Awoo.

Best voice actor for C. Sonic?

Sami

I really am glad there isn't a voice for Sonic but if there was personally I think Ryan Drummond would be pretty cool, Jaleel White would make more sense and I certainly dig his voice but I thought Drummond suited Sonic perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 3

C. Sonic shouldn't be voice acted. There's no need for it. Maybe a few grunts, that kinda thing; maybe get the Link voice actor(s) Nintendo uses to do that work, since they're so experienced in that area.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, it's not that I don't like the thought of C. Sonic having a voice, it's just that him showing off his emotions/thoughts through facial and body language like Gromit would be more hilarious to watch.

I can just picture M. Sonic meeting C. Sonic for the first time and have a hard time trying to understand what he's saying. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, it's not that I don't like the thought of C. Sonic having a voice, it's just that him showing off his emotions/thoughts through facial and body language like Gromit would be more hilarious to watch.

I can just picture M. Sonic meeting C. Sonic for the first time and have a hard time trying to understand what he's saying. :P

Agreed. This sounds perfect to me and I was honestly imagining the same thing XD

I would like to see Jaleel back, but, I doubt that will happen, sadly D:

But, I guess Roger wouldn't be so bad. I mean, if he can pull off an perfect imitation of Mitchel Musso's voice (See: Oliver Oken in Hannah Montana Spotlight World Tour), then I believe he'll definitely be able to pull off a good voice for C. Sonic. And, judging from the gameplay trailer, I have a feeling it's going to be him anyways.

C. Sonic shouldn't be voice acted. There's no need for it. Maybe a few grunts, that kinda thing; maybe get the Link voice actor(s) Nintendo uses to do that work, since they're so experienced in that area.

I still expect him to be silent, but that'd be fine too I suppose. If they have decided to give him full on voice acting they can't afford a single hiccup.

I don't know where all this "Classic Sonic is silent" malarkey came from. Back in my day, Sonic was a freakin chatterbox with loads of tude. For me, it's gotta be Jaleel White all the way, but I don't think the games could handle that level of awesome.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm the only person in the Universes that doesn't like Jaleel White's voice.

Classic Sonic should have Martin Burke, as far as I'm concerned. Period. And I think Jun'ichi Kanemaru could pull off doing both voices without having it being obvious and confusing -- Japanese voice actors are just good like that. But if he doesn't, Classic Sonic's JP voice should either be Keiko Utoku (which would admittedly sound kinda weird) or a new person.... or whoever his JP voice in OVA was? I haven't even heard his JP OVA voice, but I hope it's good :P

You know what, I could actually dig Burke. Granted, his Sonic sounds like he's holding his nose all the time, but hey, the man had the attitude part nailed.

Edited by Aquaslash

As far as I can tell, RCS can doo pretty much any voice he's told to do.

Based off of his Demo Reel, he could anything from a child to an old man. We may not be able to get back the old voice actors, but we can have RCS doa pretty good voice nonetheless.

I don't know where all this "Classic Sonic is silent" malarkey came from. Back in my day, Sonic was a freakin chatterbox with loads of tude. For me, it's gotta be Jaleel White all the way, but I don't think the games could handle that level of awesome.

If Sonic X isn't valid, then neither are any of the old shows or comics. Sonic was silent in the old games, even if only because of technical limitations. Giving him an offical voice now would rattle a lot of feathers.

If Sonic X isn't valid, then neither are any of the old shows or comics. Sonic was silent in the old games, even if only because of technical limitations. Giving him an offical voice now would rattle a lot of feathers.

...But that still doesn't change the fact that it just doesn't make any sense for Classic Sonic to not have a voice. How will they explain it? Classic Sonic is a giant infant that hasn't learned how to talk yet? Also, they'd have to make the WHOLE GAME mute for it not to be weird for CS not to have a voice, and the making the whole game mute in itself would be weird, because as it takes place in every timeline I think it'd be safe to assume that when they go to timelines where people talk, people will be talking. There's really no way around the weird except to give Classic Sonic a voice, however controversial that may be.

Edited by Raxz

...But that still doesn't change the fact that it just doesn't make any sense for Classic Sonic to not have a voice. How will they explain it? Classic Sonic is a giant infant that hasn't learned how to talk yet? Also, they'd have to make the WHOLE GAME mute for it not to be weird for CS not to have a voice, and the making the whole game mute in itself would be weird, because as it takes place in every timeline I think it'd be safe to assume that when they go to timelines where people talk, people will be talking. There's really no way around the weird except to give Classic Sonic a voice, however controversial that may be.

It makes sense for him to have a voice because it would be just the way we remember him from the games. And what would need to be explained? He'd just get along with exaggerated actions and expressions, exactly like at the start of the gameplay trailer.

I want Jaleel White. It'd be way past cool---

But seriously, I think it'd be a cool homage to the old shows.

I'd like Jaleel White like most people, but I'd also like Keiko Utoku (the person who did his voice in Sonic CD). :B

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like Jaleel White like most people, but I'd also like Keiko Utoku (the person who did his voice in Sonic CD). :B

The last thing C.Sonic needs is Engrish. Ouch :P

The last thing C.Sonic needs is Engrish. Ouch :P

Engrish is great though! Then Japanese version only voice then?

• Thumbs Up 2

Engrish is great though! Then Japanese version only voice then?

Sure, he could have that voice in the Japanese version or whatever. But limiting C.Sonic to just talking Japanese? That'd be awful.

I don't understand why everyone thinks there needs to be an explanation for C. Sonic not to talk. Did we need one for Night of the Werehog? No. Sonic didn't magically lose his voice, they just wanted to portray him in a way that his emotions and movements speak for him. The same can easily be done for C. Sonic.

I don't understand why everyone thinks there needs to be an explanation for C. Sonic not to talk. Did we need one for Night of the Werehog? No. Sonic didn't magically lose his voice, they just wanted to portray him in a way that his emotions and movements speak for him. The same can easily be done for C. Sonic.

People want an explanation because he'll be interacting is M.Sonic, who we know can talk in this game (at least all his WOO-ing and YEAH-ing in levels). I still don't see why an explanation would be necessary though.

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. If they could have made Sonic talk as much in the games as he does now, they would have, plain and simple. In fact, they took every sensible chance they could to put speech in there somehow. If the small clips in SegaSonic Arcade and Sonic CD aren't enough, there's about maybe 3 lines or so in Sonic 3D blast (there really wasn't much to say there), and then there's a host of quotes from all of the manuals in every region. Never mind that every cartoon and comic with Classic Sonic was SEGA sponsored including the OVA, and in all of those, save the dialouge-less "man of the year", Sonic just wouldn't shut up.

If any "feathers are rattled", it's those of retards who just didn't get it, and no one should care about that. Sonic was never ever meant to be silent ever. That's Mario's gig. Now if SEGA wants to pander to a bunch of jaded fanboys and make Classic Sonic silent, then more power to them I guess. But this is my stance and I'm stickin to it. =P

EDIT: to clarify: If you don't want Sonic to talk because you're one of those guys that hates in game dialogue, well that's your thing, and that's ok. (I'm still gonna playfully bust your balls over it.) But to say that he shouldn't talk, well the point's on Green Hill and You're in the Mushroom Kingdom. Don't worry, we'll get you back

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 5

I think that Jaleel White was the best voice actor for classic Sonic. I felt that he was quite good at giving Sonic voice wise some depth as a character(especially in Satam).

That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. If they could have made Sonic talk as much in the games as he does now, they would have, plain and simple. In fact, they took every sensible chance they could to put speech in there somehow. If the small clips in SegaSonic Arcade and Sonic CD aren't enough, there's about maybe 3 lines or so in Sonic 3D blast (there really wasn't much to say there), and then there's a host of quotes from all of the manuals in every region. Never mind that every cartoon and comic with Classic Sonic was SEGA sponsored including the OVA, and in all of those, save the dialouge-less "man of the year", Sonic just wouldn't shut up.

If any "feathers are rattled", it's those of retards who just didn't get it, and no one should care about that. Sonic was never ever meant to be silent ever. That's Mario's gig. Now if SEGA wants to pander to a bunch of jaded fanboys and make Classic Sonic silent, then more power to them I guess.But this is my stance and I'm stickin to it. =P

EDIT: to clarify: If you don't want Sonic to talk because you're one of those guys that hates in game dialogue, well that's your thing, and that's ok. (I'm still gonna playfully bust your balls over it.) But to say that he shouldn't talk, well the point's on Green Hill and You're in the Mushroom Kingdom. Don't worry, we'll get you back

I don't see why it makes no sense. We know C.Sonic could talk back then for all manner of reasons like you said, but that doesn't change the fact that he didn't talk. Having him talk now would be a very odd 'change' that would be difficult to adapt to. Get him a decent voice and characterise him well and sure I'll have no problem with him talking. I'd rather he was mute, but if it's done well then it's done well. SEGA already are pandering to a bunch of jaded fanboys with this anyway though, aren't they?

And to clarify, I don't want C.Sonic to talk simply because I can't imagine it being pulled off well. I'm actually a big fan of dialogue both in-game and otherwise. I'm in Green Hill too mate, just I'm in act 1 and you're in act 2. =P

Edited by Blue Blood