Awoo.

Best voice actor for C. Sonic?

Sami

Who would you like to voice C. Sonic? Would you want him to be voiced by Smith (most likely with a change in pitch on his part)t, voiced by Jaleel White, voiced by Martin Burke, or just mute altogether?

Edited by Dissident

Nah. In the gameplay footage we got from that Spanish interview there's no voice for C.Sonic, but we can clearly hear it for M.Sonic. With these trailers the sound is added in post-production, and there's quite often some oddities. For example, in some Unleashed trailer they use the ring loss sound every time Sonic gets a load of rings in quick succession, and in Colours trailers they didn't add about half of them. This simply looks like an error.

Well, SEGA did say to Roger to make Modern Sonic sound older. I think he can pull it off. It's basically a younger Sonic. *shrug* Assuming he has a voice in cutscenes.

Edited by Ryusuke

Nah. In the gameplay footage we got from that Spanish interview there's no voice for C.Sonic, but we can clearly hear it for M.Sonic. With these trailers the sound is added in post-production, and there's quite often some oddities. For example, in some Unleashed trailer they use the ring loss sound every time Sonic gets a load of rings in quick succession, and in Colours trailers they didn't add about half of them. This simply looks like an error.

Oh, completely forgot about that.

Well, considering this ruins the point of the thread, I think some renaming time is in order. :D

Well it was a voice clip from Colors they used, so it may not be true.

I hope C. Sonic doesn't have a voice, it would ruin the potential for hilarious scenes with him and M. Sonic.

RCS's voice doesn't fit M Sonic IMO. Sonic in Colours sounded at least 25 instead of 15. That said, I have nothing against RCS's Sonic voice, I just think it sounds too old and if C Sonic is supposed to be a younger Sonic, the inappropriateness age-wise would be a bit more jarring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Using Smith for both would be the best choice.

Yikes, no thanks. I can't imagine he'd be able to do a fitting voice for C.Sonic, and the voice he does for M.Sonic would be totally unfitting (and confusing considering that's we'd be hearing him twice).

RCS's voice doesn't fit M Sonic IMO. Sonic in Colours sounded at least 25 instead of 15. That said, I have nothing against RCS's Sonic voice, I just think it sounds too old and if C Sonic is supposed to be a younger Sonic, the inappropriateness age-wise would be a bit more jarring.

I take it you never heard a lot of deep voiced teenagers in your time?

But, honestly, I think its best to keep Classic Sonic silent, especially with the animation as it is.

Edited by Ryusuke
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thin air would be the best voice for C. Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

RCS's voice doesn't fit M Sonic IMO. Sonic in Colours sounded at least 25 instead of 15.

Has Sonic ever sounded his age?....

Ever?...

Regardless, I'm with Dio-- If Classic Sonic is to have a voice, just let Roger do it. It makes sense-- They're the same gosh-darned character-- and I'm sure he's enough of an actor to pull off two different-sounding voices. Although personally, I'd rather Classic Sonic mute and Modern Sonic doing all the talking, if for nothing but the characterization and comedy possibilities.

Martin Burke

STERRRRRAAAAAAAAAANGE, ISN'T IT?!!

But yeah, like I said in the plot thread, I think Classic Sonic should be mute.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given how people like to treat classic Sonic as some sort of fast teddy bear, a squeaky duck. :P

I just said in the concerns topic that I would rather him be mute. But if they do decide to make Classic Sonic talk, I just want it to sound fitting.(Jaleel White-ish, preferably.) If RCS voices both Sonics, he should really make Classic Sonic sound younger, or else it won't work.

Strictly speaking, C Sonic was not exactly mute. He had voice clips in CD and even though they were voiced by a woman they were still incredibly appropriate, at least, to me.

I almost forgot, he has a voice in SEGASonic Arcade too. I firmly believe that both voices of C Sonic were extremely appropriate. They sounded young and, well, sounded as if they'd come from a 2'02'' tall adolescent blue hedgie boy. Not that you're ever going to see Takeshi Kusao and Keiko Utoku voice acting Sonic ever again. I just can't see that happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thin air would be the best voice for C. Sonic.

Don't you think its already difficult enough to believe Sonic's eyes changed colour after he went through puberty, rather than to complicate it further by making that the same explination for him developing his voice too?

There's only so much you can explain with hormones. :P

Well, if you didn't noticed, at the end, when both run towards the screen, you can hear two grunts (hua) by the same voice. Unless Sonic has two mouths, that means that both have a voice (and the same).

I think it's best if they just keep C. Sonic silent for this. Smith's voice just doesn't really fit him and I actually think I'd like it more if they just didn't try to find a voice that would fit him. Keeping him quiet is the way to go, which looks like they're doing, judging by the gameplay and such

Well, if you didn't noticed, at the end, when both run towards the screen, you can hear two grunts (hua) by the same voice. Unless Sonic has two mouths, that means that both have a voice (and the same).

Again, I'm not sure that means anything. The second post of this topic explains why.

It's funny how nobody made complaints about Dan Green making Knuckles sounds like he's in his 30's when he suppose to be 16.

Anyway, I think Jaleel White should voice C.Sonic. I like RCS as M.Sonic but I don't think his voice will fit C.Sonic. But we'll see how that goes.

Edited by sonfan1984

It's funny how nobody made complaints about Dan Green making Knuckles sounds like he's in his 30's when he suppose to be 16.

Anyway, I think Jaleel White should voice C.Sonic. I like RCS as M.Sonic but I don't think his voice will fit C.Sonic. But we'll see how that goes.

Or Travis "MINISKIRTS" Willingham for that matter.

Go listen to RCS's demo real again. He can easily pull off a younger sounding Sonic. The guys got range.

And this is probably why they asked him to sound a little older in Colours.

Go listen to RCS's demo real again. He can easily pull off a younger sounding Sonic. The guys got range.

And this is probably why they asked him to sound a little older in Colours.

I think its more of C. Sonic talking in general rather than the voice.