton's of cheap deaths I suspect this will go over well with Goldstein.

But I do expect him to go ape shit bonkers since Sonic's friends are making a return. :lol:

I actually don't see him doing that in this game. I mean he was the guy that kept saying that Sonic was all about speed right? If the modern gameplay has tight controlls and doesn't have ton's of cheap deaths I suspect this will go over well with Goldstein.

But I do expect him to go ape shit bonkers since Sonic's friends are making a return. :lol:

Unleashed may have had cheap deaths, but he clearly jumped off a cliff in his review while complaining about the controls...IN THE FIRST LEVEL!

Edited by Shadic93

Unleashed may have had cheap deaths, but he clearly jumped off a cliff in his review while complaining about the controls...IN THE FIRST LEVEL!

Yeah I know, I've seen the video. Many times.

Yeah I know, I've seen the video. Many times.

I haven't. Well, hadn't. I checked it out, considerng how it was mentioned.

...GOD, that guy is such an ass. There's no way Unleashed was even half as bad as he said!

...GOD, that guy is such an ass. There's no way Unleashed was even half as bad as he said!

Well I really didn't like Unleashed, but even I didn't think it was almost bad enough to rival the score of 06.

Who knows? Maybe Jack Devries, the guy who reviewed Free Riders, will have at it instead. If he does, I'm sure he'll give the game a fair score (not jumping to the conclusion that it will be good). I mean, an IGN editor gave Free Riders a good score. That's really surprising.

Another concern other than poor reception is the fact that this game is on HD consoles...and ONLY Hd consoles, meaning Sega are gonna have to really step it up for this game, if they don't want it to get usurped by all of the ther juggernaut titles.