Awoo.

Best voice actor for C. Sonic?

Sami

Wow. They took the pussy ass option of pandering to the punk ass nostalgia-fags. Why am I not surprised? >_>

Translation: They didn't pander to me, so I'm gonna bitch about them pandering.

• Thumbs Up 4

Not quite. It's more of a celebration/tribute deal, so the including classic elements was a given. I sense no...let's see here..."sincerity" in using the classic looks for any reason not related to tribute.

After all, Iizuka said just last year that the modern look was here to stay and willingly pissed off legions of fanboys by using the modern look in Sonic 4. Now he's gone and doubled back on that because evidently this time the backlash was too much for him to handle. That or he's just a massive troll.

EDIT: Holy hell, ninjas! Ninjas everywhere!

Because they also took the pussy ass option of pandering to the punk ass modern-fags by including Green Eyes Sonic. Why am I not surprised either?

As always, two can play at that game.

This statement implies that they were ever NOT going to use modern Sonic, which I just detailed is not the case. Two can play The Game, but you just lost it. Again try =P

Translation: They didn't pander to me, so I'm gonna bitch about them pandering.

It's not pandering to me (because they'd have never used White anyway), but using actual sense. Oh wait, I'm expecting sense from SEGA, silly me. I guess I lost too. :/

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't know where all this "Classic Sonic is silent" malarkey came from. Back in my day, Sonic was a freakin chatterbox with loads of tude. For me, it's gotta be Jaleel White all the way, but I don't think the games could handle that level of awesome.

I believe SEGA's pandering to everyone's -retro fans, Adventure fans, those who jumped in with Heroes or Unleashed, etc.- nostalgia with this game. It's a celebration of Sonic's past; let those who like silent Sonic have their fun, it's not like a chatty Sonic is not around anymore.

Edited by BlazingTales

Can I have a mute track and a vocal track option for Classic Sonic? biggrin.gif
  • Thumbs Up 1

For the folks saying that Mute Sonic is how the casuals remember him so it should be alright to make him mute, Sonic Team didnt take away C.Sonic's shoe buckles just because the casuals didn't know he had them, they're still there. :<

Just saying.

(reworded for clarity)

Edited by Inferno

It's not pandering to me (because they'd have never used White anyway), but using actual sense. Oh wait, I'm expecting sense from SEGA, silly me. I guess I lost too. :/

This statement implies that they were ever NOT going to use modern Sonic, which I just detailed is not the case. Two can play The Game, but you just lost it. Again try =P

Edited by Blue Blood

I would start riots if Sonic Team takes away Classic Sonic's shoe buckles. You know how many times over the years people keep telling me that Classic Sonic doesn't have buckles? =|

Edited by SEGAMew

Jaleel voiced a Sonic from a totally separate continuity from the games though. Applying cartoon traits to the game character is pure fanon with no actual basis in official continuity. It's as sensical as classic Eggman sounding like Jim Cummings, y'know? (That is to say, it isn't sensical at all)

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I believe I've answered this question more times than I've cared to recall right now, so all I'll say here is check past posts.

Wow. They took the pussy ass option of pandering to the punk ass nostalgia-fags. Why am I not surprised? >_>

When last has SEGA listened to Classic fans, Sonic 4? Please that was an embarassment. If anything SEGA has never really listened to the Classic fans

And if you say that I can safely say that SEGA has been pandering to punk ass Modern Sonic fags with extra characters, shitty alternative gameplay styles, and furry fan service for 9 years.

See? Two can play at that game bro.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think the consensus is that it's just as reasonable to assume classic Sonic could talk as much as it is to assume classic Sonic was a mute: it all depends on what you were exposed to during classic Sonic's run. Most people were at very least exposed to the main games on the Mega Drive, where Sonic was a silent protagonist. Whether he would have talked in the older games if not for the technical limitations is not for Sonic Generations address. Generations is paying tribute to Sonic's history, and as such I suppose it makes sense to feature the days Sonic didn't speak in-game.

And if you say that I can safely say that SEGA has been pandering to punk ass Modern Sonic fags with extra characters, shitty alternative gameplay styles, and furry fan service for 9 years.

I-I-I realize you're making a point about negative stereotypes, but....one kiss constitutes 9 years of furry fan service?

Son, you make my inner modern fan sad. sad.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

So ANYWAYS.... I hope there's a cutscene/loading scene where Modern and Classic play charades while in the Dreamcast Era waiting for Sonic Shuffle's stage to load.

Oh gosh the load times/amount (nothing compared to Sonic 06 but still).

Edited by SEGAMew

I'm kinda glad that SEGA decided to keep Classic Sonic a mute now cause I can already see people complain about SEGA using the wrong voice actor to voice C.Sonic and that SEGA ruined C.Sonic by giving him a voice. I'm growing rather tired of the voice wars in this fanbase already.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love how everyone thinks a KISS is where babies come from. >_>

Come off it already, technically it never happened right? RITE?!

• Thumbs Up 1

When last has SEGA listened to Classic fans, Sonic 4? Please that was an embarassment. If anything SEGA has never really listened to the Classic fans

See? Two can play at that game bro.

And just like Blue Blood, you too, have lost said Game. Like it or not, Sonic 4 WAS part of your service to classic fans. It's because of them that the game is even CALLED Sonic 4. Only thing they did was hold their ground in their decision to use the modern look instead instead of providing a classic skin.

Also, your "pandering to modern fans" is way off. They really haven't been haven't been doing that either. You recall that the last time any of the extra cast was playable in a main title was late 2006. AKA almost five years ago. The other cast has been entirely resigned to spinoff and side games, and even then, all of them really don't get used. Remember the last time Charmy was playable? Pretty sure it hasn't been since Heroes.

You know why it's like that? Because the Classic Fans have been leading the charge in complaining about Sonic's friends because of some odd vision where there are only a handful of characters in the entire series. The odd part is that not only does this list stop at S3&K, but it includes Amy, who was in what...4 games that nobody ever played? (and the call ME sensless) In any case, this has resulted in FOUR YEARS of games where only Sonic is playable. That's right guys. Sonic talks to dead robots because you (Classic fans) effectively killed all of his friends.

If you ask me, the people you speak of have been getting majorly shafted for a long time. However, this is way off topic. Care to start another?

EDIT: BTW, if anyone cares, I don't consider myself as falling into either category. I'm more of a general Sonic fan...if you can have such a think I guess :/

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 5

Here's a question. Does this basically entail that all of the classic characters are gonna be mute? What kind of possible explanation could you have for the entire cast to all of a sudden start speaking out of nowhere?

Are we REALLY gonna be THAT literal as to adopt the idea that canonically, Sonic used to be a mute, and then suddenly started talking?

C.Sonic being mute in this game is supposed to be a homage to the fact that he didn't have any voice clips in the classic games, not as a retcon where Sonic lacked vocal chords until SA1.

So ANYWAYS.... I hope there's a cutscene/loading scene where Modern and Classic play charades while in the Dreamcast Era waiting for Sonic Shuffle's stage to load.

Oh gosh the load times/amount (nothing compared to Sonic 06 but still).

Oh man, I'd love it if this game had a bonus level easter egg you could unlock that ended up just to be the loading screen for Sonic 06. XD

I admit I didn't like not being able to play any of Sonic's friends outside of a party/mini/racing game. What's the point of a cast over 20+ chars if they've all been demoted to story elements equivalent to less than a chao?

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we REALLY gonna be THAT literal as to adopt the idea that canonically, Sonic used to be a mute, and then suddenly started talking?

The second I see him gesturing in cutscenes in a canon game, you better believe it. You got your voiceless Sonic, now deal with the things it causes.

• Thumbs Up 1

And just like Blue Blood, you too, have lost said Game. Like it or not, Sonic 4 WAS part of your service to classic fans. It's because of them that the game is even CALLED Sonic 4. Only thing they did was hold their ground in their decision to use the modern look instead instead of providing a classic skin.

*shortened for the sake of not having a huge quote*

I can't speak for CoES, but my reaction was like that to be a parallel to yours. I don't think my point was completely invalid either, but eesh that's not the problem. Mind going a little lighter on the generalising and insults next time? Some people were upset, but nobody else decided to lower the tone and start attacking for no reason. Kiss and make up, Aqua?

Now to make this more on topic and less mini-modding (sorry 'bout that), the main reason I wanted C.Sonic to be mute is because I was worried about what voice they'd give him. Especially since I don't have any memories of him being voiced (never watched the shows or read the comics), it would be awkward and jarring. There was a slim chance they could pull it off, but it still wouldn't have be the C.Sonic I know and love.

Edited by Blue Blood

To all of the people who say "SEGA is appeasing the nostalgia fanboys once again" I need to ask you when last have they done that? Sonic 4 doesn't count because that was a disgrace and you know it. SEGA has never really given Classic fans any love recently, and for the first time, SEGA listens to a harmless demand from Classic fans and you scold them for it? Seriously WTF? With all of the shit SEGA has done in the past, SEGA should be kissing the feet of Classic fans.

So in the end we have Sonic fans bitching because they appeased to classic fans.

This is a game for both Classic fans and Modern fans. I don't see why Modern fans should tell what SEGA should do with the Classic fans. Let the Classic fans have they're turn to get what they want.

Now I don't want anybody to take this the wrong way. I don't think SEGA should be slaves to the fans demands, and I think SEGA is capable of thinking for themselves, but still, this is really the first time SEGA is listening to Classic fans's demands instead of half-assing it and people still complain. This looks like SEGA is passionately listening to the Classic fans, yet the Modern fans bash them for it. It makes no fucking sense! But then again, this is the Sonic fanbase :P

Here's a challenge, I want people to tell me why Classic Sonic should, or shouldn't have a voice.

• Bad Quality Post 2