Awoo.

Best voice actor for C. Sonic?

Sami

My vote goes to Jaleel White.

But anyway, I feel that all incarnations of Sonic are meant to talk, he was never designed to be one of those silent protagonists. He does have a voice on systems capable of having some vocal clips. When he's on a system that is technically limited, naturally you would be forced to convey his attitude not with voice, but with hands. It seems to me that people want Classic Silent Sonic because the games in which he doesn't make any vocal noises are the classical S1-S3&K, which just so happens to be the apparent Golden Age of Sonic.

When he's on a system that is technically limited, naturally you would be forced to convey his attitude not with voice, but with hands.

And it's partly because he's doing all that and behaving like Mickey Mouse in the trailer than I'm having a hard time imagining him talking.

Well we could have the random new enemy zap Classic Sonic with a voice stealer so Classic can't communicate with Modern Sonic effectively to produce THE SUPER AWESOME POWER OF TEAMWORK.

Calling it.

Edited by SEGAMew

You can still be animated and talk.

Maybe he should just talk less, rather than not talk at all, or talk too much (frankly I think all the character talk too much)

And I just thought. S3K cutscenes are a good argument for C.Sonic not to talk. It'd be great to get some more of them.

So... Am I gonna be the only one to do this. Alrighty, I'll just leave this here, and you can interpret that as you like.

But anyway, It's very unfortunate for me to pick a voice actor for C!Sonic. I dislike all of the ones he had. >: But, if I had a shotgun pointed at me and be forced to pick, then I would choose Jaleel, since I'm used to his voice for C!Sonic. -w-'

Good luck having Classic Sonic be a mute in a story where he interacts with others.

This isn't the same thing as Night of the Werehog where no one talked. This storyline is deeper than that, and since this Classic Sonic is younger Sonic, you can't tell me that he's gonna be a mute and suddenly get his voice at puberty.

Sure, he probably won't talk much, and probably won't utter a sound during gameplay, but just you wait for those cutscenes.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... Am I gonna be the only one to do this. Alrighty, I'll just leave this here, and you can interpret that as you like.

But anyway, It's very unfortunate for me to pick a voice actor for C!Sonic. I dislike all of the ones he had. >: But, if I had a shotgun pointed at me and be forced to pick, then I would choose Jaleel, since I'm used to his voice for C!Sonic. -w-'

Oh hai person that spends all her time on the Sega Forums.

We've already said why that isn't his voice. Sound effects (including voice clips) are added in post production to trailers. It's nowhere to be heard in the actual gameplay.

I'd love Jaleel White to return, but that won't happen. You could hear a grunt from RCS in the gameplay trailer, so I assume he's voicing him.

Have him mute. Not because he was silent in the originals, but because he's one of those characters I'd rather not hear official voiced dialogue for. It would be like giving Calvin & Hobbes a voice.

You could hear a grunt from RCS in the gameplay trailer, so I assume he's voicing him.

Again, no. In the footage from the interview you never hear C.Sonic utter a word, so it's most likely something that was added to the wrong place in the trailer. Happens all the time.

Why is it that Jaleel White is even being considered? While I love the old cartoons (have them all on DVD), Jaleel never represented Sonic in the games. So to have him "return" to voicing the video games doesn't really make sense, as he was never there to begin with.

I'm thinking RCS with a higher pitched voice, he can do it.

edit: Still, Jaleel is damn cool. Dude is 100% cool with being approached and thanked for voicing Sonic, he seems proud of the job.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I don't know, but the chances are that classic Sonic may be mute like he was in the old games, but from what I have heard in the trailer he may have the same VA as his modern counterpart.

I don't know, but the chances are that classic Sonic may be mute like he was in the old games, but from what I have heard in the trailer he may have the same VA as his modern counterpart.

I love how nobody's reading my posts about why that's really not the case...

• Thumbs Up 2

Though you have to wonder if he was mute due to tech limitations, or due to the creators intending for him to be mute. Personally, considering Sonic's personality, I can't imagine him being mute. How would he smack talk Robotnik? Classic Sonic was all talk in the cartoons (probably why people would want Jaleel), the anime and spoke a few smartass lines in Sonic CD.

I can't imagine Modern Sonic approaching C.Sonic and the dude just miming. He's not Silent Era Mickey.

Have him mute. Not because he was silent in the originals, but because he's one of those characters I'd rather not hear official voiced dialogue for. It would be like giving Calvin & Hobbes a voice.

Dude, I would totally love to know what Calvin and Hobbes sound like.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, it's not that I don't like the thought of C. Sonic having a voice, it's just that him showing off his emotions/thoughts through facial and body language like Gromit would be more hilarious to watch.

I can just picture M. Sonic meeting C. Sonic for the first time and have a hard time trying to understand what he's saying. :P

I'm with you there sister. And if they really give Classic Sonic a voice, well, this picture should explain what my reaction would be

johnnydisappoint2.jpg

Dude, I would totally love to know what Calvin and Hobbes sound like.

This is a terrible thing and you should feel terrible.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I think perceptions of Classic Sonic's "muteness" are less to do with Classic Sonic having intrinsic quietness and more to do with the technical limitations that prevented Classic Sonic from vocalising most of the time back in the day. I'm fairly sure that Classic Sonic was intended to be a fairly vocal little guy and that the only reason as to why he was quiet was technical limitations.

I'd feel that purposeful muteness of C Sonic would be intiguing if it was done as a purposeful nod towards C Sonic's muteness as the result of technical limitations when that design was still relevant but purposeful muteness with absolutely no explanation as to why? Can't say that I'd personally like that.

This is a terrible thing and you should feel terrible.

Yeah, while we're at it, they should make Gromit speak too. :P

To everyone who wants C. Sonic to have a voice. Why? He didn't have a voice in his time not counting the few noices he made in CD. It would be really odd for him to have a voice now. Yeah it would help push the story along and there would be some talking between the 2 sonics but still. That would really piss SOOOOO many people off that are not inside the fanbase but grew up with C. Sonic.

Edited by Ultimate X360
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

To everyone who wants C. Sonic to have a voice. Why?

Because C Sonic is not mute and because him not talking much was down to technical limitation, not intrinsic quietness. There's little reason to believe that C Sonic should be mute in Generations unless it's going to be a purposeful, amusing and light-hearted nod to his quietness as a result of technical limitation back in the day instead of C Sonic being mute out of concious choice because C Sonic was perfectly capable of speaking coherent sentences.

He didn't have a voice in his time not counting the few noices he made in CD.

He spoke in Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car, SEGASonic Arcade and in non-game media that feature C Sonic design.

• Thumbs Up 3

To everyone who wants C. Sonic to have a voice. Why? He didn't have a voice in his time
Because the Sega Genesis couldn't do voices, at least not without it being degraded into a garbled mess. I can guarantee, if the technology was there, he'd talk, at least a little bit. They gave him a few words the first chance they got (Sonic CD) and didn't hesitate to go for fully voiced cutscenes when the technology allowed it (SA).

It would be really odd for him to have a voice now.
Yeah it was so fucking bizarre when he started talking in 1999, I'm glad they stopped doing that...oh, wait.

That would really piss SOOOOO many people off that are not inside the fanbase but grew up with C. Sonic.
Fuck 'em, they'd only be pissed off because of their warped interpretation of the character. And honestly I doubt many casuals/former fans would care, considering they got a heavy dose of Sonic talking from the cartoons.
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

To everyone who wants C. Sonic to have a voice. Why? He didn't have a voice in his time not counting the few noices he made in CD. It would be really odd for him to have a voice now. Yeah it would help push the story along and there would be some talking between the 2 sonics but still. That would really piss SOOOOO many people off that are not inside the fanbase but grew up with C. Sonic.

It's not like C.Sonic is actually a mute character. He talks a whole lot outside the videogames. He talks in the OVA movie, he talks in commericals, and he talks in the old cartoons. I'm pretty sure that if the older games has full voice acting back then they would've gave him a voice. So C.Sonic being able to talk wouldn't seem odd to me cause I know that the little guy can actually speak.

He spoke in Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car, SEGASonic Arcade and in non-game media that feature C Sonic design.

Don't forget Sonic Schoolhouse. :)

Edited by sonfan1984