Awoo.

Best Voice Actor for C Eggman/Robotnik

Tailikku

Considering that there's a topic going on now for who should be the best Voic Actor for Classic Sonic, I have decided to make a spin of it and ask who so provide the voice of Dr. Robotnik (not the modern one) in Sonic Generations.

So for me, I'd say Robotnik should be voiced by:

That voice doesn't fit classic Eggman at all. Stick with Pollock; he's done a damn good Eggman so far, I have no doubt he'd do just as well for the slightly younger version.

Considering that there's a topic going on now for who should be the best Voic Actor for Classic Sonic, I have decided to make a spin of it and ask who so provide the voice of Dr. Robotnik (not the modern one) in Sonic Generations.

So for me, I'd say Robotnik should be voiced by:

*Old TV show Robotnik voice*

You really think that voice would suit this guy?

Eggman01_32.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

The one in Sonic CD. You know, that guy who does the giggling and talking in not only the EURO/JP Boss theme but also in the Bad Ending during the scene where the Little Planet reappears and it's covered in metal. It sounds giddy, jovial and appropriate.

That said, I actually believe that Mike would still suit C Eggman. He's that awesome.

Edited by Verte

You really think that voice would suit this guy?

Dr+Robotnik.jpg

God yes. Pollock would just have to exaggerate his acting a little and BINGO. Eggman (modern) would be the semi-serious, semi-comedic villain. Robotnik (classic) would just be a full on Joker-type madman.

The best Robotnik voice actors of the past have sadly died, and Jim Cummings (while great at what he does) sounds too much like Pete (of Disney fame) to me.

Plus, if this is Eggman's past self, wouldn't he have the same actor but voiced a little younger? They ain't from alternate universes.

The best Robotnik voice actors of the past have sadly died, and Jim Cummings (while great at what he does) sounds too much like Pete (of Disney fame) to me.

Plus, if this is Eggman's past self, wouldn't he have the same actor but voiced a little younger? They ain't from alternate universes.

Yes, but Eggman (I'm assuming here) is an adult. Adults don't randomly have another voice-change after getting older. Possibly when aging to retirement age, but Eggman is not that old.

God yes. Pollock would just have to exaggerate his acting a little and BINGO. Eggman (modern) would be the semi-serious, semi-comedic villain. Robotnik (classic) would just be a full on Joker-type madman.

Pollock would be great. I was replying to Tailikku, but Dio ninja'd me.

Mike Pollock would be a good choice... and makes sense considering classic and modern Eggman are the same characters... But a part of me would love to see Edwin Neal from the OVA voicing Eggman again. <3

Despite SatAM Robotnik being my favorite incarnation of the character, which is highly bolstered by Jim Cummings' awesome performance..but he just wouldn't fit for the silly looking classic Robotnik. Although it certainly would make the character seem more unpredictably evil if he had his silly look but with such an evil voice.

I don't know...I kind of think it would be funny if he was mostly silent except for evil, overenthusiastic laughter.

Edited by BD3

How about Edwin Neal (Sonic OVA voice actor), I liked his voice and it would fit Classic Eggman (imo).

Unfortunately, Long John Baldry is no longer with us. :(

To me, there is only one voice of Robotnik, and it is this.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Classic Eggman is not SatAM Robotnik. I don't know how many times I have to say it.

I'm all for Pollock voicing the classic doctor. But if they must get someone else, Edwin Neal at least fits the classic design.

Pollock can voice both because Baldry isn't among us and Cummings is his own robotnik.

But if you wanted to put Edwin Neal in the role, I wouldn't be displeased.

We need this Robotnik to be in the games.

robnik2.jpg

Jim Cummings is the best Robotnik voice in my opinion.

I don't like Mike Pollock's Robotnik voice. I find it to be too silly.

Edited by Lostsoul666
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Pollock, Pollock, Pollock, a thousand times, Pollock.

He's perfect for C. Robotnik, since as much as I love Jim Cummings' voice, it just doesn't fit this Robotnik. Pollock would make it sound like it's meant to be there.

One must wonder, if C!Sonic is mute, then will Robotnik (That'swhatI'mcallingC!EggmansoSILENCE!)stay mute as well? My guess is yes.

Buuut, if he were to have a voice, then Mike all the way~. ^^

I don't like Mike Pollock's Robotnik voice. I find it to be too silly.
Yes yes, far too silly.

Eggman01_32.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Hm, so now we are probably going to be facing the prospect of mute Robotnik too. Awesome. I wonder it'll pan out.

I think Pollock's gonna be voicing him....WHICH IS FINE BY ME.

Though if they got Edwin Neal, that would be amazing.

Hm, so now we are probably going to be facing the prospect of mute Robotnik too. Awesome. I wonder it'll pan out.

Or at least mute until his Modern counterpart gets frustrated and builds some device to make him talk or something. :P