Awoo.

Best voice actor for C. Sonic?

Sami

Wait, Ruby himself confirmed that Classic Sonic doesn't talk? Well, hoorah hoorah! I'm happy. x3;;

There's a lot about the game that remains secret. Much of the gameplay is still in that realm, so I can't offer new tidbits of info you may not have already seen there.

As to voices, it's been already confirmed that Classic Sonic doesn't talk, so I was happy to clarify - it means a lot to some people!

Sounds -or pantomimes- fine to me! I do hope there's a plot point to explain younger, classic Sonic's silence, however, otherwise it'll just be weird.

FUCK YES! Reposting the quotes since they're at the bottom of the previous page...

It's a big deal for some because Classic Sonic never really spoke in the old games. Save for Jaleel White, who voiced our blue hero in the old Sonic Cartoons, it's generally taboo to have Classic Sonic speaking. Hope this explained a bit!

There's a lot about the game that remains secret. Much of the gameplay is still in that realm, so I can't offer new tidbits of info you may not have already seen there.

As to voices, it's been already confirmed that Classic Sonic doesn't talk, so I was happy to clarify - it means a lot to some people!

They did the right thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

FUCK YES! Reposting the quotes since they're at the bottom of the previous page...

They did the right thing............

.....to avoid controversy.

They are never ever going to actually do something different because they're too scared of how we would react to it. This is good in some areas (ahem physics), but bad in other areas (how narrative and character development is handled, gameplay mechanics etc)

• Thumbs Up 3

Well then, I truly hope that they nail the expressions of C Sonic like they did for M Sonic in Night of the Werehog in order to portray his character without the aid of speech and not use C Sonic's muteness as a crutch for M Sonic to make lame jokes off the back of. But going by Colours' brand of writing, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm all for C Sonic to endearingly portray his character through his actions like he did back in the day without speech having to spell it out. After all, actions can speak louder than words. All I'm hoping for is that this will be done well :D

• Thumbs Up 1

So more focus on a Gromit-esque Sonic.

I can dig it. Especially since Ken Pontac and Warren Graff are doing this, they already have tons of experience with that from Happy Tree Friends.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well if they decide to keep C.Sonic mute then I guess that's a good thing cause SEGA don't have to deal with a bunch of fans bitching about C.Sonic being able to talk.

Well if they decide to keep C.Sonic mute then I guess that's a good thing cause SEGA don't have to deal with a bunch of fans bitching about C.Sonic being able to talk.

While on the flipside, they will deal with people who wanted Classic to sound like Urkel =P

If it were up to me, Classic would speak hedgehoglish.

They are never ever going to actually do something different because they're too scared of how we would react to it. This is good in some areas (ahem physics), but bad in other areas (how narrative and character development is handled, gameplay mechanics etc)

Yep. They took the easy, cowardly route.
  • Thumbs Up 11
  • Bad Quality Post 3

This whole game is nothing but an "easy, cowardly" concession if you want to get right down to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Making C. Sonic silent is for the best, considering the backlash Sonic frequently gets from the "fans" and I don't blame SEGA taking a safe route. Though personally I would have loved it if Jaleel White were to voice him.

Yep. They took the easy, cowardly route.

No, they took the smart and nostalgic route.

See, two can play at the sound-like-a-douche game.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 2

While on the flipside, they will deal with people who wanted Classic to sound like Urkel =P

If it were up to me, Classic would speak hedgehoglish.

I wanted Urkel to voice C.Sonic but if they want to keep him silent then that's alright with me. I guess M.Sonic has to be the one who have to do all the talking in this game.

To be fair, SEGA has been taking the daring route for years to get bad to almost above average results. Those darn risk takers! =P

• Thumbs Up 1

This whole game is nothing but an "easy, cowardly" concession if you want to get right down to it.

Yes it is.

They could have avoided this by going with their gut rather than doing everything in fear of the mighty fanbase and the general gaming community.

Firstly, they could have added Classic Sonic as more or less a skin. The story can involve them interacting and so on, but when it comes to gameplay you can choose which of the two you'd rather play as and switch between whenever you feel like it.

Secondly, they could have gotten Classic Sonic to speak (the issue at hand right here). Not with a nostalgia-goggled choice like White, or Burke, no they could have gotten RCS to do a younger voice.

Thirdly, they could have not seperated the C.Sonic/M.Sonic moveset, rather combining the two and removing the excess fat. Both characters play more or less the same. The only difference is aesthetics, as neither offer any kind of mechanical advantage.

This is getting off topic, so I'll end it here.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't understand how your suggestions are treading any more new ground than what this game is currently doing; It's only streamlining the basic ideas.

Nevertheless, I imagine you missed the point of why I made such a remark. xP

Yes it is.

They could have avoided this by going with their gut rather than doing everything in fear of the mighty fanbase and the general gaming community.

Firstly, they could have added Classic Sonic as more or less a skin. The story can involve them interacting and so on, but when it comes to gameplay you can choose which of the two you'd rather play as and switch between whenever you feel like it.

Secondly, they could have gotten Classic Sonic to speak (the issue at hand right here). Not with a nostalgia-goggled choice like White, or Burke, no they could have gotten RCS to do a younger voice.

Thirdly, they could have not seperated the C.Sonic/M.Sonic moveset, rather combining the two and removing the excess fat. Both characters play more or less the same. The only difference is aesthetics, as neither offer any kind of mechanical advantage.

This is getting off topic, so I'll end it here.

I don't agree there. If anything SEGA is trying to appease both the Classic fans and Modern fans and so far it looks great. I don't think I'd like the concept of this game as much if Classic Sonic was nothing but a skin. If anything it's offering the best of both worlds. If this is trying to appeal to both classic and modern fans, I think it did it's job.

I don't agree there. If anything SEGA is trying to appease both the Classic fans and Modern fans and so far it looks great. I don't think I'd like the concept of this game as much if Classic Sonic was nothing but a skin. If anything it's offering the best of both worlds. If this is trying to appeal to both classic and modern fans, I think it did it's job.
But I'm both, so why am I not happy? :(

Well the thing is that SEGA has tried a lot of things different in the past (Having Sonic be Aladdin, the Black Knight, a Werewolf, a promotion for beastiality) And most of it didn't help Sonic instead it harmed him. I know SEGA shouldn't always bow to the fans, but the least they can do is stick to basics.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

Why hallo thar, Sonic5993 Shadic. ^^

That's super chill, man, but that's not the reason why I posted that link. Nor does the link say that the voice in the trailer is C!Sonic. ^^; Oooorrr I could totally be misreading and you're saying that you already know that, which is also super chill.

However, this is the reason why I posted that:

Although, if this has already been brought up, then I blame my skimming habits. X3;

News'd

Thanks for the heads up! I've given you credit for the find :)

News'd

Thanks for the heads up! I've given you credit for the find :)

Well, that ends this topic for me. Great job Shadzter and other guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

So no Urkel nor British Spongebob? ;_;

Why would you want Britsh (assuming you actually mean English) Spongebob? Sonic should should never sound goofy and clown-like or whatever.